The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Said when the transfer window opened we'd be lucky to sign any players, on deadline day we might push through a couple of signings if we are lucky, won't be anything exciting though! Its just the reality of the club situation, depressing as f***!

Agree,

http://ffmedia.ign.com/starwars/image/article/609/609854/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20050503052403320.jpg

"everything is happening as i've forseen"

Personally, i would put scouting young talent on hold until the end of this transfer window and focus on the here and now.

Your first team status and well being is the most important factor of a prem club.

true and i agree....but i believe that top class scouting and quality around the academy is the way forward! would so much prefer that instead of the chelsea and man city way! it would all so be way cheaper in wages.....viduka, duff, smith, geremi, cacapa, butt, owen think about the total sum of their wages and how much do they care?

an apt name to join our defence

Sunderland and Newcastle are leading the race to sign unsettled Bolton defender Danny Shittu. (The Sun)

Been very surprised he hasn't got a look in at Bolton. Did much better than I thought he would for Nigeria at the last African Nations Cup, which was the first time I had really had a look at him.

Would fit in as a more physically dominant defender. He is huge but surprisingly mobile as well.

Sunderland and Newcastle are leading the race to sign unsettled Bolton defender Danny Shittu. (The Sun)

Been very surprised he hasn't got a look in at Bolton. Did much better than I thought he would for Nigeria at the last African Nations Cup, which was the first time I had really had a look at him.

Would fit in as a more physically dominant defender. He is huge but surprisingly mobile as well.

He's shite. Similar to Bramble IMO but slower and a hell of a lot worse on the ball.

Guest trotter58

You're having a laugh aren't you?! 'Surprisingly mobile'? I've seen milk turn quicker.

Guest toonlass

You're having a laugh aren't you?! 'Surprisingly mobile'? I've seen milk turn quicker.

:lol:

:lol:

Okay. Well like I said i haven't seen much of him but thought he looked decent for Nigeria in the ACN from what I can remember anyway. Probably getting him mixed up with someone else.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

we aint signing nobody

Who are we signing?

An Iranian man who used to be in a barbershop quartet on loan (according to JFK quotes), and still got a £3 bid for M'bia on the go

Even rumours seem to have died off, this thread is more us suggesting players rather any real links, the M'Bia thing has gone quiet as well, sad thing is I expected this to happen just knew Ashley would not put any money up.

probably raised elsewhere, i've been away, but why THE FUCK did ashley release the statement about taking the club forward only to do absolutely nothing whatsoever in that regard?

seriously, i know conspiracy theories abound and i don't subscribe, but can anyone offer a better explanation than; ashley is the figurehead of a consortium of spurs fans who clubbed together in order to ruin us? ( ???)

bad joking aside i truly, truly wish i knew what the fuck was going on - if he'd been consistent one way or the other it'd be make sense but he's been so erratic it's not even funny

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd be surprised if we signed no one but expect one poor signing in the last few days of the transfer window.

If we sign no one and then lose to the mackems there will be hell.

Guest pont-toon

i fully expect Shay to go this window - perhaps with some of the Citeh dross coming here as part of the deal

probably another couple of dross/loan signings - basically other teams cast offs who want first team footy and a canny wedge - the likes of a Michael Ball or a Marlon Harewood/Nickey Shorey for example

unfortunately i cant see any decent player with any footballing aspirations wanting to sign for the current regime - would you ?

not good :rant: