Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is like final dance at the end of the night where the bong eyed 18 stone heffa finally pulls.

Desperate fuks.

Ah well, a roof over your head in a strange city is sometimes worth the shame.

You want to suck on Steve Bruce's bent nose, shame doesn't come in to it you dirty whore!  :laugh:

He's got Wigan playin some good football this season.  Made them into a decent outfit.

I'd take Bruce over the likes of O'Leary and Curbishley anyday.

Just hit lucky with a couple of signings IMO. Blackburn looked good under Souness when they got promoted.

So Terim, Zico and Deschamps effectively openly put there names to the job and yet we're still considering the likes of Steve Bruce as 'our only viable option' because we're so in the shit.

Sounds like self pitying to me. I know things are bad - but i honestly dont think they are as bad as people are making out, Keegan is replaceable.

Guest Stephen927

He'd be crazy to come here.

He's building a decent team with Wigan, signed some good players and they look a very respectable outfit. I don't think he'd want to leave what hes building there.

He's building a decent team with Wigan, signed some good players and they look a very respectable outfit. I don't think he'd want to leave what hes building there.

Which proves how much of a "Geordie" he is. Can't think of many genuine locals passing up the chance to manage their hometown club in favour of Wigan. I bet he'd crawl over broken glass to Old Trafford though.

Hes good.

I'd want him if i was a newcastle fan

based on what? persuade me...

Turned Wigan around from being totally doomed to relegation under Chris Whatshisface to staying up before the last day, bought some good players on a shoestring like Palacios, Zaki, Figueroa, Kapo etc

I reckon they will finish comfortably mid-table this season,  maybe top half

Did a pretty good job at Birmingham too.  I know they got relegated but it wasn't straight away, they had a couple of decent seasons before the relegation one and he got them back up at the first time of asking. Last season they didn't  look like they'd go down to  me under Bruce, when McLeish took over they weren't as good and paid the price.

I think he's an underrated manager.

Would be hard for any club to get him though since Dave Whelan is such a prick, he'd ask for something daft like £10m compensation and actually mean it.

Hes good.

Turned Wigan around from being totally doomed to relegation under Chris Whatshisface to staying up before the last day, bought some good players on a shoestring like Palacios, Zaki, Figueroa, Kapo etc

Did a pretty good job at Birmingham too.  I know they got relegated but it wasn't straight away, they had a couple of decent seasons before the relegation one and he got them back up at the first time of asking. Last season they didn't  look like they'd go down to  me under Bruce, when McLeish took over they weren't as good and paid the price.

Would be hard for any club to get him though since Dave Whelan is such a prick, he'd ask for something daft like £10m compensation and actually mean it.

Bruce strikes me as being a 'signings' manager, a bit like Souness although that's a harsh comparison. I never really saw a definitive Steve Bruce style of play evolve, in fact at Birmingham it was pretty basic. When you watch a side led by Martinez, or Mowbray at West Brom, their influence is obvious. With Bruce, there's a nagging feeling it just depends if he strikes lucky with a couple of transfers. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice, but I'm just not convinced.

Hes good.

Bruce strikes me as being a 'signings' manager, a bit like Souness although that's a harsh comparison. I never really saw a definitive Steve Bruce style of play evolve, in fact at Birmingham it was pretty basic. When you watch a side led by Martinez, or Mowbray at West Brom, their influence is obvious. With Bruce, there's a nagging feeling it just depends if he strikes lucky with a couple of transfers. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice, but I'm just not convinced.

The managers influence is always more obvious when they set a team up to play attacking football because so few people do it. That brings it's own problems though, Mowbray for example is a decent manager but his teams leak goals like a sieve.

Even if you're right and Bruce's success is dependent on signings, he still has to motivate those good players he signs and get them to fit into a team unit. Look at Spurs for an example of good players that aren't being coached properly.

Bruce wouldn't be the big name that would excite fans but he'd be a safe pair of hands at worst and potentially a real success imo.

Which proves how much of a "Geordie" he is. Can't think of many genuine locals passing up the chance to manage their hometown club in favour of Wigan. I bet he'd crawl over broken glass to Old Trafford though.

Get real will ya, the club is in a fooking mess. Only the slightly insane or unemployed are going to come here. Any manager in the world would take the Man Utd. Thats life.

He would hike the money up because that is what Birmingham did to him when he signed Bruce.

Bruce did struggle for a few years when Mark Bowen left him to join Mark Hughes as number 2 but Eric Black (one of them good number 2, shite bosses) has been good for Bruce.

I'm with 1878. i, like many newcastle fans, have always had a strong aversion to Bruce, but he's impressed me of late; his signings seem to show an understanding of the english game rather than 'striking lucky'.

Great players on a meagre budget as well as saving a shitty wigan side from relegation says a lot about his quality. He's a decent manager imo, okay hes never going to get us pushing for the top 5, but let's be realstic...can we really attract that calibre of manager in our current plight?

No. Exactly.

People need to sweep their vendettas and biases under the couch for the minute, i mean with the shite-shower of names being hurled at us Steve Bruce wouldn't be as much of an abomination as many of you are making out.

Get real will ya, the club is in a fooking mess. Only the slightly insane or unemployed are going to come here. Any manager in the world would take the Man Utd. Thats life.

Don't expect any level-headedness from me on this one. I still bear a grudge with Bruce when he was asked a long time ago who he'd be rooting for in a match between Newcastle and Man U. He gave an incredulous look and said " My Man U of course!"

Sacrilege.

Don't expect any level-headedness from me on this one. I still bear a grudge with Bruce when he was asked a long time ago who he'd be rooting for in a match between Newcastle and Man U. He gave an incredulous look and said " My Man U of course!"

Sacrilege.

Fairpoint.

Sacrilege.

"I have exercised the demons!"