Hull City - wtf?

Dave

Back into third in the table today with 17 points from 8 games; just three points behind Chelsea and Liverpool. Got nearly half of the points that would have kept them up last season already.

Er, aren't they meant to start losing way before now? :lol:

Back into third in the table today with 17 points from 11 games; just three points behind Chelsea and Liverpool. Got nearly half of the points that would have kept them up last season already.

Nah plenty of time yet.

Great to see them doing well. Saw it with Reading/Wigan in their first seasons - took teams by surprise.

A combination of experience, team spirit, a strong work ethic, and a bit of class (i.e. Geovanni) can still get you far.

Don't expect them to be anywhere near the top 6 at the end of the season but hey, it's good while it lasts. Good on them.

Nah plenty of time yet.

Thing is the promoted teams normally surprise a few for the first couple of weeks but after that fade away badly. They've backed up the win at Arsenal, which is very impressive.

Back into third in the table today with 17 points from 11 games; just three points behind Chelsea and Liverpool. Got nearly half of the points that would have kept them up last season already.

8 games?

8 games?

Fucking hell, no idea where I got 11 from. That makes it even more remarkable. Almost halfway to safety before a quarter of the season has been played.

Nah plenty of time yet.

Thing is the promoted teams normally surprise a few for the first couple of weeks but after that fade away badly. They've backed up the win at Arsenal, which is very impressive.

Oh they've done extremely well, especially considering some of the opposition.  But its not like its an isolated thing for a new team to do this well at this early stage in the season.  Reading did something very similar (had around the same amount of points after 8 games I think) ended up finishing 9th.  Wigan in there first season had 16 points after 8 games, they even won there next three in a row as well but then lost six in a row and ended and ended up finishing 10th.

Nah plenty of time yet.

Oh they've done very well, especially considering some of the opposition.  But its not like its an isolated thing for a new team to do this well at this early stage in the season.  Reading did something very similar (had around the same amount of points after 8 games I think) ended up finishing 9th.  Wigan in there first season had 16 points after 8 games and ended up finishing 10th.

But that's kinda my point. 9th or 10th for Hull City in their first ever season in the top tier of English football would be bonkers.

Guest Heneage

The key is the way he plays Geovanni, in the role of a midfielder with the responsiblities of a striker.

What?

They play often a 4-5-1, with Geovanni almost in the hole, but he plays with the striker, that allows him to score and create, but he's not obliged or made to defend, its very clever.

Sick of them already. They won't go down this season but hopefully next they'll sink like a stone.

:knuppel2:

Apart from Brown being a bit of a dodgy cunt with where he's from and what his team is, I'm glad to see them doing well. It's buzzing round these parts at the minute, could hear the atmosphere from the game in my flat today (only live 5 mins away, like). Many more teams I'd wish relegation upon first, and not just because I'm living here at the minute. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke easily before them.

This city needs it man... it really does :lol: