So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Guest Gallowgate Mag

If they've transferred 200m to a lawyer already that shows they are truly serious and now it's just whether they can agree a price or someone else comes in.  75M isn't going to be enough to do challenge what Man City are planning to do when you consider we spent 50M not that long ago and look where that got us, even though we got to seventh that was pretty damn lucky and a bit of a fluke tbh.

I'm not arsed about challenging Man City if i'm honest, I just want a bit of pride back in my club.

Staying up this season and aiming to keep as many of our best players as we can is our current objective.

Then we can see about this 75m.

If they've transferred 200m to a lawyer already that shows they are truly serious and now it's just whether they can agree a price or someone else comes in.  75M isn't going to be enough to do challenge what Man City are planning to do when you consider we spent 50M not that long ago and look where that got us, even though we got to seventh that was pretty damn lucky and a bit of a fluke tbh.

I'm not arsed about challenging Man City if i'm honest, I just want a bit of pride back in my club.

Staying up this season and aiming to keep as many of our best players as we can is our current objective.

There are lots of people saying things like that these days.

Genuine (simple) ambition . . . is a thing of the past.

It simply never occurs to most of our 'brow-beaten' fans these days.  Survival, is about the 'highest' ambition (if you could call it that) that most people seem to have these days, and who can blame them after years of failure, 'flat' transfer windows, and then the recent turmoil.

As others say, depends on how they expect the £75m to be spent. It's difficult to buy the best players in January.

However in one go that is still a huge sum of money to spend, and could really propel us up the table if spent properly by the right manager*. The £50m is a red herring because it was spent by a complete idiot.

*Whether or not that's still Kevin Keegan is up for debate.

Genuine, simple, ambition, is a thing of the past.

It simply never occurs to most of our 'brow-beaten' fans these days.  Survival, is about the 'highest' ambition (if you could call it that) that most people seem to have these days, and who can blame them after years of failure and the recent turmoil.

yep. i think finally the expectations levels have dropped. All i want is a bit of hope. If new owners bring that, then great. Lets start all over again... again.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

It simply never occurs to most of our 'brow-beaten' fans these days.  Survival, is about the 'highest' ambition (if you could call it that) that most people seem to have these days, and who can blame them after years of failure and the recent turmoil.

I'm not saying I don't have ambition. I'd love for us to bring in new owners, splash some (sensible) cash, build a "steady ship" and eventually challenge the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool again.

Fact of the matter is without megabucks we can't challenge the big three.

Think this is all we ever wanted tbh, fuck the media suggesting we're demading trophies. I want to be proud of watching Newcastle again, and if we get loads of loot to spend then fine but I ultimately want trusted people running the club.

Get Sir Bobby involved at some level for the time he has remaining as since he's stopped working his health has gone downhill fast.

Get Keegan back as manager and Shearer in charge of the reserves to get a feel for picking a team and Ant and Dec as Directors and then see if everyone laughs at us!    :shifty:

yep. i think finally the expectations levels have dropped. All i want is a bit of hope. If new owners bring that, then great. Lets start all over again... again.

You know, that is about the BEST thing I have seen on here for ages.

I often get tied up in what "we should have achieved since 1969, since 1992, since 1996, etc, etc, etc.

It's ALL GONE !!!!

Lets start again, forget the past non-achievements, lets get new owners with a bit (well, a LOT if possible) of dosh . .  and a lot of ("fan-like") enthusiasm, allied to a bit of intelligent business acumen . . .

LETS JUST START AGAIN (AGAIN!).

Now . . . . . I just need to convince myself . . . anyone know where I can get an 'amnesia' drug?

Dammit!    

I feel the same I was just saying if it does go through you can guarantee when David Craig et al are standing outside SJP interviewing people on the dole we'll look like retards again.  "Eee we ganna win the leeg nu like".  People will think this is as big as man city when it's clearly not.  Probably somewhere between Lerner and Whoever the hell the West Ham owner or on a par with the Mackems backing.

You know, that is about the BEST thing I have seen on here for ages.

I often get tied up in what "we should have achieved since 1969, since 1992, since 1996, etc, etc, etc.

