Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

he is much better in that deeper role though.

He has to with our midfield, i'll be suprised if theres a slower and less creative one in the premiership

just wait for the jonas and the return to form of duff

Jonas, aye.....Duff, he's probably playing the best he's ever played for us now.

Winters starting early.

If Ashley can only sell the club at a reduced price, he should do so, as the clubs value will plummet with every game.

Imagine if he's still here in January, does he try to sell our best players to compensate his losses?

I swear whoever is buying this club needs to start afresh.

If they bring that fucker Keegan back I will be livid.

I don't care whose fault it was okay. He decided to walk and he did so.

We are an absolute castrophe right now and I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Whoever is coming in better have a bigger plan than bringin Keegan back.

Our players don't even make space when we have a throw for fuck sake, it looked like 11 players who have never played together and that pitch was the last place they wanted to be.

On the bright side I didn't waste my money going to watch this shit and Bassong had a decent game at left back considering the circumstances.

Guest kingdawson

Thank fuck for that.

Thought the game was pretty even tbh. You lot had the clearer chances but we looked more composed. That bassong at left back was doing a very good job on lennon, but Ramos' decision to switch him to the left worked perfectly. We definately won the centre midfield battle, which is the first time i can actually say that. Thought N'Zogbia looked lively for you lot and i also think its a damn shame such a classy player like Coloccini has to be paired with a player like Taylor.

Our best players tonight were Jenas, O'hara and Zokora, which says a lot.

How many more times is Butt going to get away with making match-costing errors in the middle of the pitch? I'm fucking disgusted at seeing him losing possession and we concede because of it. He's a bigger liability than Taylor and the rest of our team put together.

Geremi and Duff were also complete fucking wank, with Zoggy, Cacapa and Colo also not being up for it. Martins, Owen and Bassong are the only players who can hold their heads semi-high after tonight.

We need a manager, Hughton/Money are a couple wankstains and needs to be given the boot.

A bit of a 'meh' encounter.

I didn't think any player played well in this game and a stupid mistake has ultimately cost us. Steven Taylor continues to inept areas of his game, although you should expect better from an Argentina international. 'Never play the ball across the face of your own goal' was something your taught as school boys. I thought Butt, Owen, N'Zogbia and Bassong did ok. Cacapa could be a useful player for us, but isn't suited to the midfield role due to a lack of pace. Oba was decent when involved, but that was sparingly.

Given 6 - Not a lot to do.

Bassong 6 - Looked our most assured defender.

Collocini 5 - A few nervy moments, but generally composed.

Taylor 5 - Won a lot of headers, but there is always the chance that he is liable to make a mistake.

Geremi 5 - Corners he needs to beat the first man.

Cacapa 6 - Would be better if he had a bit more pace, but showed his experience to aid the side.

Butt 7 - Looked like he wanted to push us on, but on his last legs unfortunately.

Duff 6 - Pretty anonymous except for his chance.

N'Zogbia 7 - Most attacking threat. 

Owen 6 - Not involved a lot, but took his goal well.

Martins 6 - Not involved a lot, but had a few chances.

I'm probably easily impressed but were we really THAT bad? Amidst all the shit sloppy passes and defensive errors, we made some fucking good chances and if Taylor and Butt behaved themselves we'd have made far more of a game of it. Shit loads of work to be done but we can get back on track. All this relegation talk is absolute nuts.

We are an absolute castrophe right now and I've never seen anything like it in my life.

The commentator came out with a good saying during the second half:

"The darkest hour is just before the dawn".

Surely, surely, that was the darkest hour.

I bet they were saying the same for Leeds.

I'm probably easily impressed but were we really THAT bad? Amidst all the shit sloppy passes and defensive errors, we made some fucking good chances and if Taylor and Butt behaved themselves we'd have made far more of a game of it. Shit loads of work to be done but we can get back on track. All this relegation talk is absolute nuts.

We were fucking gash mate, the errors for the goals just compounded it.

Bassong Was Shite...Stop Bumming Him Just Because He's New.

N'zogbia Was The Best He Has Been In A While As He Was Actually Taking Players On.

Butt Was Our Best Player But Was Still A Bag Of Wank.

Owen and Martins Just Werent Given The Chances.

Bring back Keegan