The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Deadline extended.. with conditions.

Basically personal terms and medical can be done after the deadline as long as both clubs tell the league they've agreed a deal in principle but that the weather has caused problems getting the player there in time.

Guest johnson293

Setanta news ticker still syas we are in talks with Man City about Michael Johnson, depsite Sky's reporter earlier claiming City have said he's defintiely going no-where.

Hmmm, who to believe??!!  ???

I've never understood why, when the window is a month long, all the business is done in the last 2 hours.

Because the selling clubs want to wait as long as possible to see how much money they can get, and there are always other options open up for clubs so they will wait. Its not that hard to understand.

Setanta news ticker still syas we are in talks with Man City about Michael Johnson, depsite Sky's reporter earlier claiming City have said he's defintiely going no-where.

neither, especially Sky

From BBC Live Text:

1413: "Anybody know if Westwood has signed for Newcastle United yet? I know he was having a medical earlier, but have heard no further reports."

CUFC_Mike on 606

No keepers, please.

Not the keeper man.  It's Tim Westwood, he's being brought in to serve as Nile Ranger's translator.

All of our deals are quiet. If something happens it won't have been rumoured elsewhere, or at least that's my optimistic guess.

Difference is we pretty much knew Xisco and Gonzalez had signed we just didnt get confirmation, it was all over the place but .co.uk. We cant really keep things this quiet surely?

Maybe time to secure some loan signings though, they can do the medical abroad cant they?

Only mutterings are possibly Daniel Fox, Johnson, Ebondo and Garcia.

That said I would wet my pants if they happened.

Didn't Setanta do the same in the summer, stories which had been ruled out hours ago still going across the ticker.