awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

just the game for Barton to make his comeback in and make a massive impact.......or lose his head and get another 3 match ban

Still, I would like to see (barring we miraculously pick up no injuries):

------Given-----

Beye--Colo--Bassong--Enrique

Jonas-Barton-Guthrie-Zoggy

------Owen---Martins-------

I`m certain Nicky Butt will start this game, as will Taylor though

just the game for Barton to make his comeback in and make a massive impact.......or lose his head and get another 3 match ban

Still, I would like to see (barring we miraculously pick up no injuries):

------Given-----

Beye--Colo--Bassong--Enrique

Jonas-Barton-Guthrie-Zoggy

------Owen---Martins-------

I`m certain Nicky Butt will start this game, as will Taylor though

no. barton has been out too long to come straight back in to a match situation. bench for this one and bring on as needed.

I'd heard we'd asked for more?

Considering their attendances are so far below capacity (around 80%) they could do worse than give us a few extra.

No doubt however lots of "loyal" macums will be getting dragged in for this one.

It'll be a full-house. It's their Cup Final.

Considering their attendances are so far below capacity (around 80%) they could do worse than give us a few extra.

No doubt however lots of "loyal" macums will be getting dragged in for this one.

Must have been some sort of flu going around the place in 2006. :razz:

Must have been some sort of flu going around the place in 2006. :razz:

could've been typhoid. they have a history.

OBAFEMI MARTINS is set to give Newcastle a huge boost — by making a shock derby day return to action.

The Nigerian striker had been ruled out until mid-November with a knee injury picked up in the Carling Cup defeat against Tottenham.

But Martins now aims to be involved — if only from off the bench — against Sunder- land on October 25 after returning to light training a fortnight ahead of schedule.

Martins has been jogging and kicking a ball at Newcastle’s training ground in recent days, much to the delight of Joe Kinnear.

Amid fears that Mark Viduka will be sidelined for another six months with an Achilles injury, the prospect of Martins returning to partner Michael Owen is a huge plus for United’s interim manager.

Meanwhile, sources suggest that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani may be ready to revive his interest in a Newcastle takeover.

The Sunday Sun can confirm that Ambani did make serious inquiries about a bid for United in the summer, and has not ruled out an official approach.

But the revelation that owner Mike Ashley has underwritten Newcastle’s debts rather than settled them out of his own pocket is understood to be a new concern for would-be buyers.

One of the potential investors approached by Ashley during his recent trip to Dubai — Zabeel Investments — are poised to buy Charlton Athletic, as the likelihood increases of Ashley having to significantly lower his asking price for the Magpies.

Elsewhere, FIFA have been called into a row over Emre’s transfer from Newcastle to Fenerbahce in the summer.

The exact details of the case are unclear, but it may centre on money being due to Emre’s former club — and Fener’s bitter rivals — Galatasaray as part of the deal.

As for incoming players, the Magpies’ managerial limbo means they look set to miss out on Bolton starlet Jack Sampson.

We can reveal the 15-year-old striker and his parents visited Newcastle in August and were open to a move, but Kevin Keegan’s departure and the chaos that followed has left the teenager more likely to join Manchester City.

It's going to be interesting in particular for me. It's a Birthday piss up for me, as i'm going to be 19 on the Wednesday before it. So it could be a recipe for disaster, alternatively it could be my best present.

Not that i'm looking forward to my birthdya like as it's just another day, but they give an extra excuse for a piss up so suits me.

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone got any Mackem match rituals? I've got the Friday (day before) off work because I get too nervous in the lead up. Will probably watch some past victories against them.

Anyone got any Mackem match rituals? I've got the Friday (day before) off work because I get too nervous in the lead up. Will probably watch some past victories against them.

shitting meself quite literally probably have 2 hours sleep on the friday then start drinking at about 8am on the saturday to calm me :-[ before hitting enemy territory