It's ALL GONE !!!!

Lets start again, forget the past non-achievements, lets get new owners with a bit (well, a LOT if possible) of dosh . .  and a lot of ("fan-like") enthusiasm, allied to a bit of intelligent business acumen . . .

LETS JUST START AGAIN (AGAIN!).

Now . . . . . I just need to convince myself . . . anyone know where I can get an 'amnesia' drug?

Dammit!    

Bet we get first pick on all the Nigerian stars of the future as well!

I love africans me

Good news. I've come into a bit of cash myself, and may think about joining a consortium interested in investing in the club.

FINALLY SUCCEEDED THE TRANSFER

MY DEAREST,

WITH GREAT GRATITUDE TO YOUR EFFORTS, I AM INFORMING YOU THAT I HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN TRANSFERRING THE FOURTY TWO MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS TO A BANK IN ITALY, WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A PARAGUAY FRIEND. BASED ON AGREEMENT HE RECEIVED 25% OF THE ENTIRE MONEY FOR HIS FINANCIAL INVOLVEMENT AND EFFORTS.

PRESENTLY I HAVE RELOCATED TO JAPAN, TO INVEST IN AN ELECTRONIC COMPANY PROJECTS WITH MY OWN SHARE AS HE SUGGESTED TO ME EARLIER. NEVERTHELESS, I CAN'T FORGET YOU, ESPECIALLY YOUR HONEST EFFORTS, THOUGH IT DID NOT YIELD POSITIVE FRUIT, BUT I STILL APPRECIATE IT, THANKS.   

MEANWHILE I HAVE A SURPRISE PACKAGE FOR YOU.I NEED YOU TO CONTACT MY ASSISTANT IN SOUTH AFRICA HIS NAME IS MR. JOHN FANO, CHIEF ACCOUNTANT ABASA ON HIS EMAIL ADDRESS AT [email protected]

BECAUSE I HAVE INSTRUCTED HIM TO DIRECT YOU ON HOW YOU WILL RECEIVE THE SUM OF (FIVE MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS), WHICH I SET OUT FOR YOUR COMPENSATION.

PLEASE ACCEPT IT IN GOOD FAITH. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU DID, AND I PRAY THAT WE'LL MEET ONE DAY.

BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO LIE LOW FOR SOME TIME, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. SO FEEL FREE AND GET IN TOUCHED WITH MR JOHN FANO, CHIEF ACCOUNTANT ABSA.

PLEASE MY FRIEND AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THE FIVE MILLION US DOLLARS ONLY, DO LIKEWISE FOR SOME TIME AND ENJOY YOUR ENTHE FRUIT OF YOUR ENDEAVOURS. AND INVEST IT WISELY FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN. NOTE; BELOW THE ATTACHMENT FILE IS THE PROOF OF THE TOTAL FUND.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL AND IS FOR THE INTENDED ADDRESSEE ONLY. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE, DISSEMINATION OF THE INFORMATION, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE.

TRUST IN GOD AND ALL WILL BE WELL WITH YOU.

­­­­I REMAIN YOUR BOSOM FRIEND,

ALHAJ OSMAN KABILA

A Nigerian consortium planning to bid for Newcastle needs to raise an "extra £50m to £100m" to buy the club, with owner Mike Ashley holding out for £400m. (Daily Mirror)

If successful, they would make Everton striker Yakubu their top target. (Daily Mirror)

The consortium would also aim to bring back Kevin Keegan as the club's manager. (The Sun)

So much for the manager being in charge of who comes in and out, eh?

I have doubts about whether this bid is genuine, but if it is, these investors might well want to bring in Nigerian players to make the club more popular in Nigeria, and to add some extra excitement and interest for themselves.

"Might" being the operative word.  The Nigerian investors are likely to be no different than their European or Arabian counterparts.  The only reason why the majority of people on here are anxious is because their understanding of global business is limited to Europe and The Gulf.

What strikes me as different about this story is that it's not about a single owner or a pre-existing investment group. It sounds like a consortium of businessmen are being put together specifically for the purpose of buying the club. It's a bit like the Magpie group that Sir John Hall put together many years ago, only with Nigerians instead of Geordies.

