Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

We have really missed Milner no doubt in my mind about it. We could have really done wit a player like him over the last few games. Never understood his critics at all.

With Milner Won 2 Drawn 1 without milner lost the fucking lot. 

Wise you are a prick for not giving him the 10K a week extra, because if any of our players actually deserved to be on 25-30k a week it was him (and shay given).

I would say a few things have happened since Milner left that may also have contributed to us losing those games....

Milner FFS :lol:  Common, would I have liked to have him in the team for the last few games?, yes because our injuries have been terrible and he could have filled in.  Is he one of the players we've missed most in the last several games?, no, not even close.

We have really missed Milner no doubt in my mind about it. We could have really done wit a player like him over the last few games. Never understood his critics at all.

With Milner Won 2 Drawn 1 without milner lost the f***ing lot. 

Wise you are a prick for not giving him the 10K a week extra, because if any of our players actually deserved to be on 25-30k a week it was him (and shay given).

Im sorry but for 12 million man you would be crazy to turn it down!The problem was we didnt get a replacement in for him making our squad smaller.

With Milner Won 2 Drawn 1 without milner lost the f***ing lot. 

Your analytical skills suck ass.

Why don't you apply that silly thought process you used to last season's results?

Why did Keegan prefer to play Geremi instead of him?

Get real pal.

Nothing to do with us not having a manager then? :lol:

I would say a few things have happened since Milner left that may also have contributed to us losing those games....

Nah, with Milner we would have won them all and comfortably.

Got a feeling if we'd had Jonas, Martins, Guthrie and Barton available nobody would have typed James Milner's name in weeks.

That's incorrect. If they'd all been available we'd have been talking about what good business £12m was.

The problem is, we didn't bring in enough players to pad out our squad, so we are missing him, no doubt.

Got a feeling if we'd had Jonas, Martins, Guthrie and Barton available nobody would have typed James Milner's name in weeks.

That's incorrect. If they'd all been available we'd have been talking about what good business £12m was.

The problem is, we didn't bring in enough players to pad out our squad, so we are missing him, no doubt.

In order for us to "miss him", he must be a better player then what we currently have. On the fact that Geremi had more assists than he did last season, and has at least a semblance of understanding with Owen (in delivering free kicks and crossses), no we don't miss him at all.

In order for us to "miss him", he must be a better player then what we currently have. On the fact that Geremi had more assists than he did last season, and has at least a semblance of understanding with Owen (in delivering free kicks and crossses), no we don't miss him at all.

I'd rather we had Geremi in the middle than on the right at the moment. Cacapa in the middle? I'd say we've missed Milner.

• 2 weeks later...

What toptoon has said is only as stupid as those suggesting we improved last season because Milner wasn't in the team.

Toptoon is going off a run of 3-4 games.

The run we had without Milner last season where we picked up considerably was over about 8-9 games.

Nowhere near the same comparison.

I'm happy and here to stay - Gutiérrez

JONÁS Gutiérrez has reaffirmed his long-term commitment to Newcastle United as he aims to recapture the momentum that made him an instant Premier League hit.

Having recovered from a broken shoulder bone suffered on international duty, the Argentina winger has handed Joe Kinnear a huge boost by declaring himself fit and available for Monday’s visit of Manchester City to St James’s Park.

Gutiérrez’s attacking invention was a key factor in United’s promising start to the season, and he has been a frustrated observer as the club’s campaign has imploded since the controversial departure of Kevin Keegan.

But despite the turmoil that has embroiled the club since Gutierrez was ruled out with injury, the winger insists he has no regrets about swapping Spain for St James’s Park.

And while he admits to “shock” at the departure of the manager who helped him to settle quickly in English football, Gutiérrez has been impressed by the way Joe Kinnear has steadied the ship since being appointed interim manager a month ago.

“I do not regret moving here to Newcastle at all,” he said. “It was a surprise what happened with Kevin Keegan and I was sad to see him go. The results were going well so it was surprise that the manager left but we are players and we must play well for Joe now.

