Man City

Mr. Snrub

The only time this team looks a real threat is when you read their teamsheet on paper, which really ain't as good as it seems.  In reality on the pitch all they are is alright.  Just another team that will be challenging for a UEFA cup spot at best and it will always be the same.  Laughable all these players they getl inked with.  They won't get a better player than Robinho in, inconsistent, money grabbing prick.  Players such as Torres, Fabregas etc.. would never look twice at joining them.

Sick of all these Man City fans crawling out of the woodwork with their arrogant attitudes thinking they're suddenly gonna dominate Europe, bunch of tossers.  Nothing club and that's not going to change.

Guest Heneage

Robinho is not the player he thinks ,he was a very good player in a great side, he by no means "Did it on his own" for Madrid.

Both Robinho and Jo were really poor tonight. Impressed with Ireland though.

Robinho wasnt great but he still won the pen the cheating prick and scored it.Also set up the equaliser.But you would expect more of him when we went down to 10 men.Very impressed with Ireland,took his goal very well................the fucker!

Guest timmy boy

I don't mind City to be honest, they are a  traditionally  big team with a good fan base who have been through a lot of shit times like ourselves.I could think of a lot of teams who I would hate to see get unlimited backing before them.

I've been thinking this recently as well.  It seems everywhere I look Man City are being massively over hyped.  Some of our own fans calling them a class side before today's game.  Mick Lowes on Radio Newcastle talking about Jo, Robinho and Phillips as if they were an amazing combination.  It seems that all this hype that came from the Abu Dhabi group has convinced people that Man City must now be amazing.  They're a mid table side.

I did think when the commentators were eulogising about Man City being 'a great passing side' that that was probably a bit premature since they werent that great last season and they had just lost 3 domestic games on the bounce.

Ireland bossed their whole game, terrific performance from him.

Nice through ball for Ireland but other than that, I hope Robinho is red faced at having to climb out of Geremi's fucking pocket.

Ireland's developed into a class player. wouldnt have thought it possible a year or two ago.

Their short passing game seemed decent but as soon as they attempted any kind of pass which involved moving the ball more than five yards the radar went to pot. No better than us in terms of passing tonight.

Thought they missed both Elano and Petrov ennormously tonight. Ireland had a good game but I still don't think he can match Elano's vision and creativity. He bossed the game at Eastlands last year. Bit like Petrov really, who's pace and delivery ripped us apart.

The biggest disappointment in the City team for me was SWP. Bassong wasn't at his best and he failed to exploit this. He seemd more intrested in taking pointless pot-shots than actually running at the fullback.

They looked dangerous on the counter a few times, they've got some frightening pace in their team, but seemed to lack that quality. They're a bit hit and miss, they will play fantastic in some games but won't show up to others.

Ireland has looked good this whole season, been very impressed with him. They also missed Petrov, who is a class act.

I just think that City have a very odd mix of elite players/creative potentially great players and mid-level somewhat average premier league players. You take a Robinho, an Elano, an SWP, Jo, Petrov, Benjani, etc. and those guys could potentially be starters on many of the great teams, but then you take the rest of their players, and you could easily swap them for players on any other average team. I don't think this combo has mixed well yet, the average ones drag the whole team down. They'll buy more potentially great players in January, but even then, I think they will follow the Chelsea model of taking a few years before they really gel, mentally get used to the idea of being competitive with the big boys, and start to be at the big 4 level.

Fuck of Man City you fucking cunts. Robinho, shola was far better on the night. Get up you gready cheating prick.

Fucking detest Mark Hughes, thinks he is a big time charlie, hope it all goes tits up and the cunt has to start again.

Aye Mark Hughes is showing he has little tactical awareness, as at 1-0 up with 10 men, they should have destroyed us.

They deserved to lose as their football at times was extremely negative, once they got the goal all they did was pass it across the back four.

I just think that City have a very odd mix of elite players/creative potentially great players and mid-level somewhat average premier league players. You take a Robinho, an Elano, an SWP, Jo, Petrov, Benjani, etc. and those guys could potentially be starters on many of the great teams, but then you take the rest of their players, and you could easily swap them for players on any other average team. I don't think this combo has mixed well yet, the average ones drag the whole team down. They'll buy more potentially great players in January, but even then, I think they will follow the Chelsea model of taking a few years before they really gel, mentally get used to the idea of being competitive with the big boys, and start to be at the big 4 level.

This is so true, they really do have some shite in there, but I imagine this will be sorted in January.  Also very surprised that Elano didn't make an appearance from the bench, he really could have opened the game up for them, Robinho was consistently dropping too deep to try and make an impact as a midfield playmaker, whereas Elano could have done that much better.