Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't want Keegan anywhere near the club again.

Also want Ashley to sell up and fuck off asap too. We'll struggle to move the club forward with these 2 individuals anywhere near the place imo.

He CV remains better though

Not for the current people in charge it doesnt

they hired him

Well yeah but recent events may have changed their views since Jan 2008. Also do big name football manager use CV's ?

How else do they get judged?

He CV remains better though

Not for the current people in charge it doesnt

they hired him

Well yeah but recent events may have changed their views since Jan 2008. Also do big name football manager use CV's ?

How else do they get judged?

Youtube & Wiki.

Guest Brummiemag

Yes please come back, the sense of adventure and risk and the thought and hope that we could ever be a big club again disappeared the day Keegan left.

Okay then which Champions League club is that again?

Do I get 2 points now?

Indeed you do. Have a cookie to go with them.

For some reason I thought that after finishing 2nd in 95/96 we'd have qualified for the Champions League, and that Keegan would have led us out before he resigned in January 97.

Time dulls the memory, it was 12 years ago in my defence.

However, my general point, though admittedly somewhat weakened by my own alcohol-addled memory, STILL stands! ;)

As someone else said above, we need to move on. Too many people on here are letting their hearts rule their heads. In order to get back to somewhere like we were under Robson, it is going to take a few years, at least 5 to 7 years to build up a half decent squad again, capable of getting into the top 4.

We currently have neither the ownership or the management to do this and un til that is addressed, we cannot really move on in the football side of things. When I say management, I mean at executive level, not football level.

Enthusiasm will not get us there alone. We need organisation, money, and a total change in coaching direction, top down through the academy and scouting systems. This will not happen overnight and without any quick fire solutions, such as Manchester City rich benefactors, it is going to take a few years. Shearer is NOT the answer either. We need an experienced, quality, knowledgable coach/manager who is not afraid of a challenge. An older person with a young side kick who can learn. Somethoing like a Hiddink/Van Basten type partnership, although I realise this is impossible, put something like this type of set up.

Don't want Keegan anywhere near the club again.

Also want Ashley to sell up and f*** off asap too. We'll struggle to move the club forward with these 2 individuals anywhere near the place imo.

This!!.

Guest iliketoonarmy

I don't want to see his greedy monkey face anymore.

Seriously this guy gave the toon a lot of good memories, but I am shocked at the reply "He's good, passion, good memories bla bla bla", it's like in the football you only know a manager and he's called Keegan.

Wake up mates, you have tons of managers out there with passion and better football tactical knowledge and most importantly they won't walk their ass off and leave the fans and team helpless. (Not to say I totally blame Keegan here, but I meant many other managers won't do this).

Guest iliketoonarmy

And I agree with the Ashley selling club comment. This is another guy we don't want to see any near the club again.

As someone else said above, we need to move on. Too many people on here are letting their hearts rule their heads. In order to get back to somewhere like we were under Robson, it is going to take a few years, at least 5 to 7 years to build up a half decent squad again, capable of getting into the top 4.

We currently have neither the ownership or the management to do this and un til that is addressed, we cannot really move on in the football side of things. When I say management, I mean at executive level, not football level.

Enthusiasm will not get us there alone. We need organisation, money, and a total change in coaching direction, top down through the academy and scouting systems. This will not happen overnight and without any quick fire solutions, such as Manchester City rich benefactors, it is going to take a few years. Shearer is NOT the answer either. We need an experienced, quality, knowledgable coach/manager who is not afraid of a challenge. An older person with a young side kick who can learn. Somethoing like a Hiddink/Van Basten type partnership, although I realise this is impossible, put something like this type of set up.

Good post Macca, and sums up most of my views on the matter; KK is not the man for the current situation in which the club finds itself unless it is taken over by someone very wealthy who could indulge his transfer requirements, and lets face it, there has been little sign of that happening.

As you say, it is going to be a long job to put the club to rights and there is a need for strong foundations to be put in place ; Hiddink would be a great choice, but I have doubts as to whether he would accept such a challenge at his age.

