The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Paddy Kenny is a very average Premiership keeper. He'll either move to WBA or Stoke, or another Championship club near the top, maybe QPR or Birmingham.

he's a poor prem keeper and only an average chapionship keeper.

mere papertalk (i hope)

Paddy Kenny is a very average Premiership keeper. He'll either move to WBA or Stoke, or another Championship club near the top, maybe QPR or Birmingham.

he's a poor prem keeper and only an average chapionship keeper.

mere papertalk (i hope)

Hes a shit keeper end of story

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Juanito linked strongly with Roma.  Amazing how some of the players that people on here think "aren't good enough for us" end up at better teams than us. (Duscher to Sevilla, Edmilson to Villarreal, Juanito potentially to Roma, etc.)

(Deco to CHelsea)

Juanito linked strongly with Roma.  Amazing how some of the players that people on here think "aren't good enough for us" end up at better teams than us. (Duscher to Sevilla, Edmilson to Villarreal, Juanito potentially to Roma, etc.)

(Deco to CHelsea)

And who can ever forget KaKa's "Omg I'm going to be sick!" outburst when we were linked with Ronaldinho from Barcelona when Ashley first came in. :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

Heres a Name of a up and coming keeper for you's.Who we should consider is Kieran Westwood. Played some terrific stuff at Carlisle and is doing well at Coventry this season.

Big League Weekend  :thup:

(Deco to CHelsea)

And who can ever forget KaKa's "Omg I'm going to be sick!" outburst when we were linked with Ronaldinho from Barcelona when Ashley first came in. :lol:

Yeah, but Deco has been terrible this season (probaly the main cause of Chelsea's problems really), and Roma are occuoying a similar poisition in the Serie A table to us in the Premiership table.

(Deco to CHelsea)

Considering at the time we had no left back, no right back, a central defence of Taylor and Bramble, no decent central midfielders and a £100,000 a week striker who was always injured, I'm sure Ronaldinho would have been the answer to all of our problems.

Would have been an absolutely insane purchase and I stand by that completely. It would have made me very sick.

(Deco to CHelsea)

Considering at the time we had no left back, no right back, a central defence of Taylor and Bramble, no decent central midfielders and a £100,000 a week striker who was always injured, I'm sure Ronaldinho would have been the answer to all of our problems.

Would have been an absolutely insane purchase and I stand by that completely. It would have made me very sick.

The thought of Nicky Butt-Ronaldinho midfield partnership is making me shudder in fear. Deco would have been s*** for us as well.

(Deco to CHelsea)

The thought of Nicky Butt-Ronaldinho midfield partnership is making me shudder in fear. Deco would have been s*** for us as well.

Precisely.

(Deco to CHelsea)

Is there something wrong in your head?

fucking hell man

I think Guthrie/Deco beats Guthrie/Butt somehow.

It really doesn't. You have not watched Chelsea this year. Currently, with Lampard/Obi Mikel/Ballack carrying him, Deco manages to be a liability who loses the ball and makes horrendous. If he came here, we would have Guthrie making up for his lack of effort as he repeatedly gave the ball away trying "Hollywood" passes. No thank you.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Guthrie/Deco beats Guthrie/Butt somehow.

It really doesn't. You have not watched Chelsea this year. Currently, with Lampard/Obi Mikel/Ballack carrying him, Deco manages to be a liability who loses the ball and makes horrendous. If he came here, we would have Guthrie making up for his lack of effort as he repeatedly gave the ball away trying "Hollywood" passes. No thank you.

:lol: You must be on the wind up. You have not watched us this year. Even if Deco had no legs Butt would make him look as mobile as a cheetah. He's been a fucking liability to us. Deco's passing ability is slightly better than Butt's (understatement).

:lol: Honestly, if made it sound as though Deco and Butt are in any way equal levels of footballers, I apologise. This is not the case. It is an affront to Deco's talent for that comparison to be made. Butt is one the worst starting CM's in a major European league ffs.

However, I stand by the fact that Deco is a liability. He can't tackle, he gives little to no effort and he loses the ball constantly. He would look even worse here than he does at Chelsea now. Replacing Butt would Deco would be like replacing Shola with Ronaldo (the bigger one). Yeah he's a better player, but he would a horrific signing.

(Deco to CHelsea)

Yeah, but Deco has been terrible this season (probaly the main cause of Chelsea's problems really), and Roma are occuoying a similar poisition in the Serie A table to us in the Premiership table.

Yeah they really are struggling... mercy

Guest Alan Shearer 9

:lol: Honestly, if made it sound as though Deco and Butt are in any way equal levels of footballers, I apologise. This is not the case. It is an affront to Deco's talent for that comparison to be made. Butt is one the worst starting CM's in a major European league ffs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I take your other point. I still don't think Deco would be a horrific signing for us; he would most likely have been inconsistent, but would offer a damn sight more still than our current CMs.

Given to Arsenal for £8m according to the rags. Think it was the Express.

'Unhappy Shay on his way'

seemed like he wanted away after the whistle on sunday

Saw that :nods:

What happened, exactly? Didn't catch any of the footage (gutted about that, btw).

stormed off,ran off the pitch and up the tunnel/ not only not shaking anyone's hand but pushing away anyone who attempted to.

Just sounds like he really badly needed a big shit.