Did Keegan turn them all down?

KaKa

If it is the case that Ashley didn't want Keegan choosing players then it says everything about his knowledge of the game really. Keegan has generally been very good in the transfer market throughout his entire career as a manager, buying flair players that excite the fans. He also has the ability to persuade players to sign on the dotted line.

Of course everyone knows this except the cunt that hired him.

Aye, his £50 million spent at Man City brought in some amazing players.

It's strange how a lot of the media and certain individuals like to rewrite history about KK's managerial career. I can't be arsed to do it, but if somebody could prepare a table that shows the position each club was in when Keegan took over, the position they were in when he left, and then the NET transfer fees paid out, it would be useful reading for a lot of the doubters.

I'm pretty sure that he left Fulham, Man City and Newcastle (first time) in better positions than when he took over. Most of the ealry progress at all clubs seems to me to have been achieved at modest cost. Its when you try to push to the next level i.e. mid table Premier to top 6 that it takes a lot of cash, law of diminishing returns and all that....

Someone told me that Wise has brought in over 30 new players into the academy.

Personally, I have never ever felt so pissed off with our club. I have supported them for best part of 60 years and for the first time ever I feel like I don't ever want to see them again.  For this I blame Ashley alone, he is changing it from our club to his club. I know he owns it and can do what the hell he likes with it, and he will, but I just feel that something has been torn away from me.

Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Sahin, Gomez, Pandev, Garay, Veloso, Digard, Chamakh, Skjelbred and many more.

There seemed to be quite a good number of promisingyoungsters who we were very strongly linked with this summer, and who it seems fit the criteria of the type of player the club wanted to see brought in.

Tbh I think KK screwed us royally from that standpoint. Very frustrating.

I doubt KK is as pure as the driven snow in this, and believe you may have a point.

It really p*ss*s me off the set minds on the subject of King Kev

This is the same bloke who wasn't all that keen on youth development and got rid of the reserve team first time here, remember (one lunatic idea put right by Daglish - and he NEVER got the credit HE deserved)

Someone told me that Wise has brought in over 30 new players into the academy.

Is that not a big positive though?

Yes, it is.

But some can't work it out for themselves and go with the majority.

Mob-mentality.

Yes it is, that was what he initially said his job was. Why in the hell it has spiralled into the current mess I fail to understand

I know, I don't think Dennis Wise is as much to do with this mess as everyone seems to have assumed though. Just because he has the 'Executive Director (Football)' title he is getting the blame.

Nice to see some people are intelligent enough to see what to me is bloody obvious.

Sadly we are in a minority among the mis-spelt banner wavers.

Yes it is, that was what he initially said his job was. Why in the hell it has spiralled into the current mess I fail to understand

I know, I don't think Dennis Wise is as much to do with this mess as everyone seems to have assumed though. Just because he has the 'Executive Director (Football)' title he is getting the blame.

Problem is, Wise is so far up Ashleys arse you can only see the soles of his shoes, but if you were in his position, on £1mil a year you'd probably be happy to carry out the wishes of Mr Ashley

Usual "knowledgeable answer" that we've come to expect from the banner waving mob......

Wise is in charge of Jimenez, Vetere, and the coaches, and reports directly to Llambias, it's quite clear:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

He is clearly the one in ultimate charge of deciding who we sign and who we sell. If he chose to sign a player the manager specifically said he didn't want, which is Keegan's claim, then he is the person most responsible on the club's side for the consequences.

Wise is in charge of Jimenez, Vetere, and the coaches, and reports directly to Llambias, it's quite clear:

He is clearly the one in ultimate charge of deciding who we sign and who we sell. If he chose to sign a player the manager specifically said he didn't want, which is Keegan's claim, then he is the person most responsible on the club's side for the consequences.

Well, he might be above him in the structure, but I don't think that means he micro-manages what they do on a day-to-day basis.

I doubt Jimenez and Vetere would have signed up to just be Dennis Wise's lackies, they are the ones with the knowledge of Europe and connections for getting young foreigners signed up.

Well, he might be above him in the structure, but I don't think that means he micro-manages what they do on a day-to-day basis.

I doubt Jimenez and Vetere would have signed up to just be Dennis Wise's lackies, they are the ones with the knowledge of Europe and connections for getting young foreigners signed up.

Yet you think Keegan signed up to be Jimenez' lacky? You think he signed up knowing the hierarchy would be Ashley -> Llambias -> Wise -> Jimenez -> Keegan

I'd hardly call the authorisation of spending millions of pounds on players micro-managing btw.

Guest mobiius

Quite a few of them I think.

He was using his position to be able to say yes or no to players so that he could try and force the boards hand near the end of the window to push for someone like Henry, even though they've pointed out to him from day one that this isn't the sort of route the club want to be taking and instead push for quality players under with at least some sort of long term future.

