Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The irony is that all the mismanagement, crap communication and incompetence accusations that NUSC are aiming at  Ashley apply ten fold to them.

Did the structured plan consider falling income from ST/match day income as the football declined?

The £20m subsidy would disappear leaving no money for squad improvement leading to a vicious circle.

Well the club is in turmoil and has been put up for sale. Why are you still expecting Ashley to subsidise the squad with £20m? That was his plan when he was sitting with the supporters as owner with KK in charge. Things have moved on quite a bit since then.

I was referring to the the "everything rosy" scenario pre-shitstorm - his alleged plan would have failed with falling match income leading to the £20m not being used for transfers.

How many members does this club have by the way? Why do they think they have anywhere near enough power to persuade the club's advertisers and sponsors - and we're talking the "main" ones here - to stop putting funds into the club (I repeat the club, not Mike Ashley)?

I think they claim to represent the fans so the numbers of members is dwarfed by the number who go to games and rightly or wrongly, they probably carry that number around with them for now.

Why don't you start your own supporters club then so you can complain about NUSC in the public arena, and keep supporting Ashley or whatever your views are?

Did the structured plan consider falling income from ST/match day income as the football declined?

The £20m subsidy would disappear leaving no money for squad improvement leading to a vicious circle.

Well the club is in turmoil and has been put up for sale. Why are you still expecting Ashley to subsidise the squad with £20m? That was his plan when he was sitting with the supporters as owner with KK in charge. Things have moved on quite a bit since then.

I was referring to the the "everything rosy" scenario pre-shitstorm - his alleged plan would have failed with falling match income leading to the £20m not being used for transfers.

But 'pre-shitstorm' things were going alright weren't they, so why do you assume falling match income?

The more I read that statement, the more nauseated I feel. It is an absolutely disgraceful piece of work, and the mongs/cretins who have thought that drivel up should be nowhere near a mouthpiece that fraudulantly claims to speak on behalf of Newcastle fans.

Really is infuriating!!  :angry:

But 'pre-shitstorm' things were going alright weren't they, so why do you assume falling match income?

Everones gate's are falling/not at capacity - do you think a mid-table team even with Keegan would get 52k every week in the current climate?

How many members does this club have by the way? Why do they think they have anywhere near enough power to persuade the club's advertisers and sponsors - and we're talking the "main" ones here - to stop putting funds into the club (I repeat the club, not Mike Ashley)?

I think they claim to represent the fans so the numbers of members is dwarfed by the number who go to games and rightly or wrongly, they probably carry that number around with them for now.

Why don't you start your own supporters club then so you can complain about NUSC in the public arena, and keep supporting Ashley or whatever your views are?

Because setting up anything that is likely to fall into the trap of thinking it represents the 'voice of the people' kinda disagrees with me.

I'll stick to the policy that anyone who hands me one of their leaflets/rants will will simply be told to fuck of, thanks.

is it me or is "NUSC" just a collaboration of .com/true faith/the mag and any tom dick or harry who agree's can send them money and have the privilege of being a member?

IIRC the flyer I got handed before Blackburn was basically just all anti-Ashley/pro-Keegan.  To me it just seems like a hastily set-up group in the wake of the events of the past month.

Thats about the top and bottom of it.

And the laughable arrogance of them agreeing to meet with future owners to speak on behalf of Newcastle supporters.

This organisation needs to be halted before they cause further lasting damage to our club.

I initially thought the NUSC was a good idea but I don't agree with what they have been saying in their recent press releases. Mike Ashley is looking for a buyer so why continue with the militant attitude to get rid of him? He's leaving when he can. If in the worst case scenario, Mike Ashley is still the owner in the new year we need him to improve the squad to keep us in the Premiership. All this crap about letters to sponsors and the like. Not in my name!

I'm not liking this anti-adidas stance like!

It follows out from that very well thought out, radical and earth moving pie boycott.

What next a boycott of holidays in the south of England and trips to London !

F@cking idiots. As Joe would say.

I'm not liking this anti-adidas stance like!

It follows out from that very well thought out, radical and earth moving pie boycott.

What next a boycott of holidays in the south of England and trips to London !

