So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I think you and others similar are living in dreamland and if you think people want anything different to any other football fan throughout the country then you're wrong, people want a successful football team and don't care who's in charge, the only thing Keegan would get is time but judging by attendances at the beginning of the season that wouldn't last long.

How would he do with a top 4 budget? He'd maybe push for 5th, that's not because he's a brilliant manager but because he's able to outspend the rest below him.

I'd rather give Terim or Deschamps a go and that's just off the top of my head.

What do you mean by reasonable budget btw? Because he had a reasonable budget at Man City outside of the top 4 and achieved very little in the Premiership.

mackems.gif

God you really think they would understand what we are after up here?   :rolleyes:

And you say a reasonable budget but it's not a top four budget, So if Keegan had a top four budget how would you think he'd do?

What are we after exactly?

This SA "bid" doesn't come across too well; talking itself up tends to smack of a weakness. I don't think these boys have that much money and that after an initial spending spree would have to run a tight ship. The money they put in for the bid may also include loans which will put the club in immediate debt.

The talk of getting KK back sounds good, short to medium term, giving him shares simply sounds mad.

I'd suspect KK isn't saying anything just yet is because he'd get into trouble if he did.

I think you and others similar are living in dreamland and if you think people want anything different to any other football fan throughout the country they you're wrong, people want a successful football team and don't care who's in charge, the only thing Keegan would get is time but judging by attendances at the beginning of the season that wouldn't last long.

How would he do with a top 4 budget? He'd maybe push for 5th, that's not because he's a brilliant manager but because he's able to outspend the rest below him.

Ah now there's the real reason you don't want keegan back, you just want to win things!

I want to be entertained and watch good flowing football! If we win something along the way then whoopie but it's not the main reason why I pay my money.

We did have a top four budget around the time Sir Les and Shearer were signed and that time we nearly won the title, and should have done. So I think if he had the money of Man u or Chelsea we would be right up there again, but his judgment needs to be backed but it wasn't and you are seriously blaming him for that?

You are the one living in a dreamworld if you think a turkish Terry Venables or The garlic dwarf would make such a huge difference!

Simon Clifford is a delusional joke of a man, btw.

Why's that then?

Thought that he could get Garforth Town to the Premiership in 20 years, with a combination of his friends and 'revolutionary' Brazilian soccer skills, which also have helped 2 notable players succeed (Micah Richards and John Bostock) with nothing else even approaching success despite having run these soccer schools for 10 years.

Did nothing of note at Southampton and apparently considered himself to be almost god-like in revolutionary thinking, but this translated to little on the pitch.

All talk, no action.

I think you and others similar are living in dreamland and if you think people want anything different to any other football fan throughout the country they you're wrong, people want a successful football team and don't care who's in charge, the only thing Keegan would get is time but judging by attendances at the beginning of the season that wouldn't last long.

Ah now there's the real reason you don't want keegan back, you just want to win things!

I want to be entertained and watch good flowing football! If we win something along the way then whoopie but it's not the main reason why I pay my money.

We did have a top four budget around the time Sir Les and Shearer were signed and that time we nearly won the title, and should have done. So I think if he had the money of Man u or Chelsea we would be right up there again, but his judgment needs to be backed but it wasn't and you are seriously blaming him for that?

You are the one living in a dreamworld if you think a turkish Terry Venables or The garlic dwarf would make such a huge difference!

I don't really care what football we play as long as it's winning football and some of the football under Keegan this time has been pretty dire, I think most football fans will think the same.

We were the biggest spenders in the country when Ferdinand and Shearer were here btw but that is a completely different era, if we're going to be spending money similar to Chelsea then the owners will want more than entertaining football that's for sure and will get a better manager to achieve that, these South African's don't look like they've got that sort of money so it doesn't matter anyway.

I'll not bother with your comments about Deschamps or Terim because they're not worth commenting on.

I don't really care what football we play as long as it's winning football and some of the football under Keegan this time has been pretty dire, I think most football fans will think the same.

We were the biggest spenders in the country when Ferdinand and Shearer were here btw but that is a completely different era, if we're going to be spending money similar to Chelsea then the owners will want more than entertaining football that's for sure and will get a better manager to achieve that, these South African's don't look like they've got that sort of money so it doesn't matter anyway.

