Did Keegan turn them all down?

KaKa

"We're a small squad but if we can add little bits to this' date=' it could be quite exciting. What you've got can sometimes get lost when you are having a bad run but when they start playing like that, you think 'We don't actually need an awful lot to set us alight' - just two or three [new signings']. If you asked the players 'Would you welcome two or three big signings in the summer?' they would say yes, because players want to play with good players. But they would have to be very, very good players to come here and better us. If you've got fitness, ability, experience and you put desire with that, then you can go anywhere in football."

hes not gonna say most of my players are shit and I need at least 8 is he, esp when you want the players you have got to carry on till the new players come in

A lot of players would try playing for their place in team if they heard we were bringing new players in.

Wait ... so how come none of the anti Ashley and anti board stuff isn't "rank" specualtion?

That's easy: The club's latest statements contradict their statements before the closing of the transfer window. Now we know that they lied.

And we've all seen the interview with Keegan where he said the final decision to sell Milner was his.  More lies?

i honestly dont think the major falling out was over milner. i think it was more likely over the barton/ owen/ xisco/ gonzalez end day antics of the board

We might never know for sure, but if people are accusing the board of telling lies about transfer policy then they also need to look at Keegan's part in keeping the pretense going.

If the populist view is to be believed then Keegan had little or no say in transfers for 8 months, but chose to go along with it.  We all know what Keegan is like and there is no way IMO that he would have stayed or stayed quiet for that length of time if he wasn't ok with the situation, and he certainly wouldn't have lied to the fans to cover for Ashley and co. if it was as bad as is being made out and he was genuinely unhappy.

Errr, or how about the view Keegan came in at the end of a transfer window, was promised funds and control of transfers in the summer - the summer came and over the next couple of months it became clear to Keegan that actually he actually wasn't in control culminating in the sale of Milner, the attempted sale of Owen and the bringing in of two players that he didn't sanction which was the final straw for him?

Truth or fiction?  Who knows, nobody actually knows but some on here seem to have made up facts out of nothing.

Read my post and it's clearly an opinion and not being passed off as fact (hence "IMO").  And based on how little we are 100% certain of in this whole situation then that's all most peoples posts are ATM.

One thing we do know though, because we all saw the interview, was that Keegan said the final decision on Milners sale was his choice.  So when you say "he actually wasn't in control culminating in the sale of Milner" are you essentially calling him a liar?

if you say I need 3 players you could think 'it could be me' and up your game (if poss) if you say 8 then you could think 'theres a very good chance Im not in his plans, why bother'

If we had 8 players like that, then I'd be happy to let them go tbh

Wait ... so how come none of the anti Ashley and anti board stuff isn't "rank" specualtion?

That's easy: The club's latest statements contradict their statements before the closing of the transfer window. Now we know that they lied.

And we've all seen the interview with Keegan where he said the final decision to sell Milner was his.  More lies?

i honestly dont think the major falling out was over milner. i think it was more likely over the barton/ owen/ xisco/ gonzalez end day antics of the board

We might never know for sure, but if people are accusing the board of telling lies about transfer policy then they also need to look at Keegan's part in keeping the pretense going.

If the populist view is to be believed then Keegan had little or no say in transfers for 8 months, but chose to go along with it.  We all know what Keegan is like and there is no way IMO that he would have stayed or stayed quiet for that length of time if he wasn't ok with the situation, and he certainly wouldn't have lied to the fans to cover for Ashley and co. if it was as bad as is being made out and he was genuinely unhappy.

Errr, or how about the view Keegan came in at the end of a transfer window, was promised funds and control of transfers in the summer - the summer came and over the next couple of months it became clear to Keegan that actually he actually wasn't in control culminating in the sale of Milner, the attempted sale of Owen and the bringing in of two players that he didn't sanction which was the final straw for him?

Truth or fiction?  Who knows, nobody actually knows but some on here seem to have made up facts out of nothing.

Read my post and it's clearly an opinion and not being passed off as fact (hence "IMO").  And based on how little we are 100% certain of in this whole situation then that's all most peoples posts are ATM.

One thing we do know though, because we all saw the interview, was that Keegan said the final decision on Milners sale was his choice.  So when you say "he actually wasn't in control culminating in the sale of Milner" are you essentially calling him a liar?

I think he lied to keep a lid on the unrest that was going on.  So yes.

Guest nyscooby

Ashley will do whatever it takes to keep the wholesale price of NUFC above what he paid for it, at any cost, or any person.

Dont be holding out for a high profile manager, he will apoint a "yes man" who will cash his paycheque till he is dispatched elsewhere, pre-agreed.

Ashley will do whatever it takes to keep the wholesale price of NUFC above what he paid for it, at any cost, or any person.

Dont be holding out for a high profile manager, he will apoint a "yes man" who will cash his paycheque till he is dispatched elsewhere, pre-agreed.

Despite all that has happened it's great to see there is still a wonderful lack of cynicism amongst our fanbase.   :lol:

Let me get this straight, this is the logic some on here are using:

We were linked with all those players + we didn't sign any of them + Keegan and Wise were squabbling over transfers = we didn't sign any of those players because Keegan vetoed the transfers?

Ok now add these two into the equation and still make it work:

We signed at least two players that Keegan didn't want + none of the players  (apart from one I think) on that list moved anywhere else so were still available for transfer..

Without fatcs you are dealing in speculation, thus all your talking about is utter bollox

How wonderfully ironic.

