Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest getalife

Mourihno will come here...... Think about it, he's coming back to the Premiership regardless, where's he going to go? ManU aside, this is the perfect club for him to come back to in English football. Maybe not the next manager, but by the time he comes back.......

Mourihno will come here...... Think about it, he's coming back to the Premiership regardless, where's he going to go? ManU aside, this is the perfect club for him to come back to in English football. Maybe not the next manager, but by the time he comes back.......

love to see it happen but tbh he will end up at a team where money is available so he can compete with the top dogs and imho i dont think Ashley has the same ambition as the fans.

Haha, as crazy as it sounds Ive always thought the same, in my opinion there are only 2 jobs that look available in the prem that I think he'd take, one of them being Man City and the other being us.

We know that he still has strong link with SBR and again, he's a major backer for this club, i think he also has spoken kind words about us as a club whlst he was at Chelsea.

love to see it happen but tbh he will end up at a team where money is available so he can compete with the top dogs and imho i dont think Ashley has the same ambition as the fans.

He hasn't the money either.

He's been at Wigan for just about a year and there's all this hype. He took Birmingham up but also took them down, by the way. And, they were looking to go down a second time when he left for Wigan.

We've seen managers have a few good years at a small club and then just totally capitulate when they get a bigger job; I think Bruce will go the same way. Curbishley was everyone's darling for about 10 years and look at the job he did when he finally got some money at West Ham.

I have been really impressed with Roy Hodgson at Fulham this past year.

I'm impressed with their results as well but his style of playing is the most boring I've ever seen...especially away from home where he doesn't even try to win games!

Arsene Wenger said managing Newcastle United would be an interesting challenge. It's a shame other top class managers don't think like that. Most of them would only swap like for like i.e. They've managed a big club like Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan, etc and will now only consider managing another club of that stature.

Arsene Wenger said managing Newcastle United would be an interesting challenge. It's a shame other top class managers don't think like that. Most of them would only swap like for like i.e. They've managed a big club like Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan, etc and will now only consider a club of that stature.

I'd love to see Wenger here but it takes like 2 years at thge least to get rid of all the deadwood before even thinking of trying to adapt his style of playing to our player material!

walk right up to bobby robson and ask him who the new manager should be in his honest opinion given the state the club is currently in - do what it takes to get whoever that is and stick by them for five years

gotta be better than what we've been doing for the last 15 years, surely?

to fredbob & philk - are you both shitfaced or something?

mourihno?

His next move is the prem. Realisitaclly speaking who's jobs could be available when he moves (which im assuing wont be long).

Out the top 8 clubs who have the potential to "dominate" the league  in terms of taking the top 8 places consistently (in my opinion) id say tere will be 4 available.

Possibly Liverpool with the ownership issue

Man City with the Mark Hughes isses

Spurs with a potentially struggling Harry issue

and us with our Kinnear issue.

Those are the only 4 clubs who i see having jobs avalialbe in the next year or 2.

Id say we would be the 3rd team he'd be likley to join if all of those clubs were availabale. I still ike those odds, im sure he's praised us in the pastm, and he still has major links with SBR which shows he still takes his advice from time to time.

Whatever you say, i refuse to beleive that the possiblity,as minscule as it is, isnt there. 

walk right up to bobby robson and ask him who the new manager should be in his honest opinion given the state the club is currently in - do what it takes to get whoever that is and stick by them for five years

You're probably getting at this and I'm being dense but Robson said we should go for Steve Bruce a few times in the last year or so..

You're probably getting at this and I'm being dense but Robson said we should go for Steve Bruce a few times in the last year or so..

DID HE?

fuckity fuck fuck fuck

still, hoist by my own petard i suppose

José is at Internazionale. Before that, you know where. Don't be delusional.

Maybe so, but I dont think its a stone cold impossibilty. In which case the only club in the premiership who he'll go to are Man City or Liverpool?

to fredbob & philk - are you both shitfaced or something?

mourihno?

His next move is the prem. Realisitaclly speaking who's jobs could be available when he moves (which im assuing wont be long).

Out the top 8 clubs who have the potential to "dominate" the league  in terms of taking the top 8 places consistently (in my opinion) id say tere will be 4 available.

Possibly Liverpool with the ownership issue

Man City with the Mark Hughes isses

Spurs with a potentially struggling Harry issue

and us with our Kinnear issue.

Those are the only 4 clubs who i see having jobs avalialbe in the next year or 2.

Id say we would be the 3rd team he'd be likley to join if all of those clubs were availabale. I still ike those odds, im sure he's praised us in the pastm, and he still has major links with SBR which shows he still takes his advice from time to time.

Whatever you say, i refuse to beleive that the possiblity,as minscule as it is, isnt there. 

would depend on his motive only though, obviously - he patently wants the CL again and if he wins that i thought he was headed to the portugal job?

he'd only come if he fancied a total rebuilding job somewhere and i'm not sure he'd have the stomach for that again myself, maybe the desire is a better way of putting it? 

he's done it before i just don't see him doing it again as much as i'd like him to 'cause he'd basically have to repeat his porto trick of success on a shoestring after years of spending like a loon

Mourinho?

Stop. Talking. Shite.

i know, it's mental - i just realised i got dragged into it a bit there!! :lol:

:lol:

Dont you forget it either - its infectious, i think people call it optimism. We've pulled off equally big things in our past so its not like htere isnt a precedent of this sort of thing at the club.

There seems to be so much self loating on this forums its unreal. Its like the person you hate who's always putting themselves down only so that they fish for complimnets.

Its sickens me quite frankly - surely theres someone there who can also see the tiniest shred of light that i can regarding Jose.

Im not saying its a possilbilty, I'm sayin its not an impossibility.

My basis for all this is that i can categorically say that we have already interested some decent claibre of manager even with the past 4 years of shit.

Or am i talking shit?

• 2 weeks later...