Let's talk about Steve Bruce... (Vote again)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ironically it was Souness who tried to install a new midfield at the club. He bought the right type of player in Parker and Emre but for whatever reason they simply didn't add up, although they would both walk into our midfield today, that's how s**** ours is.

Parker would walk into the midfield, Emre wouldn't as he'd be injured.

He'd hobble in.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ironically it was Souness who tried to install a new midfield at the club. He bought the right type of player in Parker and Emre but for whatever reason they simply didn't add up, although they would both walk into our midfield today, that's how s**** ours is.

Parker would walk into the midfield, Emre wouldn't as he'd be injured.

Eeven unfit he'd be more effective than Butt.

I'd take Bruce in a heartbeat and i've been saying that for a while now. Good manager - good communicator and motivator and very shrewd in the transfer market aswell. People go on about what a good job Kinnear has done steadying the ship (relegation zone at New Year :thup: ), but Bruce is actually the master at this. You can complain about the lack of ambition and whether or not he'll take us to the next step, but stability is what we crave right now and Bruce has the right credentials to sort us out. And i think he'd come if we offered it him.

Plus, the whole 'will he take us to the next step' thing, he's never had a chance to anywhere else in his career. Brum and Wigan, small-time clubs who've pushed above their weight with him. He could be another Allardyce appointment for us (giving a successful manager a chance at a big club), only this time actually be a good coach.

Weve had so many managers and the results much the same.

I would conclude at this point that the choice of manager is largely irrelevant as there is a much larger malaise in the club and has been for some time.

Bruce better than any of the others, I dont think so.

What about Sven? Too far out of our reach?

My guess is he would demand too high a salary than we will be prepared to pay

Apparently Keegan was on £3.5 million a year and I can't see Sven demanding more than that, even if he did earn more with England.

Eeven unfit he'd be more effective than Butt.

My dead grandmother would be more effective than Butt.

NEWCASTLE SIGN NANI!

http://locksparkfarm.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/granny-1-reduced.jpg

I'd take Bruce in a heartbeat and i've been saying that for a while now. Good manager - good communicator and motivator and very shrewd in the transfer market aswell. People go on about what a good job Kinnear has done steadying the ship (relegation zone at New Year :thup: ), but Bruce is actually the master at this. You can complain about the lack of ambition and whether or not he'll take us to the next step, but stability is what we crave right now and Bruce has the right credentials to sort us out. And i think he'd come if we offered it him.

Plus, the whole 'will he take us to the next step' thing, he's never had a chance to anywhere else in his career. Brum and Wigan, small-time clubs who've pushed above their weight with him. He could be another Allardyce appointment for us (giving a successful manager a chance at a big club), only this time actually be a good coach.

I honestly think he would do a good job and I also think he'd stick around, we need some stability and I think he could give us that while doing a good job at the same time.

He wouldn’t be a popular choice with some people but I think he could change people’s perception of him.

A brick is better than Kinnear.

After some thought you're right, a brick would not be able to put Nicky Butt in the starting 11.

Ironically Bruce is one of the few managers who actively target Butt in the transfer window. This is why I'm still not convinced Bruce hasn't just got lucky with a couple of good signings this season.

I honestly think he would do a good job and I also think he'd stick around, we need some stability and I think he could give us that while doing a good job at the same time.

He wouldnt be a popular choice with some people but I think he could change peoples perception of him.

Right, so he has to come in and win atleast a game. Shouldn't be too much of a task.

Yes, I would.  Now that Ashley's not selling, we should bring in a permanent manager.  Steve Bruce, a geordie, and at least a decent manager, i think he's what we need, being realistic.

I'd also have said no, a few years ago.  But I think since then, obviously we're in a worse position, and i also have more faith in him, with him also doing quite well at Wigan.

Yes, I would.  Now that Ashley's not selling, we should bring in a permanent manager.  Steve Bruce, a geordie, and at least a decent manager, i think he's what we need, being realistic.

Agree with this.

Just realised that, personally, my two ideal candidates are Bruce and Shearer. Two Geordies. Ha.

(I've always been against the whole 'Geordie Nation!' thing, that seemed to crop up at the tail-end of the Shepherd era).

Ironically Bruce is one of the few managers who actively target Butt in the transfer window. This is why I'm still not convinced Bruce hasn't just got lucky with a couple of good signings this season.

He might see him for what he is and just want him out of here at any cost.  :lol:

dont want him!

lets talk shearer instead or mancini for that matter! we need long term manager who doesnt get sacked after 15 bad matches!

LONG TERM.....with our squad it will take 1-2 seasons time before we will be able to play proper football again. we have so many s... players in our squad that has to leave. we have to start all over again. at least 7 "first team players" have to leave.

its a long process which does happen in this window....therefore we should buy young promising central midfielders with potentiel for the future....players which probably would suite the next manager we get....and personally i dont want bruce. We need high profil manager with a name for himself like shearer or mancini to attract players....because they dont come by themself anymore.

some of the young french midfielders we have been linked with sounds interesting...without knowing much about them!

michael jacobsen from my team Aab in Denmark would be good as cover for LB and CB...price around 3mill.