I'll not bother with your comments about Deschamps or Terim because they're not worth commenting on.

This is what we all want, but you need to face facts! Keegans 1 player was Guthrie and he even said he was one for the future so hardly a 1st teamer in his eye's! I think Keegan expected as did we all that his targets would be followed through but they were totally ignored.  Ok we got a couple of quality players in Colo and Jonas but the rest are no better than what we already have.

The bulk of our current squad has seen many managers come and go and not one of them could get anymore out of them than what we are currently seeing, with the exception of Keegan of course.

Look towards the back end of last season and the beginning of this he got that piss poor excuse for a squad playing something half decent and yet only one player he has brought in himself.

I would be agreeing with you if he'd brought in 6-7 players he'd chosen but he wasn't allowed, and the main reason why he left.

Even though I rate Keegan very highly as a manager, I really, really don't want him back.

What I want in this club is stability, and Kevin Keegan is the last man on Earth that's going to give us that. We all know exactly what's going to happen the first time the new new board and "King Kev" disagree.

Billionaire Johann Rupert, a member of the South African businessmen who have been linked with a takeover of Newcastle United has spoken out against the rumours that he is interested in the north-east club as "fake".Rupert, who owns Swiss-owned luxury goods company Richemont, has rubbished reports he has eyes on succeeding Mike Ashley as owner at St James' Park.

Fellow South African Jonathan Cleland claims to have already spoken to former manager Kevin Keegan about a return to the club if a consortium he is heading is successful. But Rupert has denied he is one of the men involved in the bid saying: "I have never met Mr Cleland, never spoken to him on the phone and my secretary does not have a record of him calling.

"I haven't spoken to any of the other parties either. I don't know Mr Cleland, I have a preference for cricket and rugby. I don't know anything about football and I'm not a football man.

"I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke.

"If you Google me you find out I was supposed to be involved in Blackburn, which is untrue, and I'm now linked to Newcastle.

"I feel sorry for the fans because of the things that are going on there.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a fake."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7775/South_African_interest_in_Newcastle_United_is_fake.aspx

Guest doctorcamel

BONTEMPI I'm 100% with you and can't understand the arguments for bringing in yet another manager (who exactly?). The reason Keegan walked is simply because he is a fan of the club he loves. Look at Ramos - he has the same shite as Kev poured upon him from above, but he doesn't have the inclination to walk because he has no profound connection to, or love of, The Spuds.

BONTEMPI I'm 100% with you and can't understand the arguments for bringing in yet another manager (who exactly?). The reason Keegan walked is simply because he is a fan of the club he loves. Look at Ramos - he has the same s**** as Kev poured upon him from above, but he doesn't have the inclination to walk because he has no profound connection to, or love of, The Spuds.

The "he left us in the shit because he loves us theory."  :idiot2:

Besides, Ramos is Spanish. That's the way clubs work where he comes from.

Billionaire Johann Rupert, a member of the South African businessmen who have been linked with a takeover of Newcastle United has spoken out against the rumours that he is interested in the north-east club as "fake".Rupert, who owns Swiss-owned luxury goods company Richemont, has rubbished reports he has eyes on succeeding Mike Ashley as owner at St James' Park.

Fellow South African Jonathan Cleland claims to have already spoken to former manager Kevin Keegan about a return to the club if a consortium he is heading is successful. But Rupert has denied he is one of the men involved in the bid saying: "I have never met Mr Cleland, never spoken to him on the phone and my secretary does not have a record of him calling.

"I haven't spoken to any of the other parties either. I don't know Mr Cleland, I have a preference for cricket and rugby. I don't know anything about football and I'm not a football man.

"I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke.

"If you Google me you find out I was supposed to be involved in Blackburn, which is untrue, and I'm now linked to Newcastle.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7775/South_African_interest_in_Newcastle_United_is_fake.aspx

funny how, given all the talk about fraudulent nigerians, it turned out to be the respectable south african bid that was bullshit!

This is what we all want, but you need to face facts! Keegans 1 player was Guthrie and he even said he was one for the future so hardly a 1st teamer in his eye's! I think Keegan expected as did we all that his targets would be followed through but they were totally ignored.  Ok we got a couple of quality players in Colo and Jonas but the rest are no better than what we already have.

