The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/internationals/finnan-in-trap-blow-1604470.html

Steve Finnan has been rocked by the news that a deep-rooted muscle injury in his thigh has scuppered his move to Hull and caused a big problem for Irish boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

Finnan's trip to Hull came on a day when the pace of the transfer window picked up and Irish names began to emerge as possible headline makers - most notably Stephen Hunt -- a target for Harry Redknapp and Steve Bruce -- and Finnan.

The Irish full-back travelled to Hull yesterday for a medical after Brown agreed a fee with Espanyol but the screening showed up an injury in his thing muscle that was considered serious enough to scupper the move.

Whats a thing muscle?

When you're older a girl might tell you what it's for. :aww:

;D

very quick. you're learning.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/internationals/finnan-in-trap-blow-1604470.html

Steve Finnan has been rocked by the news that a deep-rooted muscle injury in his thigh has scuppered his move to Hull and caused a big problem for Irish boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

Finnan's trip to Hull came on a day when the pace of the transfer window picked up and Irish names began to emerge as possible headline makers - most notably Stephen Hunt -- a target for Harry Redknapp and Steve Bruce -- and Finnan.

The Irish full-back travelled to Hull yesterday for a medical after Brown agreed a fee with Espanyol but the screening showed up an injury in his thing muscle that was considered serious enough to scupper the move.

Whats a thing muscle?

When you're older a girl might tell you what it's for. :aww:

Yours?

Finnan's decent but that post up the page there about his thigh is a bit worrying.

An injured Finnan is still better than a fully fit Edgar or Taylor

stupid

How so?

The injury is obviously not stopping him playing so he'd be available for selection, in which case (given his obvious ability as a footballer) he would indeed be a better option than Taylor or Edgar....

Finnan's decent but that post up the page there about his thigh is a bit worrying.

An injured Finnan is still better than a fully fit Edgar or Taylor

stupid

How so?

The injury is obviously not stopping him playing so he'd be available for selection, in which case (given his obvious ability as a footballer) he would indeed be a better option than Taylor or Edgar....

he's not injured,he has a problem that could make him more prone to injury.

better a fit taylor than finnan on the treatment table.

lets hope our medicos get it right ( :doh:) regarding this if it is all true.

I think they're just assuming they're right in guessing tbh. It's weird how different comments from the same press conference come out in different papers btw.

With the Cameroonian among the club's highest earners, the switch would free up around millions to reinvest elsewhere.

great journalism there like

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Ballague supports Espanyol, so there might be some truth on Finnan's

Read it again  :frantic:

FFS, well if its true then tough fucking shit to him. Do our important players really think we are going to sell them at this point of the season given our league position? He can wait to the summer.

"Personally, if I was Arsene Wenger, I would be making a bid for the player as soon as possible," he is reported as saying.

"It is obvious that Martins isn't happy on Tyneside and I feel he would be a tremendous signing for Arsenal at the rumoured £13 million."

:lol:

Where are the two loanies? its been 48 hours since JK said he would know more by now.

The 'more' is they're playing in a training match on Tuesday. They're going to decide something on Lovenkrands too. What, I can't figure out.

"Personally, if I was Arsene Wenger, I would be making a bid for the player as soon as possible," he is reported as saying.

"It is obvious that Martins isn't happy on Tyneside and I feel he would be a tremendous signing for Arsenal at the rumoured £13 million."

haha these windows always remind us how much we all hate agents

haha these windows always remind us how much we all hate agents

Is he quoting the get-clause fee there? the one that no longer exists in Oba's contract :lol: