Newcastle United vs Citeh - Pre match thread

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Guest Heneage

I was listening to Football Weekly on my I-pod and they said that on training days the lads come in and play pool and Xbox before and after training, I know its clutching at the finest of straws but it would not suprise me if with their amount of Brazilians possibly undiscplined as Elano showed he was at the tail end of the season that a cold night on Tyneside might be a bit much.

Elano scored against us last season on a colder night...

But Robinho? Jo's used to it, I dunno, we never got at City last time we just let them piss all over us.

I was listening to Football Weekly on my I-pod and they said that on training days the lads come in and play pool and Xbox before and after training, I know its clutching at the finest of straws but it would not suprise me if with their amount of Brazilians possibly undiscplined as Elano showed he was at the tail end of the season that a cold night on Tyneside might be a bit much.

But Robinho? Jo's used to it, I dunno, we never got at City last time we just let them piss all over us.

What!? We pissed on them for large chunks of this fixture last year, first half in particular we missed a hatful of chances.

Guest Heneage

What!? We pissed on them for large chunks of this fixture last year, first half in particular we missed a hatful of chances.

At the city of manc stadium aye, but at home I thought we were dire .

Complete opposite.

We were horrific at SJP last season against City. Terrible game all in all.

Agreed, we were wank that night. Soundly beaten.

It epitomised Allardyce did that game. We had quite a lot of pace available to us that game, yet we pumped long balls to Viduka's head all night long. Was fucking awful.

Some of our first teamers are starting to come back, should provide a welcome confidence boost to the squad. We will need it. City have goals in them but if we can play as a team with the same spirit we showed against Everton we can win it.

Guest Heneage

Complete opposite.

Did you watch the game? We were beaten 2-0 and our best chance was Damien Duff falling on the edge of the box.

Given

Beye ?         Bassong       Collo           Enrique ?

Jonas ?       Guthrie      Butt :undecided:        Charlie

Owen           Duff

Ermm, 3-1 Newcastle  O0

Given

Taylor    Beye      Bassong  Enrique

Coloccini

Jonas            Guthrie              Gutierrez

Duff      Owen

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/09/kinnear-relishing-guti-rrez-return-61634-21996753/

JOE Kinnear has admitted the impending return of Argentina international Jonás Gutiérrez has given everyone a lift at Newcastle United as the winger prepares to make his eagerly-awaited comeback against Manchester City.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Good news.

Guest Ice__Mag

Given

Taylor     Beye      Bassong   Enrique

Coloccini

Jonas             Guthrie              Gutierrez

Duff      Owen

I know he's good, but can he play on both wings?!

Given

Taylor     Beye      Bassong   Enrique

Coloccini

Jonas             Guthrie              Gutierrez

Duff      Owen

I know he's good, but can he play on both wings?!

:lol:

delighted he's back btw.

We'll still need everyone else firing on all cylinders to get something out of this I feel.