Would O'Leary Be Such A Bad Choice?

Crumpy Gunt

I can't say I'd want O'Leary but I'd certainly take him over Bryan Robson or Alan Curbishley.

Christ, what a choice.  I think I'd rather stick with Hughton. 

I can't see why Curbishley would want the job by the way - he left West Ham for the same apparent reasons that Keegan left, the club's imploding, the fans are in revolt, cockneys are persona non grata especially short or fat ones, plus I don't expect he's ever worked out of the London area.  The only thing that seems to link him with us is that he's out of work. 

To say Curbishley resigned is only half the story tbh. He was on the brink of getting sacked anyway due to his disastrous transfer dealings, shit man management, huge unpopularity with the fans, and generally being a glum arsehole. His "resignation" was a million miles from Keegans.

The only thing that seems to link him with us is that he's out of work. 

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/boys1.jpg

i can do that, gizza job!

only a matter of time...

Boys from the black & white stuff?

I'll get me coat

Guest MrSundlofer

Remember he was good at Leeds. Played good football. Woodgate, Bowyer, Kewell, Smith, Keane, Harte etc. Likes to play with young players.

But...

If we are going to replace Keegan we should look for a big name. Not managers from England; Bruce, Redknapp, Wise, Ince, O'Leary...

Guest guinness_fiend

Remember he was good at Leeds. Played good football. Woodgate, Bowyer, Kewell, Smith, Keane, Harte etc. Likes to play with young players.

But...

If we are going to replace Keegan we should look for a big name. Not managers from England; Bruce, Redknapp, Wise, Ince, O'Leary...

So what you mean is a foreign name that sounds shiny and exciting because none of us really know much about him?  I am sure that FC Twente were over the moon when they snagged an ex-England manager.

But...

And this foreign big name would come to us in the state we're in at the moment - why?

Guest guinness_fiend

Would be an absolutely horrific appointment.

A short-term contract until the end of the season would be fine with me.  That is what I thought should have happened with Keegan - use as a stopgap until a world class manager shows interest (although it would be difficult to attract one at the moment, without the promise of huge investment in the squad).

But...

And this foreign big name would come to us in the state we're in at the moment - why?

Because at least he won't walk  everytime we sign a player that he dosn't know about.

But...

Because at least he won't walk  everytime we sign a player that he dosn't know about.

are you kidding me? any manager with any pride would not put up with that.

I can't say I'd want O'Leary but I'd certainly take him over Bryan Robson or Alan Curbishley.

I can't see why Curbishley would want the job by the way - he left West Ham for the same apparent reasons that Keegan left, the club's imploding, the fans are in revolt, cockneys are persona non grata especially short or fat ones, plus I don't expect he's ever worked out of the London area.  The only thing that seems to link him with us is that he's out of work. 

To say Curbishley resigned is only half the story tbh. He was on the brink of getting sacked anyway due to his disastrous transfer dealings, shit man management, huge unpopularity with the fans, and generally being a glum arsehole. His "resignation" was a million miles from Keegans.

I think Curbishley did okay at West Ham. He took them out of a disastrous position when they looked certain to go down. Last year, he was very hampered by injuries but still took them to mid-table.

I don't think he'd want to come north, because he's very rooted in the London / Essex area, but his overall record is a good one.

Guest optimistic nit

Was given very little money at Villa, long term hell no, short term why not?

Hughton is out of his depth..

He's Llambias' mate so in all probability we'd be stuck with him long term, his whining bullshit, pug ugly face and shite football to boot.  Please God no.  

he was pretty well liked at spurs for chirsts sake.

and why is curbishley such a bad choice short term? charlton got relegated the season he left, and no manager was going to succeed with west hams setup.

i dont think he wants to be in the position he's in tbh He's not a manager, he's a coach. If we get a few bad results he'll start getting undeserved stick too. A manager needs to be put in place now before things get very messy.

Very little chance of that happening, considering Ashley already said he won't subsidise us anymore.

if the next couple of results dont go well, he will have to put someone in. I think it will be a temp manager, but someone needs to go in who knows the ropes. I think on a temp basis O dreary wouldnt be a total nightmare.

But...

No I don't mean that, I mean why would any self respecting big named manager come to us when we are in the state we are in now?

Until we're sold (which will take months) we will only have the choice of an O'Leary or Curbishley. God help us TBH.

I think Curbishley did okay at West Ham. He took them out of a disastrous position when they looked certain to go down. Last year, he was very hampered by injuries but still took them to mid-table.

I don't think he'd want to come north, because he's very rooted in the London / Essex area, but his overall record is a good one.

He was on the verge of getting sacked though. He wasted a lot of money on injury prone players, and doesn't seem to command a lot of respect in the dressing room from stories that ahave appeared in the press over the last year. Doesn't strike me as being the sort to lift a team short term if that's the case.

Is Hughton really that bad?

I mean what are you basing it on? Just the Hull game?

I know i am. Woefully inept management; dreadful selection, poor motivation, bad timing of substitutions... just massively out of his depth. Did you see the game?