Didier Deschamps

LooneyToonArmy

I bet it was a slap in the face for Deschamps last time when he was talking the job up in the papers only for us to drag Keegan out of the cupboard.

If I was him I'd tell the club to fuck off.

Anyone know what happened at that time. Did we not follow it up? I know I had a feelinghe would have been a good choice and was disappointed when he didnt get the job.

I have no idea why I had a good feeling about him. I have no knowledge of him or his managerial abilities

I bet it was a slap in the face for Deschamps last time when he was talking the job up in the papers only for us to drag Keegan out of the cupboard.

If I was him I'd tell the club to fuck off.

Anyone know what happened at that time. Did we not follow it up? I know I had a feelinghe would have been a good choice and was disappointed when he didnt get the job.

I have no idea why I had a good feeling about him. I have no knowledge of him or his managerial abilities

That's what I was like, right down to the not knowing much about him as a manager.

I think Poyet would be a smart choice.

Because he is foreign and a friend of Dennis Shite?

Guessing it's more likely that Big TRon thinks he is a promising coach already in posession of a good knowledge of the English game at all levels, who would fit into the current structure of the club well without any further upheaval.

That said, I can't really speak for him. You might be right.

I think Poyet would be a smart choice.

Because he is foreign and a friend of Dennis Shite?

Guessing it's more likely that Big TRon thinks he is a promising coach already in posession of a good knowledge of the English game at all levels, who would fit into the current structure of the club well without any further upheaval.

That said, I can't really speak for him. You might be right.

Yes. I don't know much about Deschamps other than he bought Boumsong. Seems like a nice bloke.

We need France to win convincingly on Wednesday night. Deschamps is being strongly linked to the national coach job in the French media, if they lose on Wednesday night, it probably will be the end of Domenech and Deschamps will not even think about coming here.

• 4 years later...

Didier Deschamps Quizzed On The Newcastle Project

16 mins ago by Mark Jensen

The impact of Newcastle’s transfer action has obviously created a stir over in France, as we have previously reported.

Just to confirm how high on the agenda Newcastle are in terms of interest, at today’s press conference to announce his squad to take on Germany, Didier Deschamps had to field questions regarding Newcastle United.

Deschamps was asked the question;

‘What do you think of the 21st League 1 club at Newcastle, ‘Chateau Neuf’, with 11 French players there?’

“I am not the coach of Newcastle, it can lead to lots of interpretations but why not? What concerns me the most is that the ones wearing the international shirt have lots of playing time on the pitch”.

This was followed by;

‘Are you concerned that some of the top players are leaving Ligue 1?

“It is their choice, it is not good to see League 1 lose top players but apart from PSG all French clubs need to sell and English clubs have the money.

I am not worried, they are free to choose the county they wish to play in. As long as they have the time on the pitch and are performing. Yes they are taking a risk because of the change of culture and the language but they need to have time on the pitch”.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/didier-descamps-quizzed-on-the-newcastle-project/?

Didier Deschamps Quizzed On The Newcastle Project

16 mins ago by Mark Jensen

The impact of Newcastle’s transfer action has obviously created a stir over in France, as we have previously reported.

Just to confirm how high on the agenda Newcastle are in terms of interest, at today’s press conference to announce his squad to take on Germany, Didier Deschamps had to field questions regarding Newcastle United.

Deschamps was asked the question;

‘What do you think of the 21st League 1 club at Newcastle, ‘Chateau Neuf’, with 11 French players there?’

“I am not the coach of Newcastle, it can lead to lots of interpretations but why not? What concerns me the most is that the ones wearing the international shirt have lots of playing time on the pitch”.

This was followed by;

‘Are you concerned that some of the top players are leaving Ligue 1?

“It is their choice, it is not good to see League 1 lose top players but apart from PSG all French clubs need to sell and English clubs have the money.

I am not worried, they are free to choose the county they wish to play in. As long as they have the time on the pitch and are performing. Yes they are taking a risk because of the change of culture and the language but they need to have time on the pitch”.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/didier-descamps-quizzed-on-the-newcastle-project/?

Fair enough.

Deschamps is a c*nt but he only wants whats best for the national team and quite frankly Mbiwa, Debuchy, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Sissoko playing week in week out will only help the French national team.

To react in any other manner would at very least be unreasonable.