Sat 20 - 15:00 West Ham Utd (a) Pre Match Thread

Skirge

good news for us

West Ham striker Dean Ashton will be out for up to four weeks after twisting his ankle in new manager Gianfranco Zola's first training session. (The Sun)

Good news  :thup:

Teared apart Taylor and Edger at Upton Park last season. 

Given

Taylor   Coloccini

Geremi                             Bassong

Gonzalez  Butt

Duff                              N'Zogbia

Owen   Martins

However I suspect Chris Hughton will play threw Michael Owen in a diamond again with N'Zogbia at left back.

good news for us

West Ham striker Dean Ashton will be out for up to four weeks after twisting his ankle in new manager Gianfranco Zola's first training session. (The Sun)

Good news  :thup:

Teared apart Taylor and Edger at Upton Park last season. 

Given

Taylor   Coloccini

Geremi                             Bassong

Gonzalez  Butt

Duff                              N'Zogbia

Owen   Martins

However I suspect Chris Hughton will play threw Michael Owen in a diamond again with N'Zogbia at left back.

Not actually a bad side that

Shame Hughton wont play it

Bssong has pace is left footed can read the game and has the ability to stay calm under pressure yet I bet Zoggy is played at LB instead, he is shite there and its a double whammy because we miss him as an attacking force so much.

A defender in a defending role has to be a better option..

My optimism levels have gone up with the news that Ashton is out.

I am now 10% optimistic of getitng a result.

It makes a change to see the opposition losing key players, this is now definitely a game we can get something from. My concern is that some of our players will be using the managerless situation to feel sorry for themselves instead of storming the useless cockney bastards for all 3 points.

Bssong has pace is left footed can read the game and has the ability to stay calm under pressure yet I bet Zoggy is played at LB instead, he is shite there and its a double whammy because we miss him as an attacking force so much.

It's the double whammy bit that I can't believe managers can't see. We weaken our defence and we lessen one of our most dangerous attacking threats in one move. Brilliant tactics that is.

I don't have any confidence in Hughton putting out a sensible side such as:

Given

Beye        Coloccini    Taylor      Bassong

Butt

Gonzales

Geremi                                      N'Zogbia

Xisco

Owen

i fully expect:

Given

Taylor      Cacapa    Coloccini    N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi              Gonzales

Owen

Xisco                    Ameobi

I don't have any confidence in Hughton putting out a sensible side such as:

Given

Beye        Coloccini    Taylor      Bassong

Butt

Gonzales

Geremi                                       N'Zogbia

Xisco

Owen

i fully expect:

Given

Taylor       Cacapa     Coloccini     N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi               Gonzales

Owen

Xisco                     Ameobi

Beye not injured?

He is, but Duff might be back. Put geremi right back and move Duff to right wing.

Guest Chubby Jason

West Ham normally have a load of injury's as well so hopefully they will put out a s*** team as well.

Sounds like the recipie for a brilliant game of football!!  :aww:

Apparently West Ham sold their only recognised left back (McCartney) on deadline day, so we must get at them down that side.

Shame that this wonderful new system we have failed to bring in the right-winger we required.

Guest timmy boy

Apparently West Ham sold their only recognised left back (McCartney) on deadline day, so we must get at them down that side.

I think they signed one on loan from a South American club.

we got 2 left back on loan after the window shut both out of contract.  The guy who played last week looked ok, but nothing great prob west team

Green

Neil    Upson Davenport Illuga

Behrami  Parker Noble Faubert / Boa Morte

Cole    Bellamy

Bellamy will probably get injured in the warm up and parker will spin around in circles 1000 by the final whistle.

Shame that this wonderful new system we have failed to bring in the right-winger we required.

it didn't bring in the back up right back either

it didn't bring in the back up right back either

We wasted our money on Jonas and Xisco instead.

we got 2 left back on loan after the window shut both out of contract.  The guy who played last week looked ok, but nothing great prob west team

Green

Neil    Upson Davenport Illuga

Behrami  Parker Noble Faubert / Boa Morte

Cole     Bellamy

Bellamy will probably get injured in the warm up and parker will spin around in circles 1000 by the final whistle.

tbf, there is no way we should fear that side, especially if we have a couple back.

Bssong has pace is left footed can read the game and has the ability to stay calm under pressure yet I bet Zoggy is played at LB instead, he is s**** there and its a double whammy because we miss him as an attacking force so much.

It's the double whammy bit that I can't believe managers can't see. We weaken our defence and we lessen one of our most dangerous attacking threats in one move. Brilliant tactics that is.

I actually agree with the managers on this one. Zog is an OK left back (not s***, not particularly good). But when he's played there, it basically gives us two left wingers and causes trouble for the opposition because they don't know who should be picking him up. It certainly worked against Bolton last month, and in theory should work against a lot of the lesser teams.

WHAT? :lol: Zoggy does not track back, go's missing a lot, does not tuck in when we are being attacked from the other flank, no other manager of any other club would buy Zoggy with a view to using him as a left back.

He is the only left winger we have that will attack the full back, Duff just checks back all the time and Jonas on the left drifts in all the time with him being a right footer. Charlie on the left wing and Jonas on the right wing is by far our best wide attacking options, both attack full backs both will hug the wing and offer us width.

Bassong is a left footed defender, yes better at CB but still better at left back than Zoggy, he understands the role of being a defender. You can say having Zoggy at LB gives us a double attacking option but how many assists does he have whilst playing at LB? how many goals have we conceded with him at LB, goals that have came because he has not tracked back.

Kings Cross to Upton Park on Saturday (Due to engineering work)

Kings Cross - Holborn (Piccadilly Line)

Holborn - Mile End (Central Line)

Mile End - Upton Park (District Line)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7031/picture4nf2.png