F@cking idiots. As Joe would say.

To be fair, you should be boycotting Adidas for the people it enslaves in asia, not the money it gives us to pay Owen's wages.

O0

Does this mean that everyone on the NUSC committee have binned all their Adidas gear, strips included, as they wouldn't want to be giving them any free advertising would they?

Does this mean that everyone on the NUSC committee have binned all their Adidas gear, strips included, as they wouldn't want to be giving them any free advertising would they?

With all the pies they're boycotting, they'll be downsizing on the shirt sizes anyway.

With all the pies they're boycotting, they'll be downsizing on the shirt sizes anyway.

Yup. And I guess the NUSC don't give a shit if the local vendors and cashiers and cleaners at the club's outlets and Shearer's Bar were soon out of a job.

This has been posted on toontastic by someone who's apparently on the committee.

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

come on guys. wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

:jesuswept:

This has been posted on toontastic by someone who's apparently on the committee.

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

:lol: what a load of tripe!!! the text in its entirety. I especially like the part where the writer points out one player by name, to make sure Xisco gets chucked in the Ashley/LL/Wise column of evil-doers.

i sincerely hope NUSC never gets off the ground, and that an alternative proper supporters club is formed when all this has blown over, and at a more peaceful and stable time.

Two. Short. Planks.

These people thrive on the drama, they're stirrers, why can't they just get back to the football? Ashley IS going to sell when he finds a buyer, there is no need for any protests, boycoutts, or any other kind of "pressure". The worst thing about all this is the attitude that they're the real fans wanting to "make a difference". :rolleyes: Arrogant nobs.

He also added this bit when someone replied that he was missing the point about people thinking it was a stupid press release.

So; the point i am missing is that the press statement in some peoples opinion was mis guided; others think it was badly constructed and some say that it doesnt represent their own thoughts so they might take their ball home and not let anyone play with it.

perhaps NUSC should be an organisation that represents the cuckoo masses then, sitting back while the big bird shits in its nest; does everything democratically and "chatters while Rome burns" calls an agm in leazes park to save the expense of hiring a meeting room and sits back and takes Ashley at his word.

If we keep the pressure on and Ashley doesnt get a buyer (highly likely in the current climate) he might just have to come back and listen to us the fans; ask us to call off the dogs and work together with him until the situation settles down and the money markets and money people come genuinely to table.

far fetched perhaps but no more so than people running around trying to get consortiums together or pursuade football people to rally behind their half baked ideas to buy the club as is happening with the nigerians and south africans

Can't believe the amount of grief that NUSC are getting? At no time (AFAIK) they have never said they are representative of the entire fan base. What they are doing is providing 'a voice', something which has been lacking for years. If folk are so against them - why not get off your arses and set up an alternative group? or would that be too much effort?

The problem is with NUFC, is that it's taken the loyalty of it's fan base for granted, for generations - all the way back to the Seymours, Westwoods, McKeags, etc. That has to stop and if NUSC (or a likeminded group) can help bring about this, then they have my support.

To the doubting Thomas' - either put up or shut up. Simple as.

Can't believe the amount of grief that NUSC are getting? At no time (AFAIK) they have never said they are representative of the entire fan base. What they are doing is providing 'a voice', something which has been lacking for years. If folk are so against them - why not get off your arses and set up an alternative group? or would that be too much effort?

The problem is with NUFC, is that it's taken the loyalty of it's fan base for granted, for generations - all the way back to the Seymours, Westwoods, McKeags, etc. That has to stop and if NUSC (or a likeminded group) can help bring about this, then they have my support.

An alternate group representing what? People want the drama to stop? Perhaps we should parade a big banner saying "no more drama", make chants about it, march in the street etc. It would sort of defeat the object.

We doing exactly what we should do, we're disagreeing, nothing wrong with that. They're inviting grief by releasing statements that they know some people are opposed to.

Not only do I oppose their statements and their stance, but the statements themselves are ridiculous and amateurish in content and smack of self-importance. To me personally the NUSC is more interested in ousting Ashley for getting rid of KK than in providing a voice and movement for the fans of the club. There is a massive difference between the two.