Now what is actually attracting these businessmen to the idea? I doubt if it's about making money. It's more likely the emotional idea about having a team in the English Premiership with a Nigerian identity.

You occasionally hear of these attempts at putting a coalition of smaller businessmen together and they don't seem to come off. I suspect this is actually a very tentative idea at the moment which will struggle when people really have to hand their money over.

That's if the story has any substance in the first place.

i think you might be in the right ballpark there. but remember the mackems are owned by an irish consortium and theyve spent a lot for a club with small revenues plus debt. obviously sunderland were cheap to buy which helped but i'd imagine these nigerian oil moguls are significantly richer than those Irish fellas.

also, it might help that they want to use us as a vehicle for prestige or respectability - that's what abramovich or thaksin were after too, which could well translate into big funds being spent. pumping big sums of money into the club may help legitimise their fortunes, were doubts lingering over them in the same way that doubts hung over the two above.

i wouldnt be suprised if they'd want a nigerian emphasis, though i think this would work out in the same way it did with thaksin or abramovich. either publicity deals to raise our profile over there, or how man city got some thai youngsters (which proved to be a fruitless endeavour - nigerian youngsters would be a completely different prospect) while the russian's links got chelsea a deal for Smertin but that's as far as it went. so it's not necessarily a bad thing. imagine if 5 years down the line we have a bunch of academies set up by them in west africa and are creaming off the best young talent from this part of the world.

obviously it could go wrong and we'll appoint an ex crazy gang member like john fashnu as executive director (football) and he'll meddle in the manager's business and cause a bust up of epic proportions.  that sort of stuff would never happen with an english owner...

Can I be the first to say that whoever takes over will be shit, the manager they appoint will be shit and the players he buys will also be shit

I think I've covered all the bases there

obviously it could go wrong and we'll appoint an ex crazy gang member like john fashnu as executive director (football) and he'll meddle in the manager's business and cause a bust up of epic proportions.  that sort of stuff would never happen with an english owner...

:lol:

I believe Fashsanu works in the Nigerian media nowadays.

So if there is talk of Nigerian media moguls beign involved I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hand in this too.

It actually wouldn't be far fetched to see him installed as chairman, due to his prem experience.

Can I be the first to say that whoever takes over will be s***, the manager they appoint will be s*** and the players he buys will also be s***

Aye "Nigerian Mafia OOT"

People will find it difficult holding up bed sheets after having their arms macheted off.

I believe Fashsanu works in the Nigerian media nowadays.

So if there is talk of Nigerian media moguls beign involved I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hand in this too.

It actually wouldn't be far fetched to see him installed as chairman, due to his prem experience.

John Fashanu as Chairman of Newcastle United.. not far-fetched ?

I'm glad we've approached Seymour Pierce to deal with this anyway, they at least have lots of experience of this kind of sale having handled the Chelsea, Villa and City buyouts. Let's just hope it's more the former two than the latter.

Can I be the first to say that whoever takes over will be s***, the manager they appoint will be s*** and the players he buys will also be s***

Aye "Nigerian Mafia OOT"

People will find it difficult holding up bed sheets after having their arms macheted off.

naughty naughty,very naughty!!

I'm glad we've approached Seymour Pierce to deal with this anyway, they at least have lots of experience of this kind of sale having handled the Chelsea, Villa and City buyouts. Let's just hope it's more the former two than the latter.

Why put the Chelsea and Aston Villa owners together? They are very different types of owners. I'm now at the stage where I'd be happy if we bought our way to success. Ask any Chelsea fans if they prefer the days before Abramovich. For me, I hope the new owners are 'money no object' rich and are happy to throw that money at NUFC.

Why put the Chelsea and Aston Villa owners together? They are very different types of owners. I'm now at the stage where I'd be happy if we bought our way to success. Ask any Chelsea fans if they prefer the days before Abramovich. For me, I hope the new owners are 'money no object' rich and are happy to throw that money at NUFC.

I just meant more the fact that Shinawatra was an international fugitive and sold up just a year later. :lol:

I'd much prefer a Lerner 'type' tbh.