Someone from the North West said to me today "Aye. Keegan likes to splash the cash a bit doesnt he".

So if we are to believe that KK refused all the unknown younger talent in a bid or a hope to get Ashley to splash the cash on a more established player(s) (and not the ridiculous Lampard type players that that shite story suggested), then the blame for me lies with :

1) Keegan for being too stubborn and set in his ways and looking to sign "stars"

but more importantly

2) Ashley for a) not doing his background work on Kevin enough to think that this is the type of Manager he might be and b) for not making this abundantly clear at the initial interview and if necessary, putting it in his contract.

I am fucking fed up with this club making the wrong choice of manager and if KK is fault for his ideas for the team and transfers, then Ashley still gets the brunt of my anger for not choosing his man correctly.

Unless there was an alterier motive for bringing in the "Messiah" (hello Mr Cynic)

Let me get this straight, this is the logic some on here are using:

We were linked with all those players + we didn't sign any of them + Keegan and Wise were squabbling over transfers = we didn't sign any of those players because Keegan vetoed the transfers?

Ok now add these two into the equation and still make it work:

We signed at least two players that Keegan didn't want + none of the players  (apart from one I think) on that list moved anywhere else so were still available for transfer..

Perfectly put Teasy, really this should have been the end of this thread, it's ridiculous in the extreme.

If it is the case that Ashley didn't want Keegan choosing players then it says everything about his knowledge of the game really. Keegan has generally been very good in the transfer market throughout his entire career as a manager, buying flair players that excite the fans. He also has the ability to persuade players to sign on the dotted line.

Of course everyone knows this except the cunt that hired him.

Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Sahin, Gomez, Pandev, Garay, Veloso, Digard, Chamakh, Skjelbred and many more.

Well done for putting a list of players we were linked with as a debate about KK. Apart from Gomis were we really after the rest? Even on that one I am guessing we got out of there when they started asking stupid numbers for the player. As the club has done most if not all of it summer deals under wraps since getting obliterated by Spurs twice, I find it a bit ZaNeY to say KK knocked them all back & many more. Also the club released a FACT saying KK did not do transfers.

I love how in all these Jackanory stories of what's gone on behind the scenes, Keegan is portrayed as a stubborn old man who's been out of the game for decades and has only ever heard of Beckham, Zidane and Pele, completely resistant to anyone's opinion other than his own. While Wise is a young Arsene Wenger with an encyclopedic  knowledge of the brightest young players throughout Europe, no doubt built up while looking for players for Millwall, Swindon and Leeds. ;D

If only that silly old man had listened to our brave young hero we'd be winning the league in no time :angry:

I love how in all these Jackanory stories of what's gone on behind the scenes, Keegan is portrayed as a stubborn old man who's been out of the game for decades and has only ever heard of Beckham, Zidane and Pele, completely resistant to anyone's opinion other than his own. While Wise is a young Arsene Wenger with an encyclopedic  knowledge of the brightest young players throughout Europe, no doubt built up while looking for players for Millwall, Swindon and Leeds. ;D

If only that silly old man had listened to our brave young hero we'd be winning the league in no time :angry:

I don't mind a DOF who is responsible for transfers, guys like Bayerns general manager Uli Hoeness, Monchi at Seville & it is shame that Frank Arnsen is a chief youth scout rather than a DOF atm. Wise & that clown at Spurs fail to deliver players for positions a manger needs.  Wise is a bit of myth as TJ does the money side & Jeff spots the players, I guess he makes the tea at boardroom level.

Tbf to Dennis he did sign Huntingdon off us.

If it is the case that Ashley didn't want Keegan choosing players then it says everything about his knowledge of the game really. Keegan has generally been very good in the transfer market throughout his entire career as a manager, buying flair players that excite the fans. He also has the ability to persuade players to sign on the dotted line.

Of course everyone knows this except the cunt that hired him.

Aye, his £50 million spent at Man City brought in some amazing players.

Taking away the Milner money, we spent about £12m so if that was the budget then none of these players could have been signed anyway.

Unless theres some inconsistencies in the club's statements of course.....

Taking away the Milner money, we spent about £12m so if that was the budget then none of these players could have been signed anyway.

Unless theres some inconsistencies in the club's statements of course.....

You’re clutching at straws with that one, you’ll never find any inconsistencies in the clubs statements, fact.

Guest optimistic nit

How much did we actually spend in the last transfer window? nothing! infact we made a profit. 15 teams in the PL spent a lot more than us, so yes I would say that was stingy.

Now can you actually prove any of that drivel you spouted in the opening post.

No you can't can you.

Ridiculous.

Can you name those 15 teams?

Only Boro, Blackburn, West Ham, Spurs and Chelsea spent less than us. 4 of them spent more than us last year.

We must be the stingiest club in the world in comparison with our debt, crowds and revenue. But we've got the richest youth team so eh.

surely the teams in that list only go to prove that net spending doesn't equal ambition, Chelsea for instance, and they are being tipped for the title this year, after being beaten in the league and cl by manure and spending less than them this season. I think Boro have improved more than sunderland have on last season.

Well haven't you answered your question? Chelsea don't need to spend when they can challenge for the two hardest competitions in the world with their current squad, but they still wanted to spend 28m on Robinho. We need massive improvement and have massive amounts of money but haven;t spent anything. That's lacking ambition.

And there's no way Boro's three unproven kids are better than Malbranque, Cisse and Diouf. Never mind the rest.