Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Poyet manager with KK number 2 as a buffer between manager and fans is a rumour I'm hearing now.

How about trying Ince as Manager, Poyet as No. 2, KK as Academy director and Terry Mc as DOF, next HTT, see if that one gets a bite ?

Seriously though, this can only be about settling out of court.

Why?

It is not unusual in a "normal" business for the principals in a dispute to meet and set out the ground rules.

MA: Kev, for the good of the club why don't we handle this in a low-key manner.

KK: I want my compensation and I don't want you spouting s**** to the press.

MA: Ya, that was unfortunate, shouldn't have happened. Can we do this without muck raking?

KK: Probably for the best. I will tell my people to handle it quietly but if your team pull any more stunts I am going to be in every paper and on the telly in a heartbeat.

MA: Done

KK: Done

Nope.  There will be a "keep schtum" clause in Keegan's contract, like with every modern manager who gets sacked/walks out (read: Mourihno, the most outspoken, yet strangely quiet post-Chelsea, manager of his generation).

Any mediation regarding compensation would be done in the presence of counsel, with a "break out room" for discussions between each party and their respective solicitors if the discussion breaks down.

Who says the solicitors were not present?

Exactly.

Guest guinness_fiend

Seriously though, this can only be about settling out of court.

Why?

It is not unusual in a "normal" business for the principals in a dispute to meet and set out the ground rules.

MA: Kev, for the good of the club why don't we handle this in a low-key manner.

KK: I want my compensation and I don't want you spouting s**** to the press.

MA: Ya, that was unfortunate, shouldn't have happened. Can we do this without muck raking?

KK: Probably for the best. I will tell my people to handle it quietly but if your team pull any more stunts I am going to be in every paper and on the telly in a heartbeat.

MA: Done

KK: Done

Nope.  There will be a "keep schtum" clause in Keegan's contract, like with every modern manager who gets sacked/walks out (read: Mourihno, the most outspoken, yet strangely quiet post-Chelsea, manager of his generation).

Any mediation regarding compensation would be done in the presence of counsel, with a "break out room" for discussions between each party and their respective solicitors if the discussion breaks down.

Who says the solicitors were not present?

Exactly.

Sensible response.  No-one knows I guess, but I am keeping my hopes up.

(as long as Terry Mac stays away...)

Guest shaun11177

So Kevin who would you like as your No2 and Reserve team manager-oh the 2 blokes we just got rid off.

You couldnt make it up. What a farce-if this is about a reconciliation, why didnt such a meeting take place on 1st September.

OK, I go away from this board for an hour and I come back to a ten page thread about Keegan meeting Ashley.  I'm beginning to think this entire episode is some kind of bizarre dream sequence and I'm going to wake up in the morning to find Kevin Keegan coming out of the shower having never resigned.

Keegan Gamble Closes Newcastle Book

KEEGAN GAMBLE CLOSES NEWCASTLE BOSS BOOK

AFTER seeing a string of bets placed by customers in Glasgow, Newcastle and London, William Hill cut Kevin Keegan from 8/1 to 9/2 second favourite to become the next permanently appointed Newcastle manager, before closing their book when stories emerged that he was meeting with Mike Ashley.

'The bets placed during the day had raised an eyebrow or two, although none of them was for more that £50, but their location was interesting' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe. 'However, following news of the Ashley meeting and not knowing whether this means an interest in coming back or just that they are discussing a settlement, we decided to close the book.'

Hills make Poyet 4/6 favourite for the job, with Houllier at 5/1 and Deschamps 6/1.

Further information....graham sharpe...0780 3233702

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=10787

:lol:

Guest guinness_fiend

He's back. On very, very good authority.

This f***ing club, man!

If you were told by a faun, it lied.  Their kind are not to be trusted.

Don't forget as well that Ashley is well known for preferring very informal meetings and the like (turning up to AGMs in jeans and t-shirt and that) - he may have preferred to keep the solicitors out of the way.