Newcastle United 1 - 2 Hull City - 13/09/08 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Even after that 90 minutes of farce, what do we know now that we didn't before the start of the game?

- Xisco's a bright young talent.

- Butt is shite.

- Ameobi is shite.

- Owen's good playing in the hole behind the front two.

- N'Zogbia can't defend.

Nothing new as far as I can see. Just 3 points wasted.

Ashley's gotta get someone in quick so we can move on from this sordid affair.

Really wasn't expecting anything else today; it was just the inevitable icing on one of the finest anti-newcastle cakes ever baked. All the keegan stuff was just preamble to the punch.

On the positive, I thought Xisco showed promise - finishing wasn't always great, but at least he got into the positions, and he certainly has fight in him. Gonzales looked pretty decent when he came on too. Looks quite strong, and his passing was intelligent.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

I hope today's result made you feel really good about yourself.

I hope it gave you that ego boost you were after.

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

he's put his ego in front of the club, rightly or wrongly. for what its worth ian dowie is doing the same thing, as is zola. maybe they shouldn't put up with it, but i can tell you right now, if they do it will benefit the club more than if they dont.

Owen and Barton for sale on the last day.  How can he possibly work in that environment.  After all his public defense of Barton.  He was constantly being undermined.  Lets ignore that.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

Fucking embarrassment.

Allardyce would probably have lost that game with that squad as well.

Guest optimistic nit

Really wasn't expecting anything else today; it was just the inevitable icing on one of the finest anti-newcastle cakes ever baked. All the keegan stuff was just preamble to the punch.

On the positive, I thought Xisco showed promise - finishing wasn't always great, but at least he got into the positions, and he certainly has fight in him. Gonzales looked pretty decent when he came on too. Looks quite strong, and his passing was intelligent.

we get our best first XI on the pitch and playing well and we'll finish in europe.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Fucking embarrassment.

I'm disappointed with KK too, but in no way is this all on his shoulders.

Ashley, Wise, Llambias and the rest of the crew have their own share of responsibility to take of this.

Those trying to pin all this on Ashley are wrong, and so are you to act as though it's all KK's fault.

Everybody in power has fucked us over, that's why it's so depressing.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

To be fair, for all we know, it might have said that.

Keegan's been a prick as well in all of this.

If he is willing to still discuss coming back then he should have remained as manager and continued to discuss resolving the situation once Ashley had returned.

Keegan is a freakin' drama queen. He sought out the job and should therefore not be so quick to call it quits. He's getting paid a hell of a lot of money for the job too let's not forget.

Biggest mistake bringin him in. We could have just been moving along nicely now with a NORMAL manager.

This is crazy. Could have been 4th right now.

Only bright points of today has to be that Xisco was trying and trying and trying and when he finally scored it seemed as he was almost about to break into tears of joy, or he was trying to keep in a crap 'til the game ended, or something.

Owen and Xisco are the only one's who gets a plus in my book today, they at least seemed to be trying.

we get our best first XI on the pitch and playing well and we'll finish in europe.

Agreed.  No question we missed Beye, Martins and Jonas today. 

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

Ashley, Wise, Llambias and the rest of the crew have their own share of responsibility to take of this.

Those trying to pin all this on Ashley are wrong, and so are you to act as though it's all KK's fault.

Everybody in power has f***ed us over, that's why it's so depressing.

Comes down to the decion who do you trust more KK or Ashley, Wise, etc.

Lets point out widely reported KK is considering sueing for constructive dismissal.

Guest timmy boy

Same as every season for the last few years, to many shit teams come to SJP and win.How can we have a decent season if we are going to always drop points at home to dross like Hull.

Guest optimistic nit

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

he's put his ego in front of the club, rightly or wrongly. for what its worth ian dowie is doing the same thing, as is zola. maybe they shouldn't put up with it, but i can tell you right now, if they do it will benefit the club more than if they dont.

Owen and Barton for sale on the last day.  How can he possibly work in that environment.  After all his public defense of Barton.  He was constantly being undermined.  Lets ignore that.

Owen was not up for sale on the last day. Barton didn't end up being sold, he was kept because keegan wanted him.

i agree keegan has had his job made very difficult by ashley and co, but i get the feeling for a man who apparently puts the club first he could have done this better. i would expect better from keegan.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

If he is willing to still discuss coming back then he should have remained as manager and continued to discuss resolving the situation once Ashley had returned.

Keegan is a freakin' drama queen. He sought out the job and should therefore not be so quick to call it quits. He's getting paid a hell of a lot of money for the job too let's not forget.

Biggest mistake bringin him in. We could have just been moving along nicely now with a NORMAL manager.

If Keegan comes back into that exact same set up, he'll have lost my respect. If Wise, etc. go, then great, he's made a stand and won. If not, and he comes and just grins and bares it, he's a spineless c*nt for what he's done.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

Everybody in power has f***ed us over, that's why it's so depressing.

Comes down to the decion who do you trust more KK or Ashley, Wise, etc.

Lets point out widely reported KK is considering sueing for constructive dismissal.

Maybe he has a legitimate case?

Thanks a lot Keegan!

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

Didn't it take 2 or 3 days until it was official he 'resigned'? 

He clearly tried to resolve it, with the help of the LMA.

Btw I hope someone punched that smirk off Llambias' face.

Indeed.  Seems the whole things is entertaining to him. 

aye, especially when "Kevin Keegans Black n White army" was being sang,  he was sniggering, and puttng his hand infront of his mouth like a kid does at school.

Absolutely ecstatic for Xisco.

He was obviously delighted to sign for the club and it's great that his day wasn't totally ruined as he got his goal.

As for the pricks that were having a go at him after 45 mins to hell with you all. Fucking lunatic pricks revelling in everything bad.

You are all worthless non entities.