The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

A part of me can't help but want to see all these players sold just to see who is brought in then, as surely if the likes of Barton are sold then surely players will be coming in.

Maybe when Ashley re-committed to the club he meant he would go aboiut doing exactly what he intended to do over the summer and transform the team into one with up and coming youngsters.

I am currently fascinated with what is going on. Just hoping it doesn't end in tears.

At least if it ends up with Kinnear having to be replaced no one will be crying about it.

Poyet is also available for nowt now by the way  :whistle:

I am currently fascinated with what is going on. Just hoping it doesn't end in tears.

I wouldn't say I'm "fascinated", I'd go along with "trembling with nerves" and "expecting the worst". We're not even being involved in rumours with players I'd like to see here.

I dont give a fuck tbh, whats the point. If i hope we do well in this window, the likely hood is we sign fuck all and my hero Shay Given leaves us and im devastated. So fuck it, im just looking at the games at the moment.

Poyet is also available for nowt now by the way  :whistle:

Its only a matter of time, if we manage to pull off a couple of decent signings this window and ashley gets a few fans back on side Poyet might just sneak unto the coaching staff.

We need a couple of coaches anyway, madness we havent got anyone in already.

What in the name of hell is there to be fascinated about? Stop setting yourself up for a fall man. Nothing is going to happen this window. Nothing fascinating, anyway.

Not fascinated in the sense that I'm excited by anything. More like I just can't even begin to imagine what could be going on behind the scenes and I am really looking forward to seeing what state we will be in come the 2nd of Feb.

Finally we will know for sure what to make of Mr. Ashley and his pals.

I think we are just a ticking time bomb tbh, and im not sure if it will have anything to do with Ashley as far as January is concerned. The money might be there, but who would come here both under Joe Kinnear and in this state? Seems we are destined for doom and 2nd February might just be the date its drilled into the brains of those who currently doubt it.

I dont give a fuck tbh, whats the point. If i hope we do well in this window, the likely hood is we sign fuck all and my hero Shay Given leaves us and im devastated. So fuck it, im just looking at the games at the moment.

:lol: Newcastle fever! Catch it!

I agree that we're pretty much destined for relegation within the next five years or so, but I don't think this year will be the year.

Honestly, next year if we lose Given.

Hardly think we're destined for relegation for goodness sake. Villa looked like they were destined to be a big club to face relegated only a few years ago. Football isn't static. Players change, managers change, etc. For all we know in five years, Newcastle could be preparing for their next Premier league fixture at Ibrox against Rangers or at the Vicente Calderon against Atletico fro our next Europe second divison fixture.

I agree that we're pretty much destined for relegation within the next five years or so, but I don't think this year will be the year.

Hardly think we're destined for relegation for goodness sake. Villa looked like they were destined to be a big club to face relegated only a few years ago. Football isn't static. Players change, managers change, etc. For all we know in five years, Newcastle could be preparing for their next Premier league fixture at Ibrox against Rangers or at the Vicente Calderon against Atletico fro our next Europe second divison fixture.

I'd normally agree, but the way we've steadily taken a step further into the abyss every year against all odds makes me feel like there are some cosmic forces conspiring against us.

I really thought it was the end of that after we drew at Old Trafford on the first day of the season. Unfortunately, events since then have systematically crushed any sense of hope out of my bones.

I'd normally agree, but the way we've steadily taken a step further into the abyss every year against all odds makes me feel like there are some cosmic forces conspiring against us.

I really thought it was the end of that after we drew at Old Trafford on the first day of the season. Unfortunately, events since then have systematically crushed any sense of hope out of my bones.

Things can easily go either way. It wont take much to see us rocket back up the league to somewhere respectable. A decent manager in the summer could see our better players stay with some quality additions we would be back on track.

Of course it could go the other way, considering the way results have conspired against us when we have picked up points, a couple of losses and we are back in the shit and panic sets in.

More than likely it will sit somewhere in the middle with us finishing just below midtable, Kinnear staying on, most of the better players leaving but some decent investment over the summer with a moderately improved finish the year after. Slow progress.

I wouldn't say I'm "fascinated", I'd go along with "trembling with nerves" and "expecting the worst". We're not even being involved in rumours with players I'd like to see here.

I'm still operating under the hope that the lack of rumours is because of the way that Ashley and Wise did business in the January window. Our best signings came out of the blue. It's possible that they're going to find us a couple more Bassongs and Jonases.

Of course, it's also possible they'll find us a couple more Nachos and Xiscos. But we'll have to wait and see is all.

Louise Taylor reckons Ashley and Kinnear will clash over Barton, Joe wants to keep him but Ashley wants him out!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/08/newcastle-united-joey-barton-joe-kinnear-transfer-bolton-portsmouth

Wasn't that basically the same situation as Keegan in the summer? Ashley didn't want anything to do with him, Keegan wanted him kept?

Louise Taylor reckons Ashley and Kinnear will clash over Barton, Joe wants to keep him but Ashley wants him out!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/08/newcastle-united-joey-barton-joe-kinnear-transfer-bolton-portsmouth

Wasn't that basically the same situation as Keegan in the summer? Ashley didn't want anything to do with him, Keegan wanted him kept?

Louise Taylor could write that the Earth is round, and I'd still ask for her sources.

Louise Taylor could write that the Earth is round, and I'd still ask for her sources.

She's an idiot. Why doesn't she just stick to writting about the Mackems!

If people are struggling to handle anti newcastle newspaper articles - is football really the sport for you?  even if she does have an agenda.  If i was a sports journalist i can see myself shelling out a few little digs towards sunderland.

Its not a problem guys, i am pretty sure no one at newcastle united takes her seriously.

If people are struggling to handle anti newcastle newspaper articles - is football really the sport for you?  even if she does have an agenda.  If i was a sports journalist i can see myself shelling out a few little digs towards sunderland.

Its not a problem guys, i am pretty sure no one at newcastle united takes her seriously.

If she's going to hurl childish insults at our club, I feel perfectly justified in hurling some childish insults back at her.