Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

Guest elbee909

I keep reading NVA as NWA and it's making me feel like an enormous racist.

What's wrong with 'Newcastle With Attitude'?  Straight Outta Jesmond, what a song.

Whatever happend to the Sultan of Brunei eh? Wasn't he supposedly a fan back in the Keegan (original manager) days after we held a training camp there.

Surely his wayward brother hasn't spend all the money on cencept cars and carparks

From Wiki...

The prince is accused of spending about US$14.8 billion of Brunei’s money on personal investments and roughly another US$13.8 billion for unknown purposes.

In accordance with a settlement agreement signed in 2000, the prince began to return his assets to the state, including more than 500 properties, both in Brunei and abroad, more than 2,000 cars, more than 100 paintings, five boats, and nine aircraft

I hope one of the other parties is Ambani.

Same here. I'd rather have the 6th richest man in the world (who is supposedly a Newcastle fan - but you'd have to wonder why) than a consortium. A Consortium won't always agree with each other.

we arent really in a position to be picky though. Lets just get someone in and get a gaffer in place. If thats KK so be it. He started the season ok and i dont think the new guys will make the same mistake as the old lot. And if the give him a few bob too spend as well, happy days.

Agree but if there are "several interested parties" we can hope we get the one who will be the best for the club (whoever that may be).

Btw you do realise Shola will never leave if the nigerians with assets get the club

I was thinking more Martins but what ever floats your boat.

This is all a smokescreen to ensure Martins can't hide from his national team duties :lol:

Oh I want martins to stay no question but if that clown is still here no thanks

Shola will be here forever man just accept it.

He's goin to end up having a statue of himself put up just outside SJP, he won't stop until he gets it...

Oh I want martins to stay no question but if that clown is still here no thanks

Shola will be here forever man just accept it.

He's goin to end up having a statue of himself put up just outside SJP, he won't stop until he gets it...

He's been impersonating one most of his career.

Am I the only person a bit worried about this?

Ashley was prepared to put in £20m of his own money every year on top of what the club generated itself, and everyone said that was not enough.

The Nigerian spokesman said they still needed to find £100m, but were hopeful of getting it. But it sounds as though after that the club has to be self sustaining i.e. no more money coming in net from outside.

Whilst the ultimate aim is for the club to be self sustaining, it needs considerable investment over a number of years to get anywhere close to that - look at Liverpool and Chelsea - CL fixtures and winners/finalists and still nowhere near self sustaining.

Guest johnson293

What I find strange is that the spokesman for the Nigerians keeps talking about them raising the asing price (circa £400m +) to 'close the door' on any bid from the Arabs - yet word coming out of the middle east is that Ashley has 'burnt his bridges' over there anyway, due to his conduct and treatment of their reported £200m offer.

Still unsure why the Nigerians seem so willing to pay the alleged £400m+, when other reports suggest the actual price is (now) nearer £250m. ???

If its true they are raising that kind of money, I'd rather they were trying to bid a more realistic price, and keeping some of it back from Transfers, etc.

However, until any of this is reported as 'Fact' by the NUFC (after all, they like their facts), then I'll just treat it as more speculation.

if true - £350m-£400m. fuck me, pure greed. clear that ashley's pulling another sports direct here, selling for way over a reasonable price and fucking over a large number of people in the proces. as back then, a number of interested parties were willing to pay silly money to get in on an intriguing enterprise and ashley is exploiting them. and good for him tbh, but dont let anyone tell you he has the good of the club at heart.

as for the nigerians, i thought theyd have a bit more sense than that. it could either suggest the entirety of money raised is going on acquiring the club, hugely disappointing as at a more reasonable price theyd have a lot more put aside to invest in the club itself. or it could mean they've got shitloads of oil cash lying around and want to move it on asap and gain a bit of legitimacy and prestige in the process.

but ultimately, good news, if true, that the limbo situation is closer to being sorted out, which should help our prospects for the coming season.

Consortium?-8 people wanting a say in this and that-wont work

It's working for the Mackems. Apparently it's 4 Nigerian businessmen who don't want to be named yet, Nathaniel is just the spokesman.

No matter where you're from you don't become someone capable of buying a Premiership football club if you don't have some business nouse. If they're willing to throw £400m-£450 million at the club then they must have got wind of interest from other parties as SSN are reporting.

The most important thing at the minute is to get someone in as soon as possible so we can avoid relegation. If it is the Nigerian group then i'll give them a chance rather than look down on them with scorn because some racist notion at the back of my mind tells me that Nigerian's can't be trusted, unlike some people on here.

Why do the Nigerians keep talking about it in the press and talking about how much money they are raising.  There have been some comments that Ashley is willing to take less than the figures quoted last week and if that is true then saying they are trying to pay the original asking price is just daft.  Surely, they should be trying to raise the finance discreetly and then negotiate.  All seems a bit strange to me.

Guest icemanblue

Consortium?-8 people wanting a say in this and that-wont work

It's working for the Mackems. Apparently it's 4 Nigerian businessmen who don't want to be named yet, Nathaniel is just the spokesman.

No matter where you're from you don't become someone capable of buying a Premiership football club if you don't have some business nouse. If they're willing to throw £400m-£450 million at the club then they must have got wind of interest from other parties as SSN are reporting.

The most important thing at the minute is to get someone in as soon as possible so we can avoid relegation. If it is the Nigerian group then i'll give them a chance rather than look down on them with scorn because some racist notion at the back of my mind tells me that Nigerian's can't be trusted, unlike some people on here.

Precisely.