Where abouts are you from?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carlise is like 10 miles from the west coast, how the hell can anyone consider it NE?

south of York is very much where the North East ends I reckon. I'm from Ryton (5 miles west of Newcastle) but living in Middlesbrough atm doing my masters at Teesside

Carlise is like 10 miles from the west coast, how the hell can anyone consider it NE?

south of York is very much where the North East ends I reckon. I'm from Ryton (5 miles west of Newcastle) but living in Middlesbrough atm doing my masters at Teesside

Nah, I reckon the north east ends when you get past the Boro and the Tees.

Everything just feels 'different' south of there.

Outside UK  - 72 (31.4%)

Makes you wonder how many homes that have computers in the UK....

Maybe foreigners like me are just more reliant on the internet for their Newcastle United fix.

Keegan quit, the fans protested. Didn't even get a passing mention on any of our sports shows (save FSC).

We need this board more than you do, I think.

Oh, and why the hell York & Carlisle are in NE?

Can't speak for Carlisle but i'd regard York as North East. In the grand scheme of things.

You wouldn't find many of the citizens of York would agree with you - they are Yorkshiremen first & foremost., although not in the same way as, say, Leeds people are(people from W.Yorks brag about it more). To me, the North East probably ends at Scotch Corner in the south, Bowes in the west, and Berwick in the north.

Can't speak for Carlisle but i'd regard York as North East. In the grand scheme of things.

Carlisle should be North West I would have thought.

Carlisle has always been a sort of 'honourary' part of the North East, because it gets its Regional BBC programmes from Newcastle, so it gets the 'Newcastle version' of the news, rather than (say) Manchester's.

Have you noticed the BBC announcing . . . "In the North East & Cumbria" ?

Geographically, it is of course in the Wild West!

Newcastle

Whereabouts in Newcastle?

Are you from Walker perhaps . . . ?

Nope, Gosforth

Same as me, good old 'Newcastle 3' - the best part of Newcastle. Though I was brought up (dragged up through a holly bush) in Newcastle 4 (Elswick) and also Newcastle 2 (Jesmond).

Oh, and why the hell York & Carlisle are in NE?

You wouldn't find many of the citizens of York would agree with you - they are Yorkshiremen first & foremost., although not in the same way as, say, Leeds people are(people from W.Yorks brag about it more). To me, the North East probably ends at Scotch Corner in the south, Bowes in the west, and Berwick in the north.

Aye, North East is County Durham, Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.