Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

cant beleive the bit about his family not being safe, surely there was/is never a chance anyone would think of  carrying out physical abuse against him or his child.

Unfortunately you'd be wrong, it only takes one mong to think he's being a hero.

"I accept more players in would have been better, but we've brought in 6 players this summer (1 on loan) and the only significant leavers (If you can even call them that) were Emre, Carr, Rozenhal and Ramage. People talk about the squad getting thinner but to me that's the reverse, both in numbers and in terms of quality. It's early days but I think the DoF system has proven that it's working OK so far."

Given the side we fielded y'day I have to disagree with your point. How can the squad be getting stronger when we have players out of position, academy level kids on the bench and Shola starting ?

We have too small a squad, I agree, but injuries have taken their toll on us as well with the likes of Enrique, Barton, Viduka and Smith (Yeah, I know!) out.

And like I said more signings would have been better and who's to say that the likes of Wise and Vetere didn't have more lined up but Keegan kept vetoing them? Not saying that's the case as I've got no more idea than the rest of you but people seem over keen to aportion blame anywhere but at Keegan's feet due to their paper "Welcome back KK" crowns falling down over their eyes.

(And Shola's been starting for years, inexcusable as that might be, so mentioning that is irrelevant. :lol: )

cant beleive the bit about his family not being safe, surely there was/is never a chance anyone would think of  carrying out physical abuse against him or his child.

Dont think any arrests were made yesterday in relation to the protests?

There's always an idiot that may do something like that. But that doesn't mean the rest will behave like that. Fact is there are some nutters out there that will do anyway to get some attention.

Similarly, don't you think Wise will also have a similar concern now

i cant believe how people are swung on one statement. the bloke is trying one last attempt to make himself the good guy and Keegan the wrong un.

How do you know Keegan isn't to blame for this?

Thought so...

isnt to blame for what?....being unable to operate when the bloke buying the players daren't even show his face in the city?

Isn't to blame for falling out with Wise or Ashley or anyone....you or me or anyone else here actually knows fuck all about whats has happened behind the scenes but still try to state things as facts.

Dont know if it has been said but i am worried we will be stuck with Hughton in charge until he sells

That would be terrible

A manager won't be appointed until he sells, I'm pretty certain of that.

He thinks he may not be able to sell

I have the interests of Newcastle United at heart. I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do but it won't happen overnight and it may not happen at all if a buyer does not come in.

i cant believe how people are swung on one statement. the bloke is trying one last attempt to make himself the good guy and Keegan the wrong un.

Thought so...

isnt to blame for what?....being unable to operate when the bloke buying the players daren't even show his face in the city?

Theres more to this than that and you know it.

NO. its as simple as that, Keegan wants to choose his own players.

denis wise tried to treat him like a naughty boy.

Keegan is of bigger stature than Wise, Asley, had his line management upside down.

Why didn't he think about his kids and his matchday attendance before going out in new York and just leaving that toad Llambias to sort things out with his typewriter and letter writing skills?

I don't buy it Mike, sorry. You had your chance to put things right and you weren't interested.

Why didn't he think about his kids and his matchday attendance before going out in new York and just leaving that toad Llambias to sort things out with his typewriter and letter writing skills?

I don't buy it Mike, sorry. You had your chance to put things right and you weren't interested.

Agreed, I don't buy it either.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

cold hearted bald bastard

Dont think any arrests were made yesterday in relation to the protests?

most owners / chairman will have been through this. Whether it's right or wrong it's part of having power at a football club.

well Ashley was an idiot for agreeing to it !!!! We're talking about spending hundreds of millions of £'s and he wasn't able / willing to do due dilligence ?!?!??!

And the version of events I heard from people who work directly for Mort and Ashley was that it was Ashley who laid down the deadline and said "there's your offer, there's a deadline, take it or leave it"

Ashley was an idiot for working to the deadline, he was told that the deadline was imposed to prevent news getting out which would cause the club problems.  Sir John imposed the deadline, not Ashley so whoever told you that is wrong, fact.  Sorry if that appears arrogant but it's true.

Thought so...

Isn't to blame for falling out with Wise or Ashley or anyone....you or me or anyone else here actually knows f*** all about whats has happened behind the scenes but still try to state things as facts.

IT is A FACT, kevin keegan was told to wait in his office for denis wise. Whan he eventually turned up, he laid the law down to him, in a manner he would never accept being spoken to himself.

BTW, the players were aware of this......1-2 v Hull.......do you see the conection???

This year he was going to put down the top, put on the suit & be hands on. I am sure that was what he said somewhere, herd it again on the Sunday Sup

Was he not there on Sports Direct business?

disappointing that its all ended like this. Promising start, never liked the replica shirt wearing/standing in the terraces myself, but things seemed to go pear shaped once Mort left and the Wise thing was never gonna hold water.

God help us we need a relativley speedy resolution to this and hope for some stability for a significant period.

Personally, that may not neccessarily have KK coming back either (god forbid not Shearer), a clean professional break may be best.

Thought so...

Theres more to this than that and you know it.

No, he really doesn't.

You're wasting your time trying to talk sense in here, may as well leave them to it.

Thought so...

Isn't to blame for falling out with Wise or Ashley or anyone....you or me or anyone else here actually knows f*** all about whats has happened behind the scenes but still try to state things as facts.

IT is A FACT, kevin keegan was told to wait in his office for denis wise. Whan he eventually turned up, he laid the law down to him, in a manner he would never accept being spoken to himself.

BTW, the players were aware of this......1-2 v Hull.......do you see the conection???

the story i heard last night was that towards the end of the window keegan vetoed everyone put forwrd by vetere and wise and wanted some unrealistic signings in order to stress his authority.

like yours,its just a story i heard and don't actually have any proof.

Why slaughter him, demonstrate and protest against him all week and then act all sorry when he tells us where to stick it?

You get what you wish for. Just like in a years time when we chant "sack the board" at the next bloke.

He doesn't NEED to sell up, getting rid of Wise and bringing back Keegan would sort this s*** out.

True, but Wise should simply realise he's not wanted here and resign. He surely can't enjoy being hated by so many. Given the clubs financial concerns that Ashley's put across, Keegan would obviously have to be reasonable in deamanding transfer money.

Granted we should watch what we're spending, but smaller clubs seem to get by on half the gate money, shirt sales etc than we do.

This is Dennis Wise the man universally hated by all football fans, excluding Chelsea and Wimbledon. Dont think he's cares what people think about him as long as he's getting paid. Was chatting to a leicester fan who pointed out that Wise nearly put them out of existence when he was suing them for unfair dismissal despite the fact he had assaulted the club captain, breaking his jaw in the process. The guy is scum, pure and simple.

Was he not there on Sports Direct business?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/09/06/newcastle-chief-s-booze-binge-as-kevin-keegan-quits-115875-20725877/

Doesn't sound like business to me.