Sat 20 - 15:00 West Ham Utd (a) Pre Match Thread

Skirge

Oh and Ashley isn't a cockney!

5 minutes away is close enough tbh

Anything south of Watford is my indicator

That's a pretty shit indicator.

London and the home counties are classed as cockneys in my book.

:lol:

But would you disagree with most southerners who think the North begins at watford as well?

Obviously. I just think it's quite funny that you define cockney so broadly when I'd imagine you'd be seething if someone said they thought everyone north of Middlebrough was a geordie.

But thats what people in the south think though isn't it? (Obviously neglecting the fact that Middlesbrough is in fact Yorkshire)

It's amazing how many people putting teams up in this thread have no idea about the fitness or otherwise of players in our squad.

Jonas has a fractured collar bone and will be out for a month, Smith is out indefinately with a leg injury, Martins may be back on saturday but is doubtful, Duff is at least another week away etc etc.

We are so threadbare that the team unfortunately picks itself.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Given

Taylor Colo Cacapa Bassong

Geremi Butt Speedy N'Zogbia

Cisco Owen

Bench : Martins, Harper, Ranger, Doninger, Donaldson, Lough, Ameobi

Beye is back according to the same link you sent.

Why go with Lough when you got Edgar and Tozer?

Guest Gallowgate Mag

That's a pretty s*** indicator.

But would you disagree with most southerners who think the North begins at watford as well?

Obviously. I just think it's quite funny that you define cockney so broadly when I'd imagine you'd be seething if someone said they thought everyone north of Middlebrough was a geordie.

But thats what people in the south think though isn't it? (Obviously neglecting the fact that Middlesbrough is in fact Yorkshire)

Middlesbrough isn't in Yorkshire. The most northern part of Yorkshire is Stokesley, a town roughly 15 minutes south of the most southern suburbs of Middlesbrough.

Just to let yer kna....

anyone reckon that we might get something out of this? being optimistic i know, but hopefully the players will want to show some character and bounce back from hull. that, and their defence is as useless as ours. with a sold out backing and fans behind them, we could put a performance in. also the fact that "the first game without keegan" is behind us, and they will have had longer to train? i bloody hope so its a long time since i saw NUFC win a game live!

Guest Gallowgate Mag

anyone reckon that we might get something out of this? being optimistic i know, but hopefully the players will want to show some character and bounce back from hull. that, and their defence is as useless as ours. with a sold out backing and fans behind them, we could put a performance in. also the fact that "the first game without keegan" is behind us, and they will have had longer to train? i bloody hope so its a long time since i saw NUFC win a game live!

3-0 defeat.  :(

It's amazing how many people putting teams up in this thread have no idea about the fitness or otherwise of players in our squad.

Jonas has a fractured collar bone and will be out for a month, Smith is out indefinately with a leg injury, Martins may be back on saturday but is doubtful, Duff is at least another week away etc etc.

Given

Cisco Owen

According to dotcom Beye is out for 10 weeks. Edgar went off injured on saturday and i was under the impression Tozer was crocked as well.

That's a pretty s*** indicator.

Middlesbrough isn't in Yorkshire. The most northern part of Yorkshire is Stokesley, a town roughly 15 minutes south of the most southern suburbs of Middlesbrough.

Just to let yer kna....

Stockton is/was County Durham

Middlesbrough is/was the North Riding of North Yorkshire.

Given

Cisco Owen

According to dotcom Beye is out for 10 weeks. Edgar went off injured on saturday and i was under the impression Tozer was crocked as well.

Hughton has said that he expects Martins and Duff to be available for selection. I'd believe him over physioroom.com.

No. The stories of unhappy players doesn't leave me with any confidence in them. We desperately need Martins back to inject some pace into the team, but despite all this talk about the players being professional, I think some of them aren't playing with much purpose. Michael Owen being an honourable exception.

No. The stories of unhappy players doesn't leave me with any confidence in them. We desperately need Martins back to inject some pace into the team, but despite all this talk about the players being professional, I think some of them aren't playing with much purpose. Michael Owen being an honourable exception.

i still reckon that well put in a better shift than the hull game. probably wishful thinking though.

Given

Cisco Owen

Hughton has said that he expects Martins and Duff to be available for selection. I'd believe him over physioroom.com.

didnt he say outside chance?

"I don't think we will have any players back (for West Ham) but we are probably more optimistic about Damien Duff and Oba Martins," he explained.

"They are probably the two that are closest and it would be very welcome for them to come back."

4-0 or 5-1 to WHAM.

Were fuked, long this goes on more chance were going have a similar season as last, which for me is pathetic.

I don't think we'll do that well TBH, unless things are sorted soon.

Guest Stephen927

Looking at West Ham's squad, I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about. My main concern is the new manager factor with Zola in charge for his first home game.

Hopefully if the players show some pride in the shirt we'll get something out of this game. West Ham aren't world beaters.

I think its hard to tell, Newcastle are weird. We will either go down and just cause havoc and win 4-1 ala Tottenham, or totally combust and lost 4-0 like fulham a few years back.

Given

Geremi Colo Cacapa Bassong

Duff Butt Gonzalez N'Zogbia

Cisco Owen

That's not a bad 1st 11 in theory. Whether they've actually got the balls and desire to go out and get a result instead of bleating about off-field problems is the question.

Looking at West Ham's squad, I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about. My main concern is the new manager factor with Zola in charge for his first home game.

Hopefully if the players show some pride in the shirt we'll get something out of this game. West Ham aren't world beaters.

What you mean like Hull are?