The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

cant believe we havent scouted rodallega, i reckon he looks in the mould of gomis k jones but better

Watch Necaxa a lot do you? :lol:

Didn't Beckham get sent off against them back in the day?

He knew enough at Reading to make him have pretty impressive assists stats for a fullback

I can't go on what he did at Reading, I didn't pay much attention to him there. But I've seen him here, and the general impression has been very, very poor indeed. And it isn't just me, ask any Villa fan.

dont think hes a member on this site.

Arsenal fan at work would "love" them to sign Steven Taylor, the same one who thinks Beye is the "shit shortarse" we have in defence.

Just goes to show how different the view is sometimes from the outside.

Yeh he hasnt been great at Villa but I think he got off to a pretty poor start with them and lost his place quite quickly. Luke Young has been really good for them and has been filling in for them at left back and doing a really good job which has further limited Shoreys oppurtunities!!

So he'll be full of confidence here!

The bad news.

Shorey is f***ing gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

Put it like this. MON prefers to play Luke Young on the wrong side of the pitch, and NRC or Cuellar at RB to avoid playing Shorey. When Freddie Bouma comes back, he'll have even less of a prayer

Please, please, please take him. Actually, if he did go to you, it would make much more sense of the N'Zogbia rumours.

He knew enough at Reading to make him have pretty impressive assists stats for a fullback

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

Wow no Ronaldo on that list but Nani?!

No Duff or Milner?!

Yeh he hasnt been great at Villa but I think he got off to a pretty poor start with them and lost his place quite quickly. Luke Young has been really good for them and has been filling in for them at left back and doing a really good job which has further limited Shoreys oppurtunities!!

The bad news.

Shorey is f***ing gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

Put it like this. MON prefers to play Luke Young on the wrong side of the pitch, and NRC or Cuellar at RB to avoid playing Shorey. When Freddie Bouma comes back, he'll have even less of a prayer

Please, please, please take him. Actually, if he did go to you, it would make much more sense of the N'Zogbia rumours.

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

No Duff or Milner?!

Milner as in the lad who couldn't cross to save his life?

Arsenal fan at work would "love" them to sign Steven Taylor, the same one who thinks Beye is the "shit shortarse" we have in defence.

Just goes to show how different the view is sometimes from the outside.

Media-fed, never watch us play... all the lads in Hull think Taylor is a class apart. Don't know what they base that on. U21 Euro's and all the hype he got after it, I'd expect. In fairness to them, they've realised Beye is the real deal.

Guest pont-toon

Nigel Quashie - come on your having a giraffe  :doh:

Quashie? Has he been linked?

He's been relegated out of the prem 5 times already. A record.

aye in the mirror for £500K

would be the final nail in the coffin

The bad news.

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

No Duff or Milner?!

I think Milner has 5 assists already this season, and 3 goals. I've not been too convinced since his return, but the statistics look decent.

The Mirrors transfer record:

Right Total Num Accuracy

528 2888 18.28%

It does okay mainly because it has to get some right with the number of transfer it says are on.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/Default.aspx

Guest pont-toon

The Mirrors transfer record:

Right Total Num Accuracy

528 2888 18.28%

It does okay mainly because it has to get some right with the number of transfer it says are on.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/Default.aspx

those odds scare the $hit out of me on this one

would prefer 0.0000000001%

The bad news.

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

No Duff or Milner?!

I think Milner has 5 assists already this season, and 3 goals. I've not been too convinced since his return, but the statistics look decent.

Better than any of our midfielders, tum te tum....  :laugh:

Interesting site, that.

The reason the tabloids are all down the bottom of that transfer accuracy league is because they have a market that demands to read that kind of stuff every single day, so they're more likely to run stories on the flimsiest of evidence.

Personally, I read the Guardian, and only turn to the sports pages after I've finished reading the fascinating Society G2 supplement.

*knits yoghurt*

Is Quashie really THAT bad? Thats a genuine question by the way, not a "I think he is quite good myself".

My mate used to like him a lot at Portsmouth but he does sometimes have strange taste in players.

I suppose the fact he can't get into the West Ham side says a lot, I just look at every potential player in the "Would he be worse than Butt, Smith, Geremi" frame of mind.

Personally, I read the Guardian, and only turn to the sports pages after I've finished reading the fascinating Society G2 supplement.

*knits yoghurt*

I gave up on that, Russell Bland writing in the sports section is about Piers Morgan doing the same.

Is Quashie really THAT bad? Thats a genuine question by the way, not a "I think he is quite good myself".

My mate used to like him a lot at Portsmouth but he does sometimes have strange taste in players.

I suppose the fact he can't get into the West Ham side says a lot, I just look at every potential player in the "Would he be worse than Butt, Smith, Geremi" frame of mind.

Yes he really is that bad . There was a poll a few months back (cant find it but it happened ) to find out who people think is the worst player at their club. Smith was Newcastle's Fans choice and Quashie Modo was the Hammers choice.

Just another Amdy Faye. I thought you said no panic buys Kinnear you fat b******. :angry:

Let's hope the papers are pulling names from a hat again. Quashie would be a disgusting signing.

Trinity Group methods: "Mickey your picking the players out of the hat this week, Nixon your picking the clubs"

Dont know if anyone picked up on it but during Sunday Supp Joe Lovejoy said "One paper pays agents for transfer stories" at the time he was looking at Andy Dunn from NOTW who didn't deny anything. But tbf to the News Of The Screws they have the biggest cheque book out of all the newspapers so of course they are going to splash the cash to get the stories.

*knits yoghurt*

I gave up on that, Russell Bland writing in the sports section is about Piers Morgan doing the same.

I nearly choked on me cornflakes when I read Piers Morgan's column saying he was really hacked off with being an Arsenal supporter because they hadn't won anything in THREE YEARS. Then he has the nerve to criticise Newcastle supporters for being fickle. You couldn't make it up.

Guest toonlass

*knits yoghurt*

I nearly choked on me cornflakes when I read Piers Morgan's column saying he was really hacked off with being an Arsenal supporter because they hadn't won anything in THREE YEARS. Then he has the nerve to criticise Newcastle supporters for being fickle. You couldn't make it up.

It takes something special to be a Newcastle fan. Lunicy!