Newcastle 1 - 2 Blackburn - 27/09/08 - Post match reaction from page 10

JH

Anyone else had a look at our fixtures coming up?

We're f***ed.

show us a list of fixtures were we are not f***ed

Saturday, 04 October 2008

Coca-Cola Football League One

Peterborough v Newcastle United, 12:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 08 October 2008

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Rotherham v Newcastle United, N2, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 11 October 2008

Newcastle United v Brighton, 15:00

Saturday, 18 October 2008

Millwall v Newcastle United, 15:00

Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Newcastle United v Leyton Orient, 19:45

Saturday, 25 October 2008

Newcastle United v Walsall, 15:00

I was about to do the same thing    :weep:      doesn't bare thinking about does it

So Keegan's role was to get a half-arsed under populated squad to play above themselves and just about make mid table and his leaving having exposed how weak and based on confidence that squad is that somehow remains his fault?

f*** right off.

Aye, leave king Kev alone.

It's not his fault he done a runner at the worst possible time leaving the club in the s***.

Which other manager wouldn't have "done a runner" if put under the same circumstances ?

Jose Mourinho? How about Bobby Robson?

If you're not happy having players bought for you then he should have gone when Jonas arrived, not on the day after the transfer window closed which was the worst possible time.

If it was any other manager the fans would want him hung by his bollocks.

Jonas was the first player, and Keegan was happy with anyway...So what is your point ?

But Keegan had never seen him play and admits he had to look him up on the Internet, so my point is obvious.

If he's not happy having players bought in without his approval then why didn't he walk then?

I'm not sure why it so hard for you to understand something simple like this...There were BETTER players wanted by Keegan that should have made the team much much stronger but Wise and co decided to bring Xisco, and that Uruguayan kid who are unknowns and never were going to strengthen an already weakened team by the sales of Milner without the approval of Keegan...

Like who?

Like the ones he identified but were never bought...

Which were?

Warnock and...?

They weren't Xcisco and the Uruguayan kid...They were Keegan's type of players...

So basically you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're on about, so shut up.

You shut up with your idiotic valuation of Xisco and the other Uruguayan kid...If you had a bit of brain cells you would agree players brought in by Kevin Keegan would for sure be better because he knows better what the team and the fan need and want...

I'm not sure how I can debate with this.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

On a Blackberry, so spelling might be a bit off:

Given 7 poor sod

Taylor 5 didn't deserve the dog's abuse mind

Colo 5

Capaca 6

Bassong 5

Geremi 5

Charlie 5

Butt 6

Duff 8

Owen 7

Xisco 1 not his fault mind

Xisco won everything in the air today.

On a Blackberry, so spelling might be a bit off:

Given 7 poor sod

Taylor 5 didn't deserve the dog's abuse mind

Colo 5

Capaca 6

Bassong 5

Geremi 5

Charlie 5

Butt 6

Duff 8

Owen 7

Xisco 1 not his fault mind

Xisco won everything in the air today.

He had a far better 2nd half once Duff realised or was reminded he's supposed to be a winger.

Kinnear saying on Radio Newcastle that the first half wasn't good enough, and he went into the dressing room at HT to say a few words. Disappointed with Taylor's performance and also the way the two DC's were bullied by Santa-Cruz and Derbyshire. Also said the 2nd half was much improved, and also that the referee made 1 or 2 rotten decision

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Kinnear saying on Radio Newcastle that the first half wasn't good enough, and he went into the dressing room at HT to say a few words. Disappointed with Taylor's performance and also the way the two DC's were bullied by Santa-Cruz and Derbyshire. Also said the 2nd half was much improved, and also that the referee made 1 or 2 rotten decision

How he didn't see the handball i'll never know.

just got back, absolute worst. When the 2nd goal went in there was a tragic moment when it seemed everyone in the gallowgate including myself went for a pint with their resigned indifference.

Given 7

Taylor 4

Coloccini 5

Cacapa 6

Bassong 6

Geremi 4

Butt 5

N'zogbia 5

Duff 7

Xisco 5

Owen 6

Xisco's effort was good but he's still well of the pace, the passing was generally an absolute disgrace and I actually feel sorry for Shay Given now. Shocking

Guest Howaythetoon

Much better in the second half as a result of a likely blast by Kinnear and Blackburn sitting back trying to protect their lead. Sadly we rushed our play too often, panicked or the final ball was poor or the wrong choice. Had we started the game like that...

Kinnear must have intervened at half-time because we were playing for a lot of throw-ins and corner kicks and throwing it long whenever we won one.