“I like Joe, he is a good manager and I think he will help us to get out of the bottom three. We should not be there because we are a better team than

that. We shouldn’t think about the past, we have to think about the future and getting up the Premier League table.

“I have only thought about football since I have been here. I don’t really understand what has happened at the club and it is difficult to talk about it. I prefer to only think about the football and nothing more, because I do not know about the reasons for the changes.

“I am enjoying it very much. I love the city, I love the place and it is ideal for me. I know that I have come to a big team and I want to be here for a long time.”

Gutiérrez admits to having to read up on his new boss after Kinnear was appointed, but initial impressions of the former Wimbledon manager have been wholly positive.

Indeed, the former Real Mallorca midfielder has hinted that handing the interim boss a contract until the end of the season would be a popular move in the United dressing room.

“I think he is a great boss. We have to listen to him, to do what he wants and to be with him as long as he is here,” he said.

“We don’t know what will happen but for us it would be very good if we had a manager until the end of the season. It’s good for the team to have a manager that will finish the season but we don’t know what will happen. What I have to do is play football and play as well as I can for the manager that we have now.”

After the frustration of suffering an injury after just a handful of games for United, Gutiérrez is delighted to be making his return in front of his own supporter at St James’s Park.

“I have been made to feel very welcome by the supporters,” he said. “They are very important for us – we need them to be with us.

“I have said that since I’ve been here the fans are fantastic – we go to Manchester, they are there and wherever we go they are there. It has been frustrating and it is even worse when you have just started with a football club. But it happened and I am thinking only about the future now. I just want to play again and hopefully I won’t have another problem like this.”

After the frustration of suffering an injury after just a handful of games for United, Gutiérrez is delighted to be making his return in front of his own supporter at St James’s Park.

Harsh. He's more popular than that.

According to ESPN, in 3 seasons with 89 starts + 8 sub appearances, Gutiérrez had 5 goals and 8 assists with Mallorca, that's less than 2 goals and 3 assists per season.

I guess we haven't been missing him either and should stick with Geremi?

We should also be looking to sell him on in January if we can make a decent profit.

Gutierrez hoping to face Brazil ace Robinho

Oct 15 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

ARGENTINE star Jonas Gutierrez says he is relishing a potential encounter with his fellow South American Robinho if he is fit to face Manchester City next week.

The flying winger is hoping to make his return from a troublesome shoulder picked up on international duty with his country in the game with Belarus, and is expected to wear a support cast during his comeback.

Gutierrez, of course, knows all about the threat of Robinho after playing against the star during clashes between Brazil and Argentina in one of the most hostile encounters in world football.

But he has warned that United must not put too much emphasis on the samba factor.

He said today: “Robinho is just one player and one player does not make a team.

“He is a world-class performer. But we have to focus on our big-name players.

“We can’t stand in awe of one player.”

Gutierrez made a sparkling start to his Newcastle career with a great performance at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season against Manchester United.

Now, though, after not appearing in a black-and-white shirt since Kevin Keegan’s last game at Arsenal, the former Real Mallorca star is keen to get back as soon as possible.

He added: “I hope I will be fit for Manchester City.

“If not, I definitely expect to be back for Sunderland.

“I loved working with Kevin Keegan, but working with Joe Kinnear is also good.

“He is different, but in a good way.

“Now I just want to get back playing again after my injury.”

Gutierrez is back in training after his long lay off and has been joined in recent days by Habib Beye, Oba Martins, Andy Carroll and Hungarian youngster Tamas Kadar who have all bolstered the United squad.

According to ESPN, in 3 seasons with 89 starts + 8 sub appearances, Gutiérrez had 5 goals and 8 assists with Mallorca, that's less than 2 goals and 3 assists per season.

We should also be looking to sell him on in January if we can make a decent profit.

I'd call £8 million a decent profit on Milner, £12 million is a lot more than decent.

That depends if you can get your head around what pace and movement brings to a team, something that Milner had neither of.