Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm terribly sad that the moronic element within the club (And we have more than our fair share of them unfortunately) seem to have driven him out, but I must say one thing:

Why the hell couldn't he have released that statement (Or at least the first half of it) last week? I'm pretty confident that if he had, then all would have been well. All the demonstrations were in favour of Keegan simply because he was the only one who was willing to communicate with the fans over the last few months. Nothing at all has come out from the club beyond a couple of terse statements regarding KK's departure, and we've all been left completely in the dark over Ashley's intentions for the club and his vision for the future.

It's widely acknowledged that Ashley has attempted to extend an olive branch to Keegan to get him to stay, perhaps in light of the statement released we should be adult enough to do the same to him?

He drove himself out, he's an idiot to think the fans would be happy to see KK leave over Dennis Wise.

Hmm im happy that he is selling tbh, end of the day its the only way the club is going to move forward again. but if he had have just sacked wise etc maybe he could have just carried on. 

Why? I mean, I hated Dennis Wise as a player as much as anyone, I was in the Leazes when we beat Chelsea, Cole scored 2 (Including a stunning left-foot drive past Kharine) and Wise got sent off and was up singing "He's a dwarf" with the best of them, but can someone PLEASE try to explain what he's done wrong here and why he deserves sacking? If you can stick to facts as well instead of guesswork then I'll be really impressed.

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

So missing the point I'm probably wasting my time replying, but the Arsenal model is the only way to go and it would take time. He's been pushed out by a press-fueled collection of mongs who need everything done tomorrow.

As I've said though there's nothing wrong with this sort of strategy, however it should be the manager who has the final say on all things football related. Which clearly wasn't the case.

Guest VegasToon

I liked Ashley, BUT all of this could have been settled with Wise and Llambus shown the door.  

Why is he still backing those 2?  Something happened behind the scenes with some of the board and Keegan.  And from what we do know, the board tried and Ashley is still trying to get him back.  To me, it looks like this was a board problem.  

I really think this is an excuse to sell.  Every successful businessman creates a team that can work together.  He didn't and is not willing to fix it and is taking the easy way out.

You can't run Newcastle from London.

Hmm im happy that he is selling tbh, end of the day its the only way the club is going to move forward again. but if he had have just sacked wise etc maybe he could have just carried on. 

Why? I mean, I hated Dennis Wise as a player as much as anyone, I was in the Leazes when we beat Chelsea, Cole scored 2 (Including a stunning left-foot drive past Kharine) and Wise got sent off and was up singing "He's a dwarf" with the best of them, but can someone PLEASE try to explain what he's done wrong here and why he deserves sacking? If you can stick to facts as well instead of guesswork then I'll be really impressed.

Can I say I know for a fact that Wise has been the problem, yet I can't post how I know this, but believe me it is true.

the supported of this club have lived up to every "MEDIA" sterotype in the last week. shocked.

every club in england bar 4 or 5 would want an owner like that.

some of you disgust me.

im really embarrased.

lets pray for the holy grail for the sake of you lot. someone from newcastle that has a gazillion pounds, and hires Bruce, Keegan, SBR, all as equals of the holy newcastle round table.

drop anyone that has any london connection.

long live newcastle !!!

Has nothing to do with facts, just the fans' sentiment.

Can I say I know for a fact that Wise has been the problem, yet I can't post how I know this, but believe me it is true.

:lol:

the supported of this club have lived up to every "MEDIA" sterotype in the last week. shocked.

every club in england bar 4 or 5 would want an owner like that.

some of you disgust me.

im really embarrased.

lets pray for the holy grail for the sake of you lot. someone from newcastle that has a gazillion pounds, and hires Bruce, Keegan, SBR, all as equals of the holy newcastle round table.

drop anyone that has any london connection.

long live newcastle !!!

What? A one who doesn't give his manager the final say on footballing matters. I very much doubt it.

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

So missing the point I'm probably wasting my time replying, but the Arsenal model is the only way to go and it would take time. He's been pushed out by a press-fueled collection of mongs who need everything done tomorrow.

As I've said though there's nothing wrong with this sort of strategy, however it should be the manager who has the final say on all things football related. Which clearly wasn't the case.

I agree, and this was where he fucked up. As someone said earlier, it looks like he was trying to apply his business principles to the club, thinking it would be perfect. It was far from, and by sticking with his plan he's realised he's burnt his bridges.

:lol:

;)

why the fuck did he not put this statement (minus the selling bit) out the day the keegan thing started.  This is all it would have taken for the whole episode not to have happened. 

Actually, it'd make things much, much worse. "OMG ONLY 20 MIL A YEAR????"

Can you explain a bit more on that then? Not how you know but how Wise' cause the problem

I believe you Tooj.The bloke has always been and always will be an obnoxious shit stirring cunt.

I agree with pretty much everything in that statement.

He says he would have put in 20m a season without wanting anything back, but that wouldn't mean that it would be our transfer budget. If the financial side was ran well and we maximise our potential off the field, we could be in profit and thus wouldn't actually need his 20m. The 20m would just be a top-up, which is surely more than enough.

Sad to say, we're still suffering the effects from Freddy's time here and because some of our fans have unrealistic expectations of transfer budgets and how quickly we should challenge, we're now stuck in a really shit place. We haven't seen the way the club would actually be run if we didn't have all this leftover debt and revenue spent.

Sad state of affairs that someone with a real plan for the club's short-term and long-term future has now been pushed out before he could even implement all his plans.