The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Kinnear told The Times today:

We are miles apart on prices, We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/12/25/transfer-news/kinnear-%e2%80%93-we%e2%80%99re-miles-apart-on-transfer-prices/

why can't he just shut his fucking mouth?  :angry:

What's wrong with that like?

What's right with it like?

Letting people know we won't overpay for players? :dontknow:

Or letting them know how much we are willing to spend gives them an idea of our budget.  bluerazz.gif

They'd probably get an idea of what we were looking to spend when we made a bid.  bluerazz.gif

“We are miles apart on prices,” “We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.”

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/12/25/transfer-news/kinnear-%e2%80%93-we%e2%80%99re-miles-apart-on-transfer-prices/

Or letting them know how much we are willing to spend gives them an idea of our budget.  bluerazz.gif

They'd probably get an idea of what we were looking to spend when we made a bid.  bluerazz.gif

I wasn't just talking about the team we're trying to do business with though. Other teams will have an idea as well, which is one thing I've praised this regime about is not airing transfer dealings in public like we have done in the past. Then we have this gobshite in charge.  :sadnod:

“We are miles apart on prices,” “We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.”

I wasn't just talking about the team we're trying to do business with though. Other teams will have an idea as well, which is one thing I've praised this regime about is not airing transfer dealings in public like we have done in the past. Then we have this gobshite in charge.  :sadnod:

Can't see the problem in saying we won't overpay for players though.

We are miles apart on prices, We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.

Me neither. Which is all he has to say, he doesn't have to mention any figures. Not that I believe him anyway mind.

Me neither. Which is all he has to say, he doesn't have to mention any figures. Not that I believe him anyway mind.

he's just a gobshite; my contracts this long, no wait its this long, clubs being sold next week, alan shearers gonna be the next manager, oh no he's not, ashleys coming back, oh no he's not, we're not willing to pay what a club wants for this player we want to buy

howay man, he's got all the class of mackem pondlife...in no way, shape or form can publicly disclosing fees and negotiations for players help our cause, so he should fucking shut his mouth and carry on with the decent job he's doing coaching

But I thought NUSC demanded to know exactly what the budget was?

I wouldn't know as I'm not a paid up member.

Guest The German

www.bbc.co.uk

West Ham United defender Matthew Upson is high up Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear's wish-list. (Daily Telegraph)

Do we really need Upson???

Not really. I am up for getting a "wonderkid" in defence if there is one available but we have some half decent centre backs here already so it isn't a pressing issue. Upson is what? 29? and knowing our luck his injury record would return to form as soon as he signs.

I also think they would want over the odds.

All said I wouldn't be devastated if we signed him (like I would with Riise).

Guest sicko2ndbest

Redknapp 'The chairman faxed an offer over to west ham for Bellamy but there are other clubs that are after him'

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

Guest The German

Redknapp 'The chairman faxed an offer over to west ham for Bellamy but there are other clubs that are after him'

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

We still not need an injury faker. And also I would love to see a younger strinker come into here. Like Botafemi Gomez, probably!

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

We still not need an injury faker. And also I would love to see a younger strinker come into here. Like Botafemi Gomez, probably!

Bota who?

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

botafemi gomis or mario gomez

or both

Guest The German

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

Bota who?

Bafétimbi Gomis (So that's now right)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baf%C3%A9timbi_Gomis

I wouldn't know as I'm not a paid up member.

Really? I had assumed it was you writing the press releases. ;)

Yeah, precisely. "We haven't met their evaluation yet" would have sufficed, surely? Instead of letting the world know what we're going to spend. He's done this constantly re: transfers, very similar to Roeder. And looked what happened with him in the one January window he got. We ended up with Gooch.

Just shut up, man. :undecided: (Not you Tooj)

Yeah, precisely. "We haven't met their evaluation yet" would have sufficed, surely? Instead of letting the world know what we're going to spend. He's done this constantly re: transfers, very similar to Roeder. And looked what happened with him in the one January window he got. We ended up with Gooch.

Just shut up, man. :undecided: (Not you Tooj)

No need to put that part in brackets in. Let him make his own mind up.

Everton have launched a bid for Nigerian international Peter Odemwingie, skysports.com understands.

The 27-year-old, who can play as a striker or a winger, has already stated his desire to move to the Premier League.

Now Everton have made their move and they have opened talks with his club Lokomotiv Moscow.

Toffees chief David Moyes has already confirmed that his club will be limited to loan deals during the window, and one of those he is looking to finalise is for Odemwingie.

Talks

The player's advisor Chris Nathaniel confirmed that talks were ongoing.

"I can confirm that Everton have made contact with me about Peter, and they want to take him on loan," Nathaniel told skysports.com.

"At the moment Lokomotiv appear to want to sell him, but talks are continuing between the two clubs."

Nathaniel confirmed that there were other clubs looking at Odemwingie, with the likes of Tottenham, Newcastle and West Ham linked with bids.

"There are other clubs looking at Peter," he confirmed

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4706839,00.html

Us?

Probably Villa, Man City

incredible