The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

If that's what the manager wants then that's what the club should do.

It is in line with the "summer transfer" policy though AKA whole squad up for sale/being forced out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

tbf it says that bids for jonas and colo would 'be considered', thats stating the f***ing obvious and a long way from saying they're 'up for sale'

Howay man, everybody has a price, thus everyone is up for sale! If you think otherwise you are dillusional

It is in line with the "summer transfer" policy though AKA whole squad up for sale/being forced out.

Not really as Kinnear will be selling players to bring in players that he wants and if he wants to sell Jonas and Colo to sign Ferguson and Diop then good for him.

As long as the club are letting the manager have the final say then it's a good thing.

Not really as Kinnear will be selling players to bring in players that he wants and if he wants to sell Jonas and Colo to sign Ferguson and Diop then good for him.

As long as the club are letting the manager have the final say then it's a good thing.

Oh Baggio. :razz:

Tbh though, i highly doubt there's anything in the Jonas/Colo thing. I doubt even Kinnear is moronic enough to let them go; Colo's played every minute of the season so far hasn't he?

Guest sicko2ndbest

What happened to the £20mill per season Ashley was willing to invest from his own pocket?

It only comes into fruition once he gets the money he lost on the stadium repayment back into his pocket!

Oh Baggio. :razz:

Tbh though, i highly doubt there's anything in the Jonas/Colo thing. I doubt even Kinnear is moronic enough to let them go; Colo's played every minute of the season so far hasn't he?

Both players hav been involved in most of our better performances as well. I think most of this is just paper bollocks with Kinnear contributing a nice big share with his rent-a-gob quotes.

Baggio, would it be acceptable for you if Kinnear had to sell in order to buy this transfer window, i.e. if no significant net investment was made into the playing squad for the fourth transfer window running? Would this constitute moving the club forward, as Mike promised?

Baggio, would it be acceptable for you if Kinnear had to sell in order to buy this transfer window, i.e. if no significant net investment was made into the playing squad for the fourth transfer window running? Would this constitute moving the club forward, as Mike promised?

He's trying to say that Dennis the DOF is an ace talent spotter and should be allowed to get on with improving the squad despite being told to sell before he buys.

Newcastle United = a selling club again.

I'd rather Kinnear wasn't involved with buying or selling any of our players.

As for spending money in this transfer window, I'm not sure how much the club is making these days but if I was Ashley I wouldn't put any of my own money into the club while the fans don't even want me at games.

He's trying to say that Dennis the DOF is an ace talent spotter and should be allowed to get on with improving the squad despite being told to sell before he buys.

Newcastle United = a selling club again.

And you want the manager to have the final say, so if Kinnear wants to sell Colo and Jonas then it's down to him and he should be allowed to get on with it. Correct?

If he wants to sell Jonas and Colo because he doesn't rate them (despite playing them in every single game since he's been here) then fine.

What you seem to be missing is that he seemingly might have to sell them to raise funds. Which is totally unacceptable in my view.

What happened to the £12m from the Milner sale?

I'd rather Kinnear wasn't involved with buying or selling any of our players.

As for spending money in this transfer window, I'm not sure how much the club is making these days but if I was Ashley I wouldn't put any of my own money into the club while the fans don't even want me at games.

don't see what the fuck this has to do with it, surely the ultimate act of cutting off your nose to spite your face?  let the club rot and lose millions of pounds because a few dickheads made a banner and a few dickheads who could write send a threatening letter or two