Mike Ashley I Hope You're Happy

Tooj

Guest Washington_Mag

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

What a load of f*cking tripe man.

When we get to a situation where we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Taylor & Solano in a back-four, and a freebie plucked from City's subs bench in the side, then I'll believe we have the weakest squad since 1992.

How is that a worse squad than our current one?

Our current one is f***ing s**** that has no bottle, 6 points from a possible 27 says it all really.

And we finished about 2-3 points ahead of West Ham who were in the relegation zone all season in that one. We'll finish with more points this season than we did that one.

What is your theory based on?

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

When we get to a situation where we have to play Huntington, Edgar, Taylor & Solano in a back-four, and a freebie plucked from City's subs bench in the side, then I'll believe we have the weakest squad since 1992.

Our current one is f***ing s**** that has no bottle, 6 points from a possible 27 says it all really.

And we finished about 2-3 points ahead of West Ham who were in the relegation zone all season in that one. We'll finish with more points this season than we did that one.

Us having a stronger team and squad than that one.

Guest Washington_Mag

Spoken to him, have you?

This one is leaking goals in for fun and can't win at all. Yup, a strong squad.

Spoken to him, have you?

It's a reasonably strong squad when all are fit and playing well. Context is an alien subject to you isn't it?

Spoken to him, have you?

Compared to a team that lost 1-0 at home to relegated Sheff Utd, and 5-1 at home to a Championship side...yup, a stronger squad.

i think the squad this season is better and bigger than a couple of seasons ago, though the premiership as a whole is better and more competitive than it was then, if you stand still you actually regress in relation to the rest of the league, and if you only improve marginally you actually stand still. but that doesnt count for everything, the manager issue and off the club instability counts for a lot, as does the imbalances in a squad and lack of leadership in the team - just look at spurs for the latter point, they have some very good players and a squad better than many teams above them, yet they're bottom.

Guest Washington_Mag

Spoken to him, have you?

Compared to a team that lost 1-0 at home to relegated Sheff Utd, and 5-1 at home to a Championship side...yup, a stronger squad.

Roeder's squad was in the Carling Cup up until xmas and had a decent run in Europe. Shit league finish granted, but at least they got the ball down and knocked it about.

i think the squad this season is better and bigger than a couple of seasons ago, though the premiership as a whole is better and more competitive than it was then, if you stand still you actually regress in relation to the rest of the league, and if you only improve marginally you actually stand still. but that doesnt count for everything, the manager issue and off the club instability counts for a lot, as does the imbalances in a squad and lack of leadership in the team - just look at spurs for the latter point, they have some very good players and a squad better than many teams above them, yet they're bottom.

Agreed.

Am I the only one whos a bit confused with how this defeat is Ashley's fault? In the 2 months since KKs walk/sacking we could have gone one of two ways:

1. A new manager is brought in within a few weeks and the team is back on track going into October. Problems off the field are sorted out and although a large percentage of fans are unhappy over the KK affair, the team finds itself in the middle of the table.

OR

2. Bedsheet holding fans protest and Ashley reluctantly gets the message. He automatically puts the club up for sale and is listening to potential new owners. He manages to brings in a short term manager to manage the club over this sale period who knows exactly where he stands and what hes at the club to do. There is some stability and motivation within the team for a few weeks. Advance a month or so and the sale has gone through and a new owner is in place. Time is needed to find a new manager and for him to settle. Before you know, its Christmas and half the season has gone!

I'll leave it at that.

What's Ashley got to do with this?.

He's ripped the club apart and turned it into a national joke by  forcing out a perfectly good manager who loves the club.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

He's ripped the club apart and turned it into a national joke by  forcing out a perfectly good manager who loves the club.

oh cry me a f***ing river TYNE

Guest optimistic nit

he didn't force keegan out.

i am sure he isn't and can't do that. Obi Wan Kenobi still not taught him yet.

Him and his system made Keegan's job untenable. Pretty close enough.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a long time. Just face facts, Keegan is a bottler and it's time to get over it.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a long time. Just face facts, Keegan is a bottler and it's time to get over it.

:lol:

Rightyo.

:lol:

Rightyo.

Cheerio.  :lol:

If a manager feels he can't do his job properly and feels he had to resign as he couldn't work with the people above him. Surely that makes the position to him untenable?

Maybe!, but as there are millions of people who don't get what they want at work but they don't spit the dummy they get on with it and try to improve the situation, to me it goes to show what sort of character he has, to leave at the last minute, just so he can prove a point. Gutless!.

If a manager feels he can't do his job properly and feels he had to resign as he couldn't work with the people above him. Surely that makes the position to him untenable?

very true.

the debatable points are.1).if he agreed to that structure in the first place..2) if those above him felt the need to step in for other reasons.

very true.

the debatable points are.1).if he agreed to that structure in the first place..2) if those above him felt the need to step in for other reasons.

This is the truth and those who wont entertain (excuse the pun) for one second that Keegan had any part in this debacle need to think about the fact that these two questions are still up for debate. We just dont know.