Would O'Leary Be Such A Bad Choice?

Crumpy Gunt

Fucking hell.

Don't get me started on that self obssessed pug nosed wanker.

I'd not realized how grim things are up there if any of you think o'dreary is a good move.

I'm speechless

Not as vitriolic as I had expected.

Must try harder.

f***ing hell.

Don't get me started on that self obssessed pug nosed w*****.

I'd not realized how grim things are up there if any of you think o'dreary is a good move.

I'm speechless

O'Leary disgusts me.

Jokes aside i would rather have Souness.

I would rather have Denns Wise take over temporarily.

O'Leary is repulsive.

Fucking hell.

Don't get me started on that self obssessed pug nosed wanker.

I'm speechless

First instincts are usually the right ones. I've always thought he was a prick, but also a really shit manager.

f***ing hell.

I'm speechless

O'Leary disgusts me.

O'Leary is repulsive.

O'Leary, Bruce, Souness.  All names to make you vomit.  It's like asking if you'd prefer to be shot, stabbed or electrocuted.

Guest Brewcastle

f***ing hell.

I'm speechless

O'Leary disgusts me.

O'Leary is repulsive.

Souness? Stop joking. Then I prefer Roeder

Guest Chubby Jason

Why is there so much hate directed towards the man? His record is quite good; getting Leeds to the CL semi and finishing 6th (just missing out on 4th) with Villa are both great achievments.

I wouldn't want him as a full-time appointment but an expirienced Premierleague boss until we get a new one can surely only be a good thing?

Why is there so much hate directed towards the man? His record is quite good; getting Leeds to the CL semi and finishing 6th (just missing out on 4th) with Villa are both great achievments.

I wouldn't want him as a full-time appointment but an expirienced Premierleague boss until we get a new one can surely only be a good thing?

He's the footballing equivalent of fool's gold.  And I doubt he'd be a temporary appointment

Check where Leeds are now?O Leary is partly responsible for their current predicament with his ridiculous transfer policy,along with Ridsdale.

He's the footballing equivalent of fool's gold.  And I doubt he'd be a temporary appointment

Aye. Couple of wins towards the end of the season and he'd be kept on. Until we realised he was in fact shite, and started the whole process again...

IF there has to be a temp manager(and it is beginning to look as if this is going to be necessary), it has to be one who has loads of experience AND will be willing to step aside as soon as a new Board is in place ; O'Leary doesn't fill either of these categories for me.

Although it doesn't look glamorous, I would rather have someone who seems capable of steering the team clear of relegation, which, despite the optimistic comments to the contrary, is a very real prospect due mainly to the thin squad but also to the rock-bottom morale in the Dressing Room.

This would seem to bring the likes of Venables into the equation and whilst many on here object because of his origins, he DID succeed in keeping Boro up when asked by Robson to assist.

His coaching capabilities are beyond serious question, and that is what the club needs right now...sadly, I don't believe the club is going to be sold quickly, so there is a real chance of any decay becoming deeply-ingrained among both players and fans unless results are respectable.

IF there has to be a temp manager(and it is beginning to look as if this is going to be necessary), it has to be one who has loads of experience AND will be willing to step aside as soon as a new Board is in place ; O'Leary doesn't fill either of these categories for me.

Although it doesn't look glamorous, I would rather have someone who seems capable of steering the team clear of relegation, which, despite the optimistic comments to the contrary, is a very real prospect due mainly to the thin squad but also to the rock-bottom morale in the Dressing Room.

This would seem to bring the likes of Venables into the equation and whilst many on here object because of his origins, he DID succeed in keeping Boro up when asked by Robson to assist.

His coaching capabilities are beyond serious question, and that is what the club needs right now...sadly, I don't believe the club is going to be sold quickly, so there is a real chance of any decay becoming deeply-ingrained among both players and fans unless results are respectable.

I'm sure I remember some boro-supporting friends saying that his record there was no better than Robson's & it may have actually been worse than Robson's

Venables is well past it, and when he had it, and certainly wasn't anything extraordinary that's for certain. He's still living off Euro '96 which barring the Holland game England weren't actually that good in most games.

I can't say I'd want O'Leary but I'd certainly take him over Bryan Robson or Alan Curbishley.

Christ, what a choice.  I think I'd rather stick with Hughton. 

I can't see why Curbishley would want the job by the way - he left West Ham for the same apparent reasons that Keegan left, the club's imploding, the fans are in revolt, cockneys are persona non grata especially short or fat ones, plus I don't expect he's ever worked out of the London area.  The only thing that seems to link him with us is that he's out of work.