The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Newcastle United are racing against time to sign Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon for a fee close to £11 million, according to The Sun.

Joe Kinnear has already stated that the club hopes to bring in at least two new faces to St. James' Park, and he was quick to state that Veloso was in fact a target.

Speaking to reporters after the game against Sunderland, Kinnear said: 'He is [definitely] a realistic target.'

The Magpies will hope to tie-up the deal as early as possible, and if both clubs agree a fee, Sporting's midfield ace could be headed for the Toon in the next few hours.

The Sun also estimates that a central defender is on the way for the Magpies, although, no names were mentioned.

The news comes after Kinnear publicly conceded defeat at the hands of Liverpool in his attempts to capture highly-rated veteran centre-back Sami Hyypia.

If this happens :o

I refuse to believe it, or even get my hopes up about it.

Daniel Fox sounds more like it.

If this happens and we get Ryan Taylor, Daniel Fox or Whatever and another centre half along with Velosso then i'll be very happy.

However if we end up with just Ryan Taylor i'll be fucking livid

Newcastle United are racing against time to sign Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon for a fee close to £11 million, according to The Sun.

Joe Kinnear has already stated that the club hopes to bring in at least two new faces to St. James' Park, and he was quick to state that Veloso was in fact a target.

Speaking to reporters after the game against Sunderland, Kinnear said: 'He is [definitely] a realistic target.'

The Magpies will hope to tie-up the deal as early as possible, and if both clubs agree a fee, Sporting's midfield ace could be headed for the Toon in the next few hours.

The Sun also estimates that a central defender is on the way for the Magpies, although, no names were mentioned.

The news comes after Kinnear publicly conceded defeat at the hands of Liverpool in his attempts to capture highly-rated veteran centre-back Sami Hyypia.

If this happens :o

I refuse to believe it, or even get my hopes up about it.

Daniel Fox sounds more like it.

If this happens and we get Ryan Taylor, Daniel Fox or Whatever and another centre half along with Velosso then i'll be very happy.

However if we end up with just Ryan Taylor i'll be f***ing livid

If we got all four, then maybe, just maybe, big fat mike will not be public enemy number 1. I seriously doubt the creadability of veloso coming here. I refuse to believe it.

Coventry fans seem pretty sure we are in for their keeper Westwood. I hope not.

Sol Campbell or Distin anybody for the centre half position?

There's been rumours of Sol leaving, him having a lass up here, and Kinnear asked about Hyppia, so his age wouldn't be a concern.

Why are we after a centre half? It's one position where we're relatively well off. Is Joe thinking of putting Colo at defensive mid again?

There's been rumours of Sol leaving, him having a lass up here, and Kinnear asked about Hyppia, so his age wouldn't be a concern.

He wanted someone older "an organiser" too.

Why are we after a centre half? It's one position where we're relatively well off. Is Joe thinking of putting Colo at defensive mid again?

My train of thought as well.

Also wasn't it Sol that was questioning Adams decision making and his weird team talks?

Yesterday on the Century pre-match build up they were talking about a deal for Distin.

Distin and Bassong in central defence  :smitten: .....I doubt there`s any truth in that transfer rumour though

Still more viable than the Velosso story!

Guest sicko2ndbest

IF we got Fox, Distin and Bent i reckon most people would be happy.

I would facilitate maracas shaking on my genitalia should that come off

IF we got Fox, Distin and Bent i reckon most people would be happy.

We'd have a LB we need as cover, but a CB we don't need and a striker we can't afford. Also, we'd STILL fail to address the single most lacking area.

So I don't think everyone would be happy.