Where abouts are you from?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh, and why the hell York & Carlisle are in NE?

Can't speak for Carlisle but i'd regard York as North East. In the grand scheme of things.

You wouldn't find many of the citizens of York would agree with you - they are Yorkshiremen first & foremost., although not in the same way as, say, Leeds people are(people from W.Yorks brag about it more). To me, the North East probably ends at Scotch Corner in the south, Bowes in the west, and Berwick in the north.

Aye, North East is County Durham, Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.

When you're coming home by road, Scotch Corner is definitely where the home stretch begins, though I never feel like I'm actually "home" until I've crossed over the Tyne.

Oh, and why the hell York & Carlisle are in NE?

Can't speak for Carlisle but i'd regard York as North East. In the grand scheme of things.

Is it fuck. :lol:

It's in the part of the country that is North and is East so i'd regard it as North East. Not 'sentimentally', or however you want to put it, no. It's hardly in the middle though, is it? If people from abroad have asked me where i'm from, i've said North East England; but then i'm twenty miles or so North of York. :razz:

Heaton

Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne 6.

Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne 7.

Is it??

I assume you meant postcodes?

If so I live in NE7 yes. Manor Park is NE6 though I think if that's what you meant...

I was rudely butting into what you said without reading the jist of it... O0

Heaton

Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne 6.

Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne 7.

Is it??

I assume you meant postcodes?

If so I live in NE7 yes. Manor Park is NE6 though I think if that's what you meant...

I was rudely butting into what you said without reading the jist of it... O0

Not rude at all, thanks for joining in.

It is interesting that my old school (Manor Park School) dipped off the radar many years ago ('new' people had not heard of it, after it became called 'Heaton Manor School') now that Manor Park School has been demolished and replaced by some new houses called . .  "Manor Park"  -  people have suddenly heard of it again!

I always thought that the Heaton area of Newcastle was 'Newcastle 6', along with Byker and Walker??