The bulk of our current squad has seen many managers come and go and not one of them could get anymore out of them than what we are currently seeing, with the exception of Keegan of course.

Look towards the back end of last season and the beginning of this he got that piss poor excuse for a squad playing something half decent and yet only one player he has brought in himself.

I would be agreeing with you if he'd brought in 6-7 players he'd chosen but he wasn't allowed, and the main reason why he left.

Who were Keegan's target that would have been so much better than we brought in? The only realistic players we were linked with that I would have said were Keegan's were Anton Ferdinand, Warnock and Sidwell, hardly better than what we've got are they? It seems the perfect excuse for Keegan that he takes all of the credit for the good times but doesn't get criticised for the bad times because it wasn't his squad.

I don't remember Keegan saying Guthrie was one for the future either, he only said that about Bassong iirc.

Btw the best football we've played in the last few years was at the end of the 2005/06 season when Roeder was caretaker.

funny how, given all the talk about fraudulent nigerians, it turned out to be the respectable south african bid that was bullshit!

Both of them are likely to be bullshit IMO, it'll be someone we've never heard of who hasn't done a running commentary all the way through the deal.

Both of them are likely to be bullshit IMO, it'll be someone we've never heard of who hasn't done a running commentary all the way through the deal.

I'm starting to fear the worst case scenario: there's actually nobody interested.

BONTEMPI I'm 100% with you and can't understand the arguments for bringing in yet another manager (who exactly?). The reason Keegan walked is simply because he is a fan of the club he loves. Look at Ramos - he has the same s**** as Kev poured upon him from above, but he doesn't have the inclination to walk because he has no profound connection to, or love of, The Spuds.

The "he left us in the shit because he loves us theory."  :idiot2:

Besides, Ramos is Spanish. That's the way clubs work where he comes from.

Keegan didnt leave us in the shit, he just left us. Sadly the foundations of the club appeared to be so weak it couldnt cope. Not sure thats Keegans fault.

Guest HamPeggotty

FOR f***s SAKE GIVE UP ON KEEGAN LEAVE HIM THE f*** ALONE HE HAS NOT SAID A WORD SINCE HE LEFT OR EVEN APOLOGISED TO THE FANS FFS YOU ARE LIKE BATTERED WIVES!?!??!

Jesus wept.

Apologies Tooj, but the fact some would still have him back tomorrow is beggers belief.

It hardly 'beggars belief' -  a fairly reasonable reaction from people who think a lot of Keegan I would have thought. Now if someone had suggested to me that Joe Kinnear would be anywhere near this club a couple of months back then I would certainly have said that beggars belief.

Good post. You even corrected their ignorance without claiming credit Helios  :coolsmiley:

That's what he told 5 live and where that article is from.

<snip>

Who were Keegan's target that would have been so much better than we brought in? The only realistic players we were linked with that I would have said were Keegan's were Anton Ferdinand, Warnock and Sidwell, hardly better than what we've got are they? It seems the perfect excuse for Keegan that he takes all of the credit for the good times but doesn't get criticised for the bad times because it wasn't his squad.

I don't remember Keegan saying Guthrie was one for the future either, he only said that about Bassong iirc.

Btw the best football we've played in the last few years was at the end of the 2005/06 season when Roeder was caretaker.

I disagree, we had a fantastic run at the end of that season, but we played much better football at the end of last.

I'm trying to get my brain around the idea of fake bids and fraudulent consortiums. I mean, what's the point?

"Hey, let's pretend to be an anonymous African consortium and make a fake bid for Newcastle United and say we'll bring Kevin Keegan back as manager/part-owner."

Like, why?

Seymour Pierce trying to get a few bids going? Hell, for all we know no one wants to own a mid-table club that requires an investment of several hundred million to make it into a top four contender and comes attached to a volatile bunch of fans with a messiah complex.

I think you're missing the point Baggio. It doesn't matter what quality of player we brought in, or wether they are better or worse than Keegans targets. The point is, they weren't Keegans targets, and he's the only man who should've been buying/selling players, working within the allocated budget of course.