You do realise that adsolute tosh they report in the papers about keegan having a list with 'henry, beckham and lampard' in is all stemming from that interview on radio newcastle which he said he would luv to sign henry as a fantasy player if he could have one superstar. Total newspaper bollocks for thick minded people to read.

Do you really believe the likes of the mirror, scum and news of the world have insiders givving them info. It is a cover for making up a story with no quotes or slight truth in them. Dont beleive the rags!

Do you honestly think that keegan wouldnt have investigated players we were after, do you really think he wasnt told how much we could spend. As for the supposed 12 mill budget we had, well that is obviously made up as the players we have signed came to about 20 mill, and we made a big bid for modric and woodgate!

I hate people like you who read this shite and beleive it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: well said its about time people took a step back and saw the stories and the links for what they are, media orientated shite.

It boils my piss when i sit and read our own more or less taking the media's stand point about our club. It is bad enough getting up on a sunday to listen to a table full of "sports journo's"pontificate on our club and refer to stories they had printed as if they came down from the mountain on a tablet of stone. this thread is nothing more than an attempt to be controversial and i welcome that type of debate. But when you brush away the media stories and you wipe away the shite, the only thing that has changed at SJP since Kev took over is the chairman and as a betting man i would wager that little dennis was not as much to blame as everyone is saying i think a lot of the blame will be exposed as lying at the chairman's door. Thats my opinion and its not clouded by any negative publicity.

In such case I have no doubt whatsoever such a dispute would have been referred immediately to Llambias.

It's all speculation, but very good points are being made by the likes of KaKa, Edd, mrmojo et al - and not being adequately refuted. mrmojorisin75 suggests:

exactly edd - it all either points to something that wasn't cynical by the club but merely a breakdown over time between the parties involved

OR

keegan, as you say, was unhappy and had no say the whole time yet lied to the thousands of fans buying season tickets and let them pay 3 years in advance only to up ship and run at the last minute when it was all too late

if you believe he was lied to from day one then he's equally culpable in this respect, no?

So can Keegan's supporters please come up with something other than "It's all speculative bollocks" or "It's all Wise's fault"? UV asks

Yet you think Keegan signed up to be Jimenez' lacky? You think he signed up knowing the hierarchy would be Ashley -> Llambias -> Wise -> Jimenez -> Keegan

I'd hardly call the authorisation of spending millions of pounds on players micro-managing btw.

Well, yes and no.

He said (with some cheekiness I'm sure) "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind — it is like one of those Lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure — I just came." Secondly, Wise had yet to be appointed, though one must assume negotiations with Wise had already commenced. So no, Keegan was not explicitly told that the hierarchy was Ashley -> Llambias -> Wise -> Jimenez -> Keegan.

However, if you think Ashley and Mort hired Keegan without telling him about the imminent appointment of an executive director (football), that Ashley and Mort duped Keegan into believing he would be an old-school manager with sweeping powers while secretly planning to go in exactly the opposite direction, well... I'll take Kaka's logic over yours thanks.

In such case I have no doubt whatsoever such a dispute would have been referred immediately to Llambias.

It's all speculation, but very good points are being made by the likes of KaKa, Edd, mrmojo et al - and not being adequately refuted. mrmojorisin75 suggests:

exactly edd - it all either points to something that wasn't cynical by the club but merely a breakdown over time between the parties involved

OR

keegan, as you say, was unhappy and had no say the whole time yet lied to the thousands of fans buying season tickets and let them pay 3 years in advance only to up ship and run at the last minute when it was all too late

if you believe he was lied to from day one then he's equally culpable in this respect, no?

So can Keegan's supporters please come up with something other than "It's all speculative bollocks" or "It's all Wise's fault"? UV asks

Well, yes and no.

He said (with some cheekiness I'm sure) "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind it is like one of those Lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure I just came." Secondly, Wise had yet to be appointed, though one must assume negotiations with Wise had already commenced. So no, Keegan was not explicitly told that the hierarchy was Ashley -> Llambias -> Wise -> Jimenez -> Keegan.

However, if you think Ashley and Mort hired Keegan without telling him about the imminent appointment of an executive director (football), that Ashley and Mort duped Keegan into believing he would be an old-school manager with sweeping powers while secretly planning to go in exactly the opposite direction, well... I'll take Kaka's logic over yours thanks.

raconteur, very few people want to hear this, instead they prefer the following word associations:

cockney, lies, wise, southerner, season tickets, 3 years, fabrication, conspiracy

KK, no wrong, innocent, victim, beyond criticism

i'm still astounded that after years of shepherd leasing warehouses to the club, ridiculing the supporters publicly, taking massive dividends despite deteriorating results on the pitch (etc...) was affored so much time and never once was there a talk of a boycott of club products, marches, none of this shit...before anyone starts about balancing the books i'll point you to bobby robsons first 2 seasons for a parrallel on spend and manager...also to the sacking of bobby as well really

is anyone gonna look me in the internet eye and tell me this doesn't just boil down to a nice bit of dirty regionalism against a southern owner and nasty dennis?

anyone?  really?

