Terry Venables turned down chance to manage Newcastle in 2008

Guest Chubby Jason
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tomorrow's times reckons we will go for hoddle if el tel says no

Hoddle is a smarmy prick, whereas Venables  is a guy who players relate to. Over a short term period it should always be Venables. Every single time.

Terry Venables?

Ashley is laughing his tits off at us here.

For an interim job, who would you bring in? Or would you stick with Hughton?

The problem isn't Hughton, it's that the players look totally demoralised (and a number are absolutely shite) and I really don't see how some fucking crooked cockney wideboy is going to change that.

Wouldnt have said it would be the worst thing that could happen. Certainly could do with going into Saturday knowing we have some sort of manager.

Think he would have enough about him to guide to getting a few points - if its stays as is, I dont see us getting any in the foreseeable.

The worst decision in our history. Seriously.

We'll be dead and buried by the time he's finished.

You've never heard of a man called Graeme Souness, have you.

If we appointed Souness NOW it would be as bad as Venables, but at the time you could point to how he'd actually improved Blackburn and won a trophy.

You could also point to how he was driving them towards relegation before the genius mind of Shepherd decided we should do the Blackburn chairman a favour and bring him here to let him unleash his complete and utter lack of managerial talents upon our stupidly expensive excuse for a squad.

Terry Venables?

The problem isn't Hughton, it's that the players look totally demoralised (and a number are absolutely shite) and I really don't see how some fucking crooked cockney wideboy is going to change that.

I agree, that question wasn't questioning what you had said, was just interested in who you would actually rather bring in to do such a job. Not that we should be in a state where we're specifically after a short term manager.

Terry Venables?

He's a good motivator.

a lot of our players won't care if he's a cockney quite as much as us, seeing as most of them are not geordies, apart from planks like Taylor.

The problem is morale and confidence, and that isn't going to change until a permanent manager and new owner is put into place.

The fans are down, the players are on the floor and the club is in turmoil. Terry fucking Venables is hardly going to make a difference.

Guest Wally_McFool

Hughton cant be blamed for the present situation, but I would fancy Venables to things around rather than Hughton. Chris Hughton is not a "boss". Its as simple as that!

The problem is morale and confidence, and that isn't going to change until a permanent manager and new owner is put into place.

The fans are down, the players are on the floor and the club is in turmoil. Terry fucking Venables is hardly going to make a difference.

Exactly.

The fans are down, the players are on the floor and the club is in turmoil. Terry f***ing Venables is hardly going to make a difference.

My thoughts exactly.

So what do you suggest we do until the club is sold?

I'm no fan of Venables but Hughton looks clueless at this point in time.

"Cockney Mafia Out!" said the banner. So in comes wideboy crook Terry Venables.

You're just not getting this, are you Mr Ashley?

Disgusted. Absolutely fucking disgusted.

What the fuck has the fact he is from London got to do with it?

"Cockney Mafia Out!" said the banner. So in comes wideboy crook Terry Venables.

You're just not getting this, are you Mr Ashley?

Disgusted. Absolutely f***ing disgusted.

What the f*** has the fact he is from London got to do with it?

Nothing really. I just hate the c***. My problem is more with him being a crook and being the most over-rated manager around.

I'd rather have Hoddle than Venables, but only in the same way that I'd rather take a punch to the gut than a kick to the balls.  He was admittedly shit at Wolves and Spurs, but the way England played under his regime leads me to believe there is a fairly decent manager in there somewhere. 

Earlier I said I'd go fuckin mental if he was appointed but I guess if its for 1 month and 1 month only........I could let it slide, although I hope we're taken over ASAP and the new owner gets a quality manager in straight away

I'd rather have Hoddle than Venables, but only in the same way that I'd rather take a punch to the gut than a kick to the balls.  He was admittedly shit at Wolves and Spurs, but the way England played under his regime leads me to believe there is a fairly decent manager in there somewhere. 

In both cases if it wasn't for their massively overrated England teams they'd be struggling to get a job in non league. Well actually they have been for the last few years haven't they.