Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just want to say that there will always be a good manager available. The key is to come up with a good offer hard to refuse. Isn't that the same with Michael Owen? The main reason why he came here was for the money and Newcastle outbid liverpool to get Owen. So the major factor is money.

Although this is correct, have you not noticed the trend that Ashley is setting? which is to spend as little as possible? - Your theory of bringing in a better manager than Steve Bruce hinges on money yet our current agenda seems to be cut costs and spend little, so wouldn't this mean we can't get a better manager?

Who would you say is obtainable and better than Bruce by the way?

There are many managers actually.

It's very hard but I think it's not impossible: get Martin O'Neil. He's a very good manager, he knows what he's doing and is under-rated.

Personally I think Ashley should instead throw in more money rather than cut costs. He'd need to spend more if he'd expect to get top-class players. Rarely do they go on the cheap.

I can't even begin to comprehend how you can seriously believe that is currently possible.

Unreal ...

The media "lolz we should win the league and deserve the best players/managers ever!!11!!" stereotype of Newcastle fans is generally garbage, but there's always a few. MON in the current situation. Good one. Almost had me there.

Okay you cunts, I am pissed but I picked up the morning papers:

S.Bruce will quit Wigan in the summer if he is offered his DREAM job. SB close pals says he regrets turning down the Toon job 4 years ago. JFK wants to go back to London. Toon Supporters would love to see the back of JFK.

SOURCE:THE PEOPLE

Dunno, Wigan weren't that impressive against us on days when we weren't very good.  That Bassong decision in particular was absolutely ridiculous.

From those fixtures, it was four points to them, one to us. Turn that around and they'd only have two more points than us, the disaster that is Toon 08/09. Would that be significant? Remember our season has been decimated by off-field turmoil and injuries to a paper thin squad (thanks Mike). Cacapa starting in midfield for those with short memories. At this stage, this sounds like people bigging up Allardyce all over again. A lot of fuss over not all that much substance.

Bruce has signed some good uns, but lets see where they are at the end of the season. You could have said all sorts about Phil Brown and Hull before Christmas, but their form has nosedived and he's gone and publically humilated his lads. His stock has fallen very quickly.

Steve Bruce as Man United manager is simply in his dreams. There is no way they would appoint such a minor figure from outside their club. He has no experience of the CL or handling Rooney Ronaldo level players.

Valencia raped the shit out of us that game. Like most recently we spurned any chance we had then lowered our kegs the minute we conceded.

Bruce would be as good an appointement as we could manage right now, IF we stay up and someone how sneak into the Intertoto he might consider us, in turn I might dig into my pocket to consider him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Steve Bruce would quit Wigan for Newcastle manager's job

EXCLUSIVE Steve's eyeing his dream job

By Scott Piecha And Alan Oliver

Steve Bruce would quit Wigan in the summer if he is offered his dream job as Newcastle manager.

Latics boss Bruce is frustrated at seeing his star men being targeted by the big boys of European football.

He is also fed up with the struggle to attract new players and fears he has taken the club as far as he can, having saved them from relegation last season.

Close pals say Geordie Bruce regrets turning down the Toon job four years ago and has set his sights on taking over from Joe Kinnear at the end of the season.

Kinnear, barracked by Toon fans yesterday during the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn, claims he has been offered a new two-year deal at Newcastle, but it is believed he favours a return to London.

Wigan are set to lose star man Wilson Palacios to Spurs for £14million, and Antonio Valencia is wanted by Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Bruce is unable to stop the pair leaving in the January window and knows others will follow at the end of this campaign.

Emile Heskey is out of contract in July, allowing him a free transfer, and Amr Zaki is unlikely to sign a permanent deal.

Kinnear has told close friends he is unlikely to extend his stay at St James' Park. That would allow Bruce to again make a claim to become boss of his boyhood club.

Toon supporters would love to see the back of Kinnear and although an amazing return of Kevin Keegan or legend Alan Shearer would be the dreams of most fans, Bruce would be welcomed with open arms.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=steve-bruce-would-quit-wigan-for-newcastle-manager-s-job%26method=full%26objectid=21050989%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Why would Steve Bruce want to come here under the current regime?

I know he's a local lad and everything, but we're an absolute mess.

The article on the previous page is suggesting these reasons...

"Wigan are set to lose star man Wilson Palacios to Spurs for £14million, and Antonio Valencia is wanted by Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Bruce is unable to stop the pair leaving in the January window and knows others will follow at the end of this campaign.

Emile Heskey is out of contract in July, allowing him a free transfer, and Amr Zaki is unlikely to sign a permanent deal."

Given that he will have some of that money to look at buying new players, I would have thought that staying at Wigan would have seemed more of an attractive offer.

Can he not slyly sell them all to us on the cheap before defecting?

Very Fabio Capello.

You're thinking of Kinnear. ;)

Nar man, before he left Roma a lot of the team got sold on then he suddenly went to Juve. :lol:

I'm fairly sure i was speaking to the Journo who wrote that story about Bruce wanting to come here in the people. I met him on a train between Blackburn and Manchester after the match, he said he used to write for the Sunday Sun in the north east and was a journo for the people.

Can't remember his name because i was too pissed.

never wanted him....until after the beating by rovers!

please come home, brucie....you are everything we need at the moment!

We need to spend some years on building a solid squad....you have pl experience and you true feelings for this club!

Ashley go get him.....he would love to come....under the right circumstances...like many others would!

Bruce is the kind of man for Ashley, buy in cheap players and sell for a profit, we would become the Prem feeder club.

Well...we would also benefit from that in the long run! After a few bargain buys and sells it would improve our finances a lot and maybe Ashley would be willing to invest some of the profit for already proven players who improve the first team straight away instead of coaching them at youth level first

Bruce is the kind of man for Ashley, buy in cheap players and sell for a profit, we would become the Prem feeder club.

Well...we would also benefit from that in the long run! After a few bargain buys and sells it would improve our finances a lot and maybe Ashley would be willing to invest some of the profit for already proven players who improve the first team straight away instead of coaching them at youth level first

Or he will just pocket the money and keep running us into the ground.