What people are forgetting is that while everything was kicking off at the board meetings on the 1st, Dennis Wise was in Leeds arranging the £1.5m transfer of three academy prospects.

is anyone gonna look me in the internet eye and tell me this doesn't just boil down to a nice bit of dirty regionalism against a southern owner and nasty dennis?

anyone?  really?

No problem. It's not about regionalism, it's about an owner lying about how he wants to run the club.

OR

Well, yes and no.

He said (with some cheekiness I'm sure) "I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind it is like one of those Lastminute.com holidays! There was no brochure I just came." Secondly, Wise had yet to be appointed, though one must assume negotiations with Wise had already commenced. So no, Keegan was not explicitly told that the hierarchy was Ashley -> Llambias -> Wise -> Jimenez -> Keegan.

raconteur, very few people want to hear this, instead they prefer the following word associations:

cockney, lies, wise, southerner, season tickets, 3 years, fabrication, conspiracy

i'm still astounded that after years of shepherd leasing warehouses to the club, ridiculing the supporters publicly, taking massive dividends despite deteriorating results on the pitch (etc...) was affored so much time and never once was there a talk of a boycott of club products, marches, none of this shit...before anyone starts about balancing the books i'll point you to bobby robsons first 2 seasons for a parrallel on spend and manager...also to the sacking of bobby as well really

anyone?  really?

if you want answers to that you just have to look over the board, probably hundreds of counter arguments. specifically the inaccurate "robson's first two seasons" stuff which has been responded to quite a few times. and i'm not sure what people are getting at by bringing up the Robson sacking as it is some defence of this board. are people saying "well shepherd did it so ashley is allowed to as well"? that's bloody daft if so. i criticised shepherd for his undermining of robson and handling of his departure, i'll do the same for Ashley in this equivalent situation. either you do it for both or neither, otherwise it's being blindly partisan.

shite like "KK, no wrong, innocent, victim, beyond criticism" does everyone on here a disservice.

OR

Well, yes and no.

anyone?  really?

No one's going to admit it are they? :lol:

It is a fact that there are two sides to every story.

It is a fact that no-one apart from KK, the Board and close associates know each particular side of the story.

It is a fact that the press and the fans are making up their own stories without a shred of proof.

I'm angry at the situation, I'm dissapointed with boardroom PR, but right now a lot of the aspects of the blame game are unfair on all parties.

What people are forgetting is that while everything was kicking off at the board meetings on the 1st, Dennis Wise was in Leeds arranging the £1.5m transfer of three academy prospects.

Leeds denied it and i believe all three players are still at leeds. Fabien Delph scored his first goal for them the other day.

Leeds denied it and i believe all three players are still at leeds. Fabien Delph scored his first goal for them the other day.

Transfer windows are pretty irrelevant when it comes to recruiting academy players, and Leeds have denied many things that have come true.

If it was true, then the fact that Wise was negotiating when he didn't need to be would suggest that his role isn't as senior as people are making out.

Transfer windows are pretty irrelevant when it comes to recruiting academy players, and Leeds have denied many things that have come true.

If it was true, then the fact that Wise was negotiating when he didn't need to be would suggest that his role isn't as senior as people are making out.

whatever you say, but Delph and Elliot are now in the first-team, not the academy, so i think i'll stick with my story. did you personally see Wise in leeds or not? knowing you, you probably thought the 3 has already signed for us.

OR

Well, yes and no.

anyone?  really?

if you want answers to that you just have to look over the board, probably hundreds of counter arguments. specifically the inaccurate "robson's first two seasons" stuff which has been responded to quite a few times. and i'm not sure what people are getting at by bringing up the Robson sacking as it is some defence of this board. are people saying "well shepherd did it so ashley is allowed to as well"? that's bloody daft if so. i criticised shepherd for his undermining of robson and handling of his departure, i'll do the same for Ashley in this equivalent situation. either you do it for both or neither, otherwise it's being blindly partisan.

shite like "KK, no wrong, innocent, victim, beyond criticism" does everyone on here a disservice.

fuckof  johhny that's pish to be honest

i don't offer the robson book balancing as an excuse for ashley but it's the only reasonable thing i can see for people kicking off so much, the lack of spending...if it's not about the club not spending money on players then people should stop spouting the 3 years ST shit no?  otherwise what're they fucken complaining about on that score?

this lies shit is unreal - KK fucken lied to you all summer saying everything was OK didn't he?  that he had a wondeful relationship with everyone at the club, there was money to spend etc...

or were his lies OK 'cause he loved the club but ashleys/nasty dennis's are not OK for what reason exactly?