Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not sure whether I'm happy or concerned.

His time here has been fairly s**** but I'm worried about who we're going to be at the mercy of next.

A case of the grass is not greener on the other side?

Imo, he has the best interests of the club at heart. Simply inexperienced.

That's exactly the reason I'm concerned. Alright he's not done what we wanted, but part of me prefers an Englishman who genuinely thought he could do things for us than a foreigner who doesn't give a fuck.

He comes in, clears the debts, puts a structure in place to secure top young talent (Anyone disappointed by any of the signings?) and then gets hounded out by the fans.

Aren't we clever?

Sure, he didn't spend gazillions of pounds and sign Robinho. But then we never know what went on between Kev and the recruitment team.

I can't help but feel that Ashley has had a really unfair time from our "fans" over the past couple of weeks, when he might not (Stress MIGHT NOT) be the man to blame. Llambias and Keegan both seem far more likely protagonists to me.

But why didnt he just get rid of the staff that the fans were most concerned about. Wise and Llambias. Is he scared of them or something.

Its odd that he would rather get out than just replace the problematic staff.... assuming he really did love his time here up until 2 weeks ago..

Jesus.... here we go again

Depends on what he's asking.

Putting the club up for sale is one thing, getting the price he wants is another.

Sounds like a PR exercise or a desperate call to the Middle East etc

Think it's for the best in the long term. Always thought he had the best intrests of this club at heart and this confirms it for me. Feel his mistakes simply boiled down to footballing inexperience.

By giving Keegan a paltry £12 million summer transfer budget?

Coward.

Just fuck off man. Its what you wanted, you've got it, now just be happy you've got what you wanted and stop attacking the man at every fucking opportunity.

:thup:

Toys went out of the pram a few days ago.

Wow another trun of events, I'm now convinced that he really didn;t understand waht he was buying.  We aint a normal football club and you cant run this fucking mad house from London.

He bought himself a rough diamond but realised he aint got the tools to cut it and polish it.

Guest Howaythetoon

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

His time here has been fairly s**** but I'm worried about who we're going to be at the mercy of next.

I agree. I think he was a naive idealist, who's fucked up, knows it, and can't see any way back.

Coward.

Just fuck off man. Its what you wanted, you've got it, now just be happy you've got what you wanted and stop attacking the man at every fucking opportunity.

Who are you to deny him that right?

I agree. I think he was a naive idealist, who's fucked up, knows it, and can't see any way back.

:thup:

careful what you wish for - comes to mind

i pray we dont miss the Ashley days. A guy with the right motivation, just not the right time/team.

He personally had all the right intention.

i hope the next owner has more.

god help us all

On SSN now, basically defending the system he set up. Praising Wise and the others.

Saying he's listened to the fans, knows they want him out so he's going.

Is the truth that we didnt really want Him out especially. Is if fair to say if this statement had said "Wise and Llambias Out - being replaced by 2 people subject to joint interviews with Ashley and Keegan", then most people would have been happy to still have him a the helm.

I think I would.