Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's an argument for him being the best English manager right now.

Not exactly much competition. (without meaning to play down Bruce's abilities)

Come to think of it, it's basically just him or Redknapp now isn't it? :lol:

I love the fact he isn't scared of buying directly from South America.

Palacios and Figueroa have been brilliant and cost panuts pretty much. The little I have seen of the striker they're bringing in has been good too. Valencia is also class but was brought in by Jewell I think.

Nice little South American flava they have going there now.

Not forgetting Big Sam  :lol:

There are a lot of managers like him who deliver great things for their clubs up to a point. Generally that means European fringes and early cup exits. We have different expectations and as FSA proved their success is not necessarily transported. The old argument is that they would do much better on a bigger budget but we can put that firmly to bed by now as it doesn't work that way and they end up spunking it over players they think are talented but really they are out of their depth buying player on skill rather than grunt.

Roy Hodgson?

Palacios and Figueroa have been brilliant and cost panuts pretty much. The little I have seen of the striker they're bringing in has been good too. Valencia is also class but was brought in by Jewell I think.

Except Honduras is in central America ;)

Surprised how easily the 2 Hondurans made the step from the Honduran league to the `mighty` premier league so easily.......been class for them along with Valencia. They`ve just bought a Colombian player also recently and by all accounts he looks canny

Surprised how easily the 2 Hondurans made the step from the Honduran league to the `mighty` premier league so easily.......been class for them along with Valencia. They`ve just bought a Colombian player also recently and by all accounts he looks canny

Just goes to show that there are good players everywhere as long as you're willing to look for them.

I wonder who's doing Wigan's scouting?

Just goes to show that there are good players everywhere as long as you're willing to look for them.

I wonder who's doing Wigan's scouting?

our former scout believe it or not, Wes Saunders

Bruce said about Zaki: "

"I was recommended him by Wes Saunders, the former Newcastle scout, and that's where it started. A lot of people mocked me but I went out there and saw him score two and I had no hesitation"

Most clubs are put off because of W/P problems & wait until the have EU status.

and the theory that South Americans aren`t suited to the EPL as it`s too physical for them, don`t like the weather, lazy etc........but seems in the last 2 seasons or so premier league clubs have become a little more `adventurous` buying from there finally.

Roy Hodgson?

Fair shout.  Hodgson never gets a mention when you're talking about good managers because he doesn't have friends in Fleet Street.  Much the same with the likes of Coppell.

I remember at how gutted I was at the Bruce rumour when SBR was sacked really did not want him anywhere near us, but now here I am voteing YES to have him here now. I am not sure if thats because we are in such a mess and doubt we could get anyone better or if its because Bruce always seems to do well with whatever team he manages, Wigan are paying really good stuff and he found some real gems to sign too.

Maybe it is his turn to have a go here.

We have to hire who can be patient with in the long term Ashley projest it seems like he want to develop the youngsters and have a good team in 4 or 5 years the manger we have next should kept us in the league and develop this youngsters to bear some fruit. I go with experiance foreign manger but if we need british I think Bruce will shade it.

Woudln't have touched him with a barge pole years ago - but now I' be happy with the likes of SB (or Roy Hogson for that matter).  The reason being we're not top 4 contenders any more so we need to be built up again and get into the top half which I reckon SB could do - once he's taken us as far as he can, we should look to go to the next level.

I think if we scrapped the system and offered him the job (with some funds to go with it), he wouldn't hesitate to take it. And i'd be chuffed, it'd be a very good appointment. As someone already said, you know exactly what you'll get, and maybe a little bit more if he could flourish at a big club like ours. Which i also think he'd do.

Would love to see him as our manager.