Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

you can say what you like about the 0-0 scoreline, but both teams here are playing the beautiful game as it should be played; attacking, sexy cavalier football. Sumptuous.

Cacapa actually looks a better midfielder than Butt.

How tragic is that  :lol:

Not sure why Cacapa is getting stick for being played there. It's not like he's played there before for us that often, meaning we can judge him as being a s*** anchor midfielder.

In fact, his spell as centreback for us showed that his reading of the game is good, his touch is good, his composure is good, his positioning is good - he's just not very good at the aerial/physical battle that you occassionally get in the Premiership. On paper, he'd make a pretty decent backup central midfielder, with the only real downside being that he doesn't have the legs to match those of other central midfielders littered about in the Premiership.

There's just a complete lack of confidence from both sides. Shitting themselves.

No reason to tonight the crowd can hardly get on their backs

I'd be much more concerned if I were a Spurs fan tbh. They have a manager and have just spent a fortune.

Cacapa actually looks a better midfielder than Butt.

How tragic is that  :lol:

Not sure why Cacapa is getting stick for being played there. It's not like he's played there before for us that often, meaning we can judge him as being a s*** anchor midfielder.

In fact, his spell as centreback for us showed that his reading of the game is good, his touch is good, his composure is good, his positioning is good - he's just not very good at the aerial/physical battle that you occassionally get in the Premiership. On paper, he'd make a pretty decent backup central midfielder, with the only real downside being that he doesn't have the legs to match those of other central midfielders littered about in the Premiership.

I've actually been impressed with Cacapa. I wasn't taking the mickey.

He looks nice and tidy in there. i would seriously play him there ahead of Butt.