The club needs all the excess emotion taking out of it and the fans need to accept that a degree of hard-nosed(in the best sense)professionalism will be required by those who will eventually take over the running of the place - someone as CEO in the same mould as Peter Robinson during Liverpool's great days

who will deal with all the off-field stuff in a quiet and professional way without all the hubris that Shepherd displayed(or the nepotism), and leave the playing side to the manager/coaches.

The scouting and Youth systems need the best available people recruiting so that the club eventually has the ability to compete for, and get, the best young players available.

Mountains of work to be done, and unless it would be for a short-term contract while all that was put in place, I'm afraid that KK's days as manager are now over.

If Keegan was re-appointed manager, yes I'd support him and the club, but I'm not sure I'd be too impressed. This club needs to go forwards. Not backwards.

Did we go forwards after Keegan left? I'm seeing lots of statements like this which all sound sensible, but in reality don't have any basis.

Tbh if we could financially back KK for the next 4 years and he sits still and doesn't bolt at the 1st sign of pressure he'd be a fantastic appointment.

If would be better than Shearer IMHO, who I didn't see much of a manager in the games he had, only a figurehead to try and unite the players and club. He didn't really get a fair chance so maybe he deserves another shot at it, he's certainly more deserving than KK, but he's years off KK as a manager.

Overall I'd say no, simply because the 1st sentence is never going to happen, even with a new owner and financial backing KK is a ticking time bomb of self righteousness, ready to go off at any one willing to cross his path no matter how destructive it is for the club; sometimes the club comes first, KK has never shown that and I don't think he ever could.

Guest sicko2ndbest

KK would still be a top appointment. I would guarantee that KK would get us back to top half of the prem in 3 years. It would be the appointment after him that would be the biggest decision

No never.

Lets all move on, KK had his day, he took us as far as he could. And remember this was bloody years ago,  things have moved on, especially the Premiership.  I dont believe Keegan could play the same we'll score more than you football anymore, couldnt pick an unknown player and bring them through.  And really would you wanna be on tender hooks all the time, waiting for the breaking news banner on SSN telling us he's off down the A1 again, unhappy about this that or the other?  Not me.

I want to consolodate, get the club settled, build the squad back up.  A young, keen manager, who's given time to prove themselves(Not necessarily Shearer).  Even just a few months off the back pages would be a start.

No never.

Lets all move on, KK had his day, he took us as far as he could. And remember this was bloody years ago,  things have moved on, especially the Premiership.  I dont believe Keegan could play the same we'll score more than you football anymore, couldnt pick an unknown player and bring them through.  And really would you wanna be on tender hooks all the time, waiting for the breaking news banner on SSN telling us he's off down the A1 again, unhappy about this that or the other?  Not me.

I want to consolodate, get the club settled, build the squad back up.  A young, keen manager, who's given time to prove themselves(Not necessarily Shearer).  Even just a few months off the back pages would be a start.

cowardly drivel

No never.

cowardly drivel

Truth hurts does it?.

No never.

cowardly drivel

Truth hurts does it?.

Ask Mike Ashley.

No never.

cowardly drivel

Truth hurts does it?.

Ask Mike Ashley.

Don't get me wrong I want to see back of Ashley just as anybody else, but I don't want to see Keegan back either. It's time to start afresh new owner, new Manager.

Guest Brummiemag

And despite all the people on here slagging him off, there are still nearly 60% of people, even on this forum, who would welcome him back. 

Of people who regularly go to games, particularly the travelling supporters, the percentage of people who would welcome Keegan back would be far higher

And despite all the people on here slagging him off, there are still nearly 60% of people, even on this forum, who would welcome him back.  

Of people who regularly go to games, particularly the travelling supporters, the percentage of people who would welcome Keegan back would be far higher

yeah the ones who followed his teams home and away would have him back, i have no doubt.

no probs at all with having keegan back, he would attract players,promotion would be guaranteed, club would be sold quicker and Hughton would return from whence he came (coach).

but blatantly obvious he won't return so all hypothetical really, back to the if one horse raced another from a different time which one would win.