Michael Owen worked his socks off, Duff was abysmal first half, much better second, one of his better spells (not saying much like) but he actually ran at and beat players. N'Zogbia worked his socks off all game but poor delivery again. The entire back-four were a mess, Colo doesn't look like a 10m defender, every average thus far. Taylor picked up where he left off against Spurs. Midfield none existent at times and massive gaps between them and the forwards. Xisco works hard and is fully committed but has no redeaming qualities, didn't win a single ball in the air in the first half, won a lot in the second but majority were misguided much. Shola actually beat a few players using some neat footwork skills, still pants though. Very poor overall. Blackburn were neat and tidy but were nothing sepcial, extremely average side lucky to meet us in such turmoil. Fans were decent enough especially second half. No protesting inside ground (arrived late so don't know about outside before KO), lots of empty seats. Blackburn brought more to SJP than Spurs did and were decent enough I thought. Singing end disappointing, most of the singing coming from the Gallowgate and believe it or not the Milburn.

Given - Some great saves after some sloppy defending, but a bit reluctant to come away from the goal line?

Bassong - Technically not a great player, but physically he is sound.

Coloccini - A decent display, not really troubled.

Cacapa - Slow, but experience is useful.

Taylor - Error prone today.

Geremi - Deliveries were poor and was immovable before he went off.

N'Zogbia - A few decent runs and some decent passes.

Duff - Much better in the 2nd half, some lovely skill.

Butt - Too slow, but can still tackle.

Owen - Fantastic player.

Xisco - Hard worker, won most of his headers today.

Xisco just looks like a Spanish Ameobi so far tbh..

This is the reason the Arsenal model would never work here, tits like yourself shooting players down less than a month after they joined, I wonder if the Arsenal fans were on Adebayor's back this soon when he looked on par with Shola?

If you think the Arsenal model would ever work here you sir are an idiot. It starts with being able to determine the potential in players, and excuse me, but so far nothing I have seen from Xisco suggest he is about to rip this league apart anytime soon. Re Adebayor, he got a lot of stick when he first broke into their team, but the potential was there (I definitley saw it) so he was worth perceveiring with. We paid 6 million for Xisco, about the same as City paid for SWP or about twice what Arsenal paid for Van Persie; who do you think looks more 'promising'..?

I've already said it wouldn't work here and used tits liek yourself as the example why, it reminds me of the Man Utd fans who wanted Evra and Vidic after their first game or the mongs who were slagging Oba off after he had made 3 starts for the club too.

Easy for you to claim now that you always noticed Adebayor's potential, and you accuse me of saying things different now they've happened. :lol:

The fact is young players need time to adapt and luckily for us Dutch tits like yourself are not in the stands, now go and follow Feyenoord or what other club you claim to be your first team.

It's not easy to claim something that has actually happened, because I said so at the time even on this board when some people were laughing their asses off over how inadequate a Henry replacement he was.. Of course, you are commenting on how you would have reacted if something had happened that hasn't actually happened. I'm sure you can see the difference.

As for your last comment, are you seriously questionning if I am a fan of this club? What gives you the right to do so? When I came to Newcastle I started going to matches and this was at the start of the 2004 season. I think it's fair to say I'm not exactly a glory hunting supporter and whenever I go to a match I am in full support of the players on the pitch. Can't see why I couldn't pass an early judgement on a player we have brought in after a couple of games of seeing him? I'm not writing him off like, but from what I have seen thus far it looks like the 6 million we spent on him is a huge gamble. What makes you think he will become a good striker in this league if you don't mind me asking?

Some NUFC fans make me sick.

Dont bother coming if you are going to slag off every player, call them shit and moan at every missed placed pass.

Just fuck off.

We know we are in a bad situation without dickheads booing and moaning on all game. 

Xisco won everything in the air in the 2nd half, won fk all in the 1st half.

Bassong was great today at defending, his crossing really needs work though, he is a solid defender though and a really good find I say.

Duff and Zoggy were great, Butt did well, Geremi was poor, a dwarf would have had to duck to get a lead onto his crosses.

Xisco won everything int he air in the 2nd half, won fk all in the 1st half.

Bassong was great today at defending, his crossing really needs work though, he is a solid defender though and a really good find I say.

He is a left footed CB, he aint meant to play as a LB.

Oh know, aint slagging him for it, but he was rated at 5  by Golfmag, thought that was harsh.

Oh know, aint slagging him for it, but he was rated at 5  by Golfmag, thought that was harsh.

I know you weren't chief, just point out that he is really a centre back.

I know you weren't chief, just point out that he is really a centre back.

:D And should be along side Colo once Enrique is back.