The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest justin99.

£5m for the white ameobi?

he's already twice the player ameobi will ever be, plus he'll improve whereas ameobi won't

He's much better than Smith & Ameobi put together while Xisco has never had the chance so cannot possibly comment.

Bendtner is doing well at Arsenal, not a bad record since he's come off the bench a lot and is really a support striker, and a canny NT record.

Think he's be perfect foil for Martins or any pacey striker.

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra insists he will not quit Ibrox because he does not want to jeopardise his international career.

He's Algerian ffs, I'm not up on my Algerian football but I doubt they have a plethora of centre back's of Bougherra's ability.

Bendtner for 5m would be a fantastic deal - but he would probably not want to come here, as we may be relegated...

As for those comparing him to Ameobi og Smith - you should really watch the lad play before making another moronic comment like that...

For Denmark he has been immense, an given regular football alongside Martins could make him a top stiker. He is big, strong, technically very good, and drops down to play some great through balls when required. What is still missing is his finishing, but he is still young.

Pompey linked with Poulsen on loan, would be a cracking signing for us.

i dont think he will be going on loan - but a transfer could be possible.

as i've said elsewhere, just the type of player we need.

I'm clueless as to why any player would join us now.

Its like we're signing up players to join the Titanic and persuading them everythings going to be alright...

Where's someone with some photoshop skills when you need them (Titanic + Ashley as captain + Wise as first mate + JK as cabin boy) :)

Guest guinness_fiend

Arsenal may sell Bendtner for £5m...anyone up for that?

Seriously?  If so, we should at least make a bid.  He has not exactly set the world alight with Arsenal, but he looks like a very promising target man and poacher.  He was excellent a few seasons back in the Amsterdam tournament and is very strong with a good eye for goal.

Bendtner and Martins would be a formidable forward line.

At this point I'm just really hopeful we are keeping things very quiet just like this regime seems to have done from the outset.

We weren't linked with Finnan once, neither was he mentioned by Joe once, but we apparently were all set to sign him but unfortunately he was injured.

Hoping we get some surprises really soon.

At this point I'm just really hopeful we are keeping things very quiet just like this regime seems to have done from the outset.

We weren't linked with Finnan once, neither was he mentioned by Joe once, but we apparently were all set to sign him but unfortunately he was injured.

Not injured though, just been called up for Ireland.

Not injured though, just been called up for Ireland.

Well for some reason the deal broke down, but we were certainly in for him.