Ashley wants $860m for NUFC.

Dokko

That Martin Samuel article is spot on to be honest, completely agree with most of it.

Especially that it is stupid to hope we get bought out by a mega-rich owner prepared to buy Robinho, because there are only so many Champions League places anyway, and we'll quickly get to the point where 5th is a failure and we're sacking good managers for finishing there again. Then the whole circus starts again.

I'm very disappointed that Ashley couldn't have shown some bollocks and just rode out these protests. They would have died down soon enough, he could have appointed a manager that fitted the system and we would have continued to progress.

Sadly he needed more than anything to be popular with the fans, and to have a beer with them at away games. That means he was never going to be able to make tough decisions against public opinion - and therefore his (correct) policy of gradual rebuilding could never work.

Good point.

Its a shame he didnt stay to find out that he wouldnt have been expected to make decisions based on what the majority wanted. All he had to do was explain his decisions and his actions.

Keegan got a lot of respect for coming out of the steps of SJP and explaining personally to fans about why he sold Andy, sorry Andrew Cole. If Ashley had done likewise - or even anyone else of the senior management, they would have been given the utmost repsect.

I think this could have been so so avoidable - if they had wanted it to be

Its more likely that he is asking for 480m euros which converts to around £380m.

That's still £150m too much, the club is worth no more than he paid for it + the loans. Everything else is the same.

Guest Brazilianbob

Its more likely that he is asking for 480m euros which converts to around £380m.

That's still £150m too much, the club is worth no more than he paid for it + the loans. Everything else is the same.

Agreed

He paid over the odds at the time when he spent £134 million to buy the club (that was a premium on share prices).  He paid off £70, er £80 million, er sorry he now claims £110 million in debt.  If we were in a similar position as when he bought us logically we'd be worth about £230 million.  But we're currently in a worse Footballing state, fans want him gone and we're managerless.  We probably are only worth about £200 million.  At best he could ask for a premium over and above our real worth, but a £180 million premium is just a little bit over the top :lol:

This is likely true IMO. I have a friend with an associate in Dubai, who apparently heard that one of the bell boys climbed the wall and peeked inside the lavvy window. Inside was none other than Mike Ashley wiping his arse with Special Edition Keegan print toilet roll.

This is likely true IMO. I have a friend with an associate in Dubai, who apparently heard that one of the bell boys climbed the wall and peeked inside the lavvy window. Inside was none other than Mike Ashley wiping his arse with Special Edition Keegan print toilet roll.

My window cleaner told me that window in dubai is on his round, and Mike Ashley was wiping his arse with Dennis Wise Tongue.

Guest johnson293

My window cleaner told me that window in dubai is on his round, and Mike Ashley was wiping his arse with Dennis Wise Tongue.

Nah, it would be the other way round surely??

Amazing when you think that all of this could have been avoided if ashley had just got rid of that little cockney twat and then put lambias, who knows fuck all about football, firmly in his place firmly in his place and told him to keep his mouth shut.

Unless ashley engineered the whole thing to cash in.

I was sympathetic reading the Ashley quote about fearing for his safety, but if this reported asking price is true, then he really is asking for trouble by pricing out any would - be buyers.

One day he paints a bad picture of the club, telling the world how we're in financial trouble, then three days later he's telling potential buyers we're worth double what he paid.

If he wants shot of the club and it's such a millstone around his neck, then he'll sell for a reasonable price.

I was sympathetic reading the Ashley quote about fearing for his safety, but if this reported asking price is true, then he really is asking for trouble by pricing out any would - be buyers.

One day he paints a bad picture of the club, telling the world how we're in financial trouble, then three days later he's telling potential buyers we're worth double what he paid.

If he wants shot of the club and it's such a millstone around his neck, then he'll sell for a reasonable price.

I am waiting to see whether all this is just jockeying for price on both sides. I would expect the Arabs to come back with a better price, and I would expect Ashley to sell for anything £250m+

If he doesn't then he obviously doesn't want to sell the club unless he gets a daft offer, which is being deceptive to say the least. Let's see.

He will appoint a manager and by the time the transfer window gets here he will still own the club, I reckon he is hoping time will heal the rift and we will just got on with it as we did for years with Fat Fred. His price is not the price of a man that is serious about selling, the Dubai thing is a smoke screen with a holiday being the real reason for being out there.

He will appoint a manager and by the time the transfer window gets here he will still own the club, I reckon he is hoping time will heal the rift and we will just got on with it as we did for years with Fat Fred. His price is not the price of a man that is serious about selling, the Dubai thing is a smoke screen with a holiday being the real reason for being out there.

:lol:

I just want Ashley to leave and for all this to get sorted and for this whole sorry episode to be over. Just want some stability for the future, I won't pay too much attention to the past.

I'll 2nd that mate.

Its just too much now. It needs to end

I just want Ashley to leave and for all this to get sorted and for this whole sorry episode to be over. Just want some stability for the future, I won't pay too much attention to the past.

I'll 2nd that mate.

Aye, i'm a Keegan fan and ideally he'd still be in charge, but we need to get the club sold, appoint a manager, and be able to concentrate on football again quickly.

Just sick of the whole thing.

I'll 2nd that mate.

Aye, i'm a Keegan fan and ideally he'd still be in charge, but we need to get the club sold, appoint a manager, and be able to concentrate on football again quickly.

Just sick of the whole thing.

Me four.

Guest Howaythetoon

If this is true the man's a complete cretin and taking the piss out of everyone. The club isn't worth anywhere near that figure. At best its worth £250m