The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

ARSENAL AFTER GEREMI

No need to shout. :lol:

Yeah there was its to funny..

11th hour Arsenal bid for Magpies ace?

01:59 PM 15 January, 2009

Newcastle United utility man Geremi was all set to make a £1.5m move to Besiktas, but now it appears that Arsenal have also made an enquiry.

However, if the 30-year-old wants to join Arsenal, he will have to take a wage cut and accept a shorter contract than that being offered by Besiktas.

The Cameroon international is earning around £50k per week and under contract until June 2010 at Newcastle, but he wants out after being booed off by the fans against West Ham in the recent 2-2 draw.

The high-earner, who can operate in midfield, out wide or at right-back, has made only eight Premier League starts this season and is likely to only be a squad player at Arsenal (like Mikael Silvestre).

The former Newcastle captain was recently quoted as saying: “I want to be involved on the field.

“I am nearing the end of my career and I don't want to sit on the bench.

“I heard there is a bid for me from a club in Europe but I am waiting to decide what to do.

“To be honest, I want to play.”

Therefore, the smart money is still on Geremi to make a move to Besiktas.

Expenisve players = good players

Cheap players = s*** players.

thats effectively what you;re saying.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

But the clubs that win stuff show you have to spend big to compete.

thats it in a nutshell. So difficult to comprehend for some, but so basic.

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Liverpool Carragher Hyypia

Man U      Ferdinand Vidic

Chelsea Terry Carvahllo/Alex

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Spending big = success, good players

but in the very same sentence

Spending big on Colo = shit player.

Make up your mind.

Guest Martins_9

14.40 Newcastle have made a £5million bid for Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia, and have also made an enquiry about West Ham defender Lucas Neill. However, the Hammers have told Sky Sports News that Neill is not available for transfer.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get s**** (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

The only team in the top 5 who have 2 proven world class centre half parnterships before they were signed were Chelsea with Carvhallo and Terry, what does that say about spending big to compete?

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

Stop turning this winning lark into such a simple equation its not. Sure it helps, but the evidence suggests that it helps as much as being frugal with your money and finding your gems. The real key is finding the rght manager to put it all together, something we've failed to do now for 5 years. 

As for Colo "being s***" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

I'm not sure where you found that Spence quote, but he;s done it again, well done Spence, you've managed to write so much but so little in a post yet again, in fact you've even managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. Thats no mean feat.

Spending big on Colo = s*** player.

Make up your mind.

Terry was a Chelsea academy boy.

Guest marky555

SSN.com - Kinnear says we're just waiting to hear back from West Ham about Neill.

I think Neill's a cunt and a sellout but I do rate him.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get s**** (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

As for Colo "being s***" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

Spending big on Colo = s*** player.

Make up your mind.

Terry was a Chelsea academy boy.

Good point.

You only have to look at our CB's to see that you can get shite (Colo) for huge £££'s & a good centre back for less than £2 million (Bassong).

Arsenal Gallas Toure

Villa Laursen Davies

As for Colo "being shit" i beg to differ, he's had some very iffy moments ill give but he's definitely not allowed his value to slip.

Spending big on Colo = shit player.

Make up your mind.

We had the right manager. He just wasn't allowed to put it all together. ;)

Neill is a good player but a bit old isnt he? Also on big wages, cant see the sense if going after him.

Neither can I, although he'd be useful for the next two months. He'll want big wages and we'll have two 30yr olds fighting for one spot next season.

Neill is a good player but a bit old isnt he? Also on big wages, cant see the sense if going after him.

Neither can I, although he'd be useful for the next two months. He'll want big wages and we'll have two 30yr olds fighting for one spot next season.

Thats the way i see it as well. The only thing that i can think which is interesting the club is that he's prem proven and isnt costing loads so means there more willing to take on his big wages as opposed to him being on big wages and costing big money.

I assume this is basically what Kinnear's been doing for the last couple of weeks: putting in ridiculously low bids for players and wasting our time.

he is spoiling the man city KAKA bid, they have offered £100 million, he has thrown a 120 million pence bid in.

I assume this is basically what Kinnear's been doing for the last couple of weeks: putting in ridiculously low bids for players and wasting our time.

he is spoiling the man city KAKA bid, they have offered £100 million, he has thrown a 120 million pence bid in.

I've just sat and giggled at your avatar for a few minutes.  :clap:

Am I missing something, why is Kinnear telling the media all our transfer targets and then the amount he`s bid? it doesnt make any sense unless hes not going to complete the deals and hes really after someone else? Are there any other PL managers out there telling the media their targets and bids before theyve been rejected? Megson at least gets the knock back before he announces it ffs