Newcastle United 1 - 2 Hull City - 13/09/08 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Haha.

People actually congratulating Guthrie.

Now, I dislike Fagan myself, but that was just completely irresponsible.

Oh, and Andre Marriner is the worst referee in the premiership.

It's sad that that was the most passion I saw on show all day from any of our players.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

I hope today's result made you feel really good about yourself.

I hope it gave you that ego boost you were after.

Fucking embarrassment.

Guest sittingontheball

Shit performance. Bent ref makes it even worse. Guthrie banned doesn't help either.

Here's hoping we'll be seeing Jonas, Beye, and Oba back soon.

Now for the inevitable back lash.

Didn't have a good commentary of the game, Merson is a f***ing mug, kept changing his view of the game all the way through. It sounds like we had a decent first half and missed a host of chances to take the lead. Once the penalty went in I got the impression our heads went down and we didn't really rally until Xisco hit the back of the net.

Absolutely shocking professionalism summed up beautifully by Guthrie losing his head late on, mind you the fans didn't help.

Guest saintscoobz

nice one guthrie, should have kicked him harder

we are well shit.  Ashley should never show his fat face in St. James again after that disaster

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

Fucking embarrassment.

:lol:

Shola was canny mind.

From the sounds of things we did create a fair few chances, and N'Zogbia aside we actually defended ok.

Just one of those days, but we need to hope that the new manager is a top man manager.

Well done for getting every single point in that post spectacularly wrong.

From the sounds of things we did create a fair few chances, and N'Zogbia aside we actually defended ok.

Just one of those days, but we need to hope that the new manager is a top man manager.

The first line was pretty much how Mick Lowes summarised the game.

Guest optimistic nit

well from the sight of things we were shit, we didn't know how to defend, we didn't know how to attack.

Guest optimistic nit

aye, well i actually watched the game, and its wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

aye, well i actually watched the game, and its wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Same.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

We have had worse defeats but this feels so bad after the shit that has gone on the past couple of weeks. I can't see how anyone can think Guthrie did a good thing today? The prat got sent off, he misses three games, he COULD have got others in trouble. Bassong could have got booked for shoving fagan afterwards and there were handbags all around.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Fucking embarrassment.

Oh fuck off man. How big a baby are you?

So Keegan left. How much responsibility falls on the the people he left behind for not digging in, despite his departure. Or are they all crying feeling sorry for themselves as well.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

To be fair, for all we know, it might have said that.

That was simply fucking embarrassing. We have lost 3 pts which should have been one of the bankers, and looking at us at the moment we can't afford to miss out on these type of games.

At least Xisco improved in the 2nd half, he was awful in the first but credit to the lad showed some fight in the 2nd.

Guest optimistic nit

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

he's put his ego in front of the club, rightly or wrongly. for what its worth ian dowie is doing the same thing, as is zola. maybe they shouldn't put up with it, but i can tell you right now, if they do it will benefit the club more than if they dont.