Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

I'm still yet to see Jonas cross the ball or take a decent shot. He's good at running with the ball but as of yet he hasn't done much damage in the final third of the pitch. He is yet to deserve the hype some people are giving him. It's early days yet but he hasn't done anything to compare to the likes of Robert or Ginola.

I'm still yet to see Jonas cross the ball or take a decent shot. He's good at running with the ball but as of yet he hasn't done much damage in the final third of the pitch.

He put in a quality cross yesterday, right infront of Barton an Martins. Brilliant player.

Shame we aint got a Shearer up front for him to aim at.

I'm still yet to see Jonas cross the ball or take a decent shot. He's good at running with the ball but as of yet he hasn't done much damage in the final third of the pitch. He is yet to deserve the hype some people are giving him. It's early days yet but he hasn't done anything to compare to the likes of Robert or Ginola.

That seems to be his problem isn't, he runs all game causing trouble, he's super fit and has got some lovley skills, but i don't think he assisted any goal yet.

Still, i would have him in starting 11 every game.

He plays a lot like Giggs did back in the day, he glides past people without using tricks just his amazing balance.  You can see why he's scored so few mind he just doesn't look to shoot.

His running and close control opened up a lot of good situations though. Quite often he was putting runners in the clear who then didn't deliver a final ball.

He's a strange type of winger imo.  He seems to drift in alot and look to play through passes.  He does get down the wings but not as much I think thats why we haven't really seen him put in many crosses.  He's one of those wingers fullbacks hate to play against, he's almost impossible to tackle without fouling him as his balance is immense and he's got good pace and drags the full backs into the centre of the park.  I would like to see him beat his man and get to the byline more though.

Exactly its the fact he drives forward, not enough players in the league do that.

Certainly. Anyone who can do that and take on and indeed get past an opposition player is worth having in the team. A better end product I think will come through practice and a consistent run of games in the side. Imo he might not be as good as people are making out but he certainly has talent, and I for one would want him in my team.

Agreed - I've said this on at least 2 occasions before ; he looks good, but there is little end product.

He is going to have to attack defenders in the box and score at least 5 goals this season before I will say he is a successful Prem winger ; if you were MON and NUFC offered him in a swap for Young, would you accept..??

Agreed - I've said this on at least 2 occasions before ; he looks good, but there is little end product.

He is going to have to attack defenders in the box and score at least 5 goals this season before I will say he is a successful Prem winger ; if you were MON and NUFC offered him in a swap for Young, would you accept..??

if it was based on ashley youngs 1st 3-4 hours of football for villa maybe?  far to soon to judge either way, to me Jonas looks a good player and works very hard for the team.

If Shola and Duff were better finishers then Jonas would have had a couple of assists yesterday, he split their defecne a few times will some lovley passes. Hit a couple of decent crosses to. First game back after injury + he only played a couple of times for  us beofre injury and he is getting shit already.

:lol: this board man so fkn negitive.

If Shola and Duff were better finishers then Jonas would have had a couple of assists yesterday, he split their defecne a few times will some lovley passes. Hit a couple of decent crosses to. First game back after injury + he only played a couple of times for  us beofre injury and he is getting shit already.

:lol: this board man so fkn negitive.

Not at all. I did say it was too early to judge him and that he has only played in 4 games for us. "Jonas is fricking awesome" is massive hype based on what we have seen so far.