Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bruce would be a vast improvement to what we've got at the moment.

But he will never succeed without a bit of time and financial backing, something there is very little of at newcastle united these days....

The fact is there is only one man that could save this club, one man that would give fans hope, give us belief, one man who's presence in the dugout would bring a mass of noise. A man who would get the players playing, a man who would not stand for a lack of passion, he would demand 100%. we all know who he is, we all know though that he will never ever ever ever ever ever take the job while Ashley still owns the club.

That man ALAN SHEARER!

• 4 weeks later...

Although I'm aware of Ashley and Whelan relationship, if JFK can no longer continue in the role I'd say we need to make a move for Bruce, as he's the ideal candidate in the position we are currently in.

Guest prestonj1989

Although I'm aware of Ashley and Whelan relationship, if JFK can no longer continue in the role I'd say we need to make a move for Bruce, as he's the ideal candidate in the position we are currently in.

100% agree. Bruce is the ideal option. Come on Ashley do something good for the club.

That puzzled me a bit too, Whelan detests Ashley yet he was willing to deal with the club in January.

There are loads of reports of JJB Sports being in financial difficulties (bailiffs turning up, etc.), I don't think Whelan is in any position to be picky about who he does business with at the moment.

Steve Bruce would be perfect candidate for me for the following reasons:

- He will be willing to work with our current coaching staff which saves the club Money by not laying them off

- A lot of Premiership experience

- English and a Geordie - No problems settling and for me an instant honeymoon effect

- Put his heart and soul into it. Possibly could be his last move as a Manager as this is as high he can get IMO unless he would take a step down.  But i feel he would stay loyal to the club.

- Good in transfer market

- Great with the press

- Great man Management skills - i.e. Bramble, Melchiot, etc.

- Has his teams playing decent football.

- Compensation wouldn't be too much to pay to Wigan

Some Negatives though :

- Job could be too big for him

-Could be  Stuck in the mindset of a small club , buying small time players etc.

- He will be willing to work with our current coaching staff which saves the club Money by not laying them off

- English and a Geordie - No problems settling and for me an instant honeymoon effect

- Put his heart and soul into it. Possibly could be his last move as a Manager as this is as high he can get IMO unless he would take a step down.  But i feel he would stay loyal to the club.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

-Could be  Stuck in the mindset of a small club , buying small time players etc.

Would he want to work with Dennis Wise though?

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

He's working at a selling club at Wigan, I don't think he'd be that picky.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

Why though? He gets full control at Wigan, which he wouldn't here.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

He still has to sell players when his boss says so. Not much control over that. How many were there at Wigan on Saturday? 14,000? Well if he prefers that to managing his home town club in front of 50,000 geordies he should probably stay where he is.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

He still has to sell players when his boss says so. Not much control over that. How many were there at Wigan on Saturday? 14,000? Well if he prefers that to managing his home town club in front of 50,000 geordies he should probably stay where he is.

Of course that's the obvious pull. I'm just saying why would he want to report to Dennis Wise?

Still a no for me, with playes you can address weaknesses by simply looking for improvements on what we have becasue the options to imporve on them again is and should be a contiuos annual process, the same cant be said with managers, ideally you should be looking for the right man who will potentially be at the club for 10 years, not the man who is better than what weve got, which is a complex quite a few people seem to be suffering from.

For me Bruce isnt that man, he may be better than Jose but he's not the man to bring this club forward in the long run. Wigan is his only real success and we havent even seen the completion of that job.

Ill say it even though no one else wants to, we need to go foreign, there is so much talent out there which just isnt available in the PL, we need some new impetus and it wont come from these shores.

Deschamps is my number 1 choice, Zico would work the system well, we need an appointment that everyone can get behind.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

Of course that's the obvious pull. I'm just saying why would he want to report to Dennis Wise?

He doesn't have to if it's a problem, he can always stay at Wigan.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

You still haven't answered my question.

Still a no for me, with playes you can address weaknesses by simply looking for improvements on what we have becasue the options to imporve on them again is and should be a contiuos annual process, the same cant be said with managers, ideally you should be looking for the right man who will potentially be at the club for 10 years, not the man who is better than what weve got, which is a complex quite a few people seem to be suffering from.

For me Bruce isnt that man, he may be better than Jose but he's not the man to bring this club forward in the long run. Wigan is his only real success and we havent even seen the completion of that job.

Ill say it even though no one else wants to, we need to go foreign, there is so much talent out there which just isnt available in the PL, we need some new impetus and it wont come from these shores.

Deschamps is my number 1 choice, Zico would work the system well, we need an appointment that everyone can get behind.

You've done it again!

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

You want me to tell you what Steve Bruce might think?

You've done it again!

Its the only way to inject "culture" into our dear old manager. He's as about as exotic as a potato.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

I'm asking you why he would want to have to report into Dennis Wise.

- Put his heart and soul into it. Possibly could be his last move as a Manager as this is as high he can get IMO unless he would take a step down. But i feel he would stay loyal to the club.

- Great with the press

Some Negatives though :

-Could be Stuck in the mindset of a small club , buying small time players etc.

I'm asking you why he would want to have to report into Dennis Wise.

Bit of a leading question that Tooj, the question should really be "would he mind reporting to Wise (member of the board)?"

To answer your question - becasue Wise is a member of the board.