Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

From SkySports, Tuesday:

Homero De Agostino, the doctor of the national team, confirmed that he checked Jonas Gutierrez, who has a little fracture in the right clavicle," a report on the Argentina Football Association's website said.

"With the allowance of his club Newcastle, Jonas will stay in Buenos Aires to be treated by the national team's medical staff.

"He should rest for 20 days and will have the rehabilitation treatment under doctor De Agostino."

--

Would that be normal, letting a player get treatment from their international team doctor? I wouldn't have thought so.

From SkySports, Tuesday:

Homero De Agostino, the doctor of the national team, confirmed that he checked Jonas Gutierrez, who has a little fracture in the right clavicle," a report on the Argentina Football Association's website said.

"With the allowance of his club Newcastle, Jonas will stay in Buenos Aires to be treated by the national team's medical staff.

"He should rest for 20 days and will have the rehabilitation treatment under doctor De Agostino."

--

Would that be normal, letting a player get treatment from their international team doctor? I wouldn't have thought so.

on the other hand he may be better off well away from here for the being.

What a daft thing to say.

What we need is a decent player for cover, not a player with no pace, no crossing ability and no brain.

If Kevin and the board weren't squabbling over their Shweinstigers and Skjelbreds then I'm sure this injury wouldn't be as much of a problem.

That is the point. Milner was awful for us and indirectly cost us a lot of points by failing to capitalise when he was in decent positions.

Seriously shut up about James Milner. He was rubbish.

Milner was in no way AWFUL for us! He wasn't great but more than an adequate squad player.

Well he was an adequate squad player I would much rather do without.

The issue was our failure to get in a replacement. There is no point whining about still having him here, as he would in no way be a half decent fill in for Jonas.

Milner was in no way AWFUL for us! He wasn't great but more than an adequate squad player.

In the time he was with us he outperformed a lot of arguably technically better players we've had.

He couldn't outperform Geremi, and that was enough of a reason for him to be moved on.

Who are these more technical players he has outperformed anyway?

In the time he was with us he outperformed a lot of arguably technically better players we've had.

He couldn't outperform Geremi, and that was enough of a reason for him to be moved on.

Who are these more technical players he has outperformed anyway?

Smith?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

We don't miss Milner, we miss Milner's replacement.

A player good as Milner will never play for this Fucking club.

We don't miss Milner, we miss Milner's replacement.

A player good as Milner will never play for this f***ing club.

Geremi, Jonas and N'Zogbia all play for this club and are all infinitely better than Milner.

Duh ...

Emre, Dyer, Duff, Geremi, Smith, Luque, Viana, Butt, Carr, Kluivert have all been at the club during Milners time with us who are all arguably technically better players (or were based on their reputations at their previous clubs), and I would say over a long period of time Milner has been more consistent.

I'm not saying he's a brilliant player, just that he would be a more than adequate squad player for us, especially now.

Emre, Dyer, Duff, Geremi, Smith, Luque, Viana, Butt, Carr, Kluivert have all been at the club during Milners time with us who are all arguably technically better players (or were based on their reputations at their previous clubs), and I would say over a long period of time Milner has been more consistent.

I'm not saying he's a brilliant player, just that he would be a more than adequate squad player for us, especially now.

He really wouldn't.

Milner is the kind of squad player you want when your team is fully healthy and full of good players.

Then you could bring him in when you choose to and he would be surrounded by so many other good players that his crapness wouldn't adversely affect the team to a great degree.

Now would be the absolute worst time to have James Milner, as we would be foeced to play him week in and week out.

Forced to watch him continuously hit the first man with his corners and still have the arrogance/audacity to continue to take them, forced to watch him do his silly stepovers at the most inopportune times, forced to watch him fail to beat his man on the wing, forced to watch him try to beat his man, and fail, on the rare occassions he doesn't actually have to as he could have delivered the ball first time, forced to watch him miraculously have every shot he takes blocked, forced to watch him fail to pick out the simple pass when his teammates are in space and instead blast it from 30 